Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aleksey_t

[TFC 0.79.17] Lanterns Addon for TFC

38 posts in this topic

Great work on your addons!

Thank you.

We have Lanterns installed on our server and we've built dozens of them. We want to upgrade to 79.17 and also install your Decorations addon when you are able to update it. I believe you said that people with Lanterns already will have the lanterns disabled from Decorations. Does that mean we have to keep Lanterns installed and wait for an update to it? Or can we install Decorations and uninstall Lanterns and still have the already built lanterns continue to function?

If/when you will create new world then better to remove Lanterns addon and use just Decorations (which is fully includes Lanterns features).But since you are playing in the world with already created "lanterns" from Lanterns addon, then you must have Lanterns addon otherwise your old lanterns will disappear.Decorations addon is already updated for TFC 0.79.17.I will update Lanterns tomorrow.

Thank you! I can't wait to play around with all the different lighting options we'll have now!

Addon is updated for TFC 0.79.17

Getting a crash report when placing the mod in the mod folder... any special way to instal the mod?

Crash Report

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I let you down. Sorry :(

Time: 19/04/15 20:22
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NullPointerException: Initializing game
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidStack.<init>(FluidStack.java:27)
at com.aleksey.lanterns.Core.Recipes.registerFluidContainers(Recipes.java:83)
at com.aleksey.lanterns.Core.Recipes.registerRecipes(Recipes.java:27)
at com.aleksey.lanterns.LanternsMod.initialize(LanternsMod.java:59)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:691)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:288)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:541)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidStack.<init>(FluidStack.java:27)
at com.aleksey.lanterns.Core.Recipes.registerFluidContainers(Recipes.java:83)
at com.aleksey.lanterns.Core.Recipes.registerRecipes(Recipes.java:27)
at com.aleksey.lanterns.LanternsMod.initialize(LanternsMod.java:59)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:691)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:288)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:541)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_40, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 68970768 bytes (65 MB) / 283037696 bytes (269 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1291 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1291 6 mods loaded, 6 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
FML{7.10.85.1291} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1291.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
Forge{10.13.2.1291} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1291.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
tfc_coremod{0.79.17} [TFC[coremod]] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
LanternsTFC{1.0.43} [Lanterns] ([1.7.10]Lanterns-1.0.43.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
terrafirmacraft{0.79.17} [TerraFirmaCraft] ([1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.17.645.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
Launched Version: 1.7.10-Forge10.13.2.1291
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 5670 GL version 4.4.13283 Compatibility Profile Context 14.501.1003.0, ATI Technologies Inc.
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

Getting a crash report when placing the mod in the mod folder... any special way to instal the mod?

No special way to install.At first look your configuration is correct.Could you please let me know:1) Mod you are using was downloaded from the link I provided or did you compile it by yourself from the sources?2) What the reason for using Lanterns addon? If you are starting clear map (i.e. without Lanterns items) then I strongly recommend to use Decorations addon: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7694-tfc-07917-decorations-addon-for-tfc/

Addon is updated for TFC 0.79.17

Dear Aleksey, 

I know that lanterns have been integrated to decorations addon, but I run server with 3k+ regs for more than a year and updating to current TFC build will mean a thousands of lanterns to disappear. Would you kindly keep this nice mod updated, please?

Stupid question. . Does spider sting not work? I got sticks copper core with whiskey spider string and glass panes but no lantern :( help

Good job, it looks even better than my favourite Railcraft lanterns.

One issue - I doubt that alcohol gained from fermentation is enough strong to be burned. And there is plenty of lantern version multiplied by plenty of alcohols. What about distilling alcohols to Ethanol? Something similar to hootch setup crafted from copper tank,  tuyere and glass bottle, placed against fire, would produce distilled alcohol, whch can be used not only for lamps, but also as energy source for other mods.

On 4/24/2016 at 4:33 PM, ciekma said:

One issue - I doubt that alcohol gained from fermentation is enough strong to be burned. And there is plenty of lantern version multiplied by plenty of alcohols. What about distilling alcohols to Ethanol? Something similar to hootch setup crafted from copper tank,  tuyere and glass bottle, placed against fire, would produce distilled alcohol, whch can be used not only for lamps, but also as energy source for other mods.

I actually like this addon a lot. I think it achieves a middle term between realism and the necessities of the game.

To be more realistic it could not use alcohol at all, as it burns too quickly to be used in lanterns.

In real life lanterns or lamps always use some kind of oil, be it vegetable, animal or mineral.

23 minutes ago, TonyLiberatto said:

To be more realistic it could not use alcohol at all, as it burns too quickly to be used in lanterns.

In real life lanterns or lamps always use some kind of oil, be it vegetable, animal or mineral.

Of course, but there are already oil lamps, and alternative for alcohol lanterns is a good add-on itself.  My proposal of refined ethanol derived from NEI mess with plenty of alcohol x metal type versions of lantern core.

I understand, 

I actually would prefer if we had a distinction in tfc between distilled and fermented, with different process to obtain them. 

One of the points is that we should only be able to make vinegar from wine and never from vodka.

The ideal situation would be to have Wine from all kinds of fruits, but they should be made from fruit juice. Fruit juice would bring your thirst and fruit bar.

In this way wine would be a way to also have the same fruit benefits, but with a daily limit, so a small amount would help your nutrition bar, too much would be bad for you.

Beer would work the same way, but for the grain bar. Again in moderation.

Distilled is the one that could be use for lanterns. 

Pity I have no idea how to code.

On 4/26/2016 at 8:03 AM, TonyLiberatto said:

One of the points is that we should only be able to make vinegar from wine and never from vodka.

So... literally all you need to make vinegar is alcohol and a colony of acetobacter.  You actually can make it from vodka.  And beer, for that matter (see malt vinegar).  Without proper sanitation, acetobacter infections are not uncommon in homebrewing.

I like the idea of distinguishing between distilled spirits (a lot of real world stills are made out of copper!) and brewed alcohol.  And everyone knows that beer is one of the most nutritious beverages known to man.