Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Terex

[Forge/Optifine - NOT TFC BUG] TFC 0.79.12 Optifine no longer works

20 posts in this topic

As the title suggests. Most blocks are now see-through with Optifine installed alongside latest forge and tfc. Perhaps someone else could verify this.

I think it's a Forge<->Optifine thing, has nothing to do with TFC.

I had to revert to the "Lite" version of Optifine to get it work again... but it does work

I think it's a Forge<->Optifine thing, has nothing to do with TFC.

but Optifine and Forge without TFC is working fine...

but Optifine and Forge without TFC is working fine...

yep

I can confirm this is an issue between Forge and Optifine solely because I was a derp, and I updated both forge and optifine, but I forgot to update TFC, and it still happens.

So TFC 79.10, New Forge and Standard Optifine and this still happens, so there is absolutely nothing that TFC did that broke this.

Edit: The reason that Optifine and Forge without TFC appears to be working fine is that the conflict is only for blocks that are using Forge's rendering methods. If you load a vanilla world, it doesn't have any forge renders, so everything appears to be working fine. If you load Optifine, Forge, and any other mod besides TFC that uses custom forge rendering, you will see the exact same problem.

is there a fix for this yet? for now just playing w/o using nei nor optifine - glad that newer forge is being used now even though this happened

is there a fix for this yet? for now just playing w/o using nei nor optifine - glad that newer forge is being used now even though this happened

You'll have to keep an eye on the Optifine forum post and go pester its developer about it. There's no point in asking here, because we have absolutely nothing to do with breaking or fixing it.

I just checked the Optifine thread, someone said to use forge 1230 instead. Tried it, "everything" works, as in I was able to create a new world and not have transparent blocks. Although I know I'm not on the official TFC recommended version, that might be a viable alternative for people wanting Optifine with their TFC.

Hope this helps.

P.

I've been using 1230. The one issue I have encountered is that sometimes you will get ghost entities on the ground. For example, you process wheat, but don't have room in your inventory for the thatch, it drops on ground. 2 entities will drop on the ground, one is actual entity you can pick up, other is a ghost that will remain until you relog. So far that is only issue I've identified.

Using OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_A4 and Forge 10.13.1.1217 I don't have any issues.Using OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_A4 and Forge 10.13.2.1236 I get the see-through issue. Just in case anyone wants to try to downgrade their Forge version for the time being. Although I would advise to just run without Optifine for the time being, at least until Optifine gets updated :)

TFC 79.12 was built on forge 1236. 79.10 and earlier versions were built on forge 1217. The conflicting code was introduced between forge 1230 and 1236. That is why they suggested 1230, which I expect would be a better choice than 1217.

running TFC 0.79.13 with OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_A4 with Forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230 and it works "fine" 

had the see-through problem with  Forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1236 but I could run the latest version of TFC (0.79.13) with optifine with forge 1230.

Forge version 1233 fixed some pretty horrible issues that had to do with render bleeding. This fix, which was actually an extremely good thing to solve, is what broke Optifine, because optifine is still using the old, bad code. The Optifine developer's response was pretty much "too bad, I'm working on 1.8 now"

Please also note that with modded Minecraft, optifine actually tends to cause more lag than it solves, and that a good chunk of our users who thought that they absolutely needed optifine to play TFC are getting along just fine without it when using fastcraft.

It is much better to use the version of forge that TFC is built on, and not worry about the random bugs happening that forge has solved, than to user an older version of forge which has the rendering leakage and optifine, which will likely hurt performance as well.

I read the developer's response on the offcial MC forum which was that he might/would update Optifine for 1.7.10 (and maybe 1.6.4 too) when he is done with Optifine for 1.8.(1).

Preview OptiFine B1 for Minecraft 1.7.10: Downoload

So far it seems to be working. For me at least :)

I've been using 1230. The one issue I have encountered is that sometimes you will get ghost entities on the ground. For example, you process wheat, but don't have room in your inventory for the thatch, it drops on ground. 2 entities will drop on the ground, one is actual entity you can pick up, other is a ghost that will remain until you relog. So far that is only issue I've identified.

That's been happening with me on the current version of TFC and forge 1272. When I go onto my creative world and drop a few items, I get duplicate items (ghost items). I always dealt with it, since relogging fixed it

I fixed this problem by going and getting optifine standard

Optifine has been updated for quite some time now to fix this issue, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. If you are still having this issue, then you need to update your copy of optifine to B1 or later.