Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
-Foxley46-

Things you think should be added to agriculture.

168 posts in this topic

As i can see. You want to see pumpkins have other uses than just making them into lanterns. Melons also seem pointless since they only heal 2/1 hunger. I think that the more nutrient the food is, the more it fills the tank.

Actually, I just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally fuckin love pumpkin pie <3

I would like to add my own thoughts to this discussion. Man cannot live on bread alone. The current Minecraft hunger system doesn't need any variety, so if it was smallest or easiest to store, a player could easily ONLY eat that without any cares about any other types of food. Vitamins content, a need for protein and a need for carbohydrates would be a good answer to that. Leafy greens provide vitamin K, citrus provides vitamin C, meat provides protein and bread and fruits provide carbohydrates and so on.

Animals could need extra processing as eyeballs and livers can provide extra nutrients (Icky, but it would be useful to a hunter gatherer.)

Tubors could be found in the ground for hunter gatherers, requiring a keen eye to spot.

And one last thing: There needs to be barbecue. Not just because smoked meat doesn't spoil easily, but because barbecue is awesome (in my opinion, at least :)).

Vitamins content, a need for protein and a need for carbohydrates would be a good answer to that. Leafy greens provide vitamin K, citrus provides vitamin C, meat provides protein and bread and fruits provide carbohydrates and so on.

you would have to simplify this alot for it to still work and be fun but otherwise great suggestion. the only problem i see is that you would have to focus alot on farming maybe even to much. there was a time when we really only had a few vitamins and some protein so really what you could do instead is have so we needed meat and plant instead of vitamin a,b,c,d, and all that stuff.

you would have to simplify this alot for it to still work and be fun but otherwise great suggestion. the only problem i see is that you would have to focus alot on farming maybe even to much. there was a time when we really only had a few vitamins and some protein so really what you could do instead is have so we needed meat and plant instead of vitamin a,b,c,d, and all that stuff.

I can see this being hard from a coding standing standpoint, but on the fun side, if you ate allot of different foods, you'd be fine. If you are worried about too much focus on farming, you could just tweak a few characteristics of the food sources; all the vitamin system means is that you need to grow different kinds of food.

There was never a time when humans were only getting a few vitamins and were still well nourished, if that's what you were talking about.

And lastly, you might be able to make it so that you had to be getting a certain amount of different foods, but nutrients would make the most realistic system,

I would like to see an underground/cave based agriculture to go with the above ground. Lichens & mosses, a variety of mushrooms and the like for those of us that prefer to carve out a home rather than build up one. What with the depth penalty to the metalworking stuff there is less incentive to do so.

^

Me too. I live the same way in MC.

...Pumpkin pie now.

For the love of god Bioxx pumpkin pie now.

We also need a recipe for checkered tablecloth and a windowsill block.

We also need a recipe for checkered tablecloth and a windowsill block.

...but what purpose would those serve, other than being a quick bout of amusement that swiftly passes and then leaves you wondering why this was actually put into the game?

Now, fabric in general, I can understand. But adding possible patterns to fabric is I think a little too much work for both bioxx and the player. Also, windowsills would be pointless...

...SHELVES on the other hand...

...but what purpose would those serve, other than being a quick bout of amusement that swiftly passes and then leaves you wondering why this was actually put into the game?

Now, fabric in general, I can understand. But adding possible patterns to fabric is I think a little too much work for both bioxx and the player. Also, windowsills would be pointless...

...SHELVES on the other hand...

You took that entirely too seriously :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ooh, pie...

Actually, speaking of baked goods, don't you think you should actually have to bake bread!?

You would have to collect yeast (or not!), grind the wheat into flower, make dough, and maybe add some salt, and then cook it all.

It's too bad we wouldn't be able to smell it cook :(.

Ooh, pie...

Actually, speaking of baked goods, don't you think you should actually have to bake bread!?

You would have to collect yeast (or not!), grind the wheat into flower, make dough, and maybe add some salt, and then cook it all.

It's too bad we wouldn't be able to smell it cook :(.

And this is why I vote we add a crapton more bake-able goods to TFC. (all below recipes are shapeless)

Wheat + crafting area = flour

rock salt cobble + hammer = salt

flour + water bucket + egg + salt = dough (yeast is assumed to be in it)

dough + time in inventory = raised dough

raised dough => oven (new block, powered by logs like the firepit but has 3 slots and adds a bonus to the natural heat of the logs) = bread

raised dough + apple + peach + wooden bowl = uncooked fruit pie

raised dough + raw beef + raw pork + wooden bowl = uncooked meat pie

raised dough + pumpkin + sugar + wooden bowl = uncooked pumpkin pie

uncooked meat/fruit/pumpkin pie => oven = Meat/Fruit/Pumpkin pie

Item:			  Hunger:	 Saturation:Uncooked fruit pie	  2		   1.5Uncooked meat pie	  2.5		   1.5Uncooked pumpkin pie	  2		   1.5Fruit pie		  4.5		   8.4Meat pie		  6		   15.2Pumpkin pie		  5.5		   7.2

And this is why I vote we add a crapton more bake-able goods to TFC. (all below recipes are shapeless)

Wheat + crafting area = flour

rock salt cobble + hammer = salt

flour + water bucket + salt = dough (yeast is assumed to be in it)

dough + time in inventory = raised dough

raised dough => oven (new block, powered by logs like the firepit but has 3 slots and adds a bonus to the natural heat of the logs) = bread

raised dough + apple + peach + wooden bowl = uncooked fruit pie

raised dough + raw beef + raw pork + wooden bowl = uncooked meat pie

raised dough + pumpkin + sugar + wooden bowl = uncooked pumpkin pie

uncooked meat/fruit/pumpkin pie => oven = Meat/Fruit/Pumpkin pie

Item:			  Hunger:	 Saturation:Uncooked fruit pie	  2		   1.5Uncooked meat pie	  2.5		   1.5Uncooked pumpkin pie	  2		   1.5Fruit pie		  4.5		   8.4Meat pie		  6		   15.2Pumpkin pie		  5.5		   7.2
You should use a hammer or grindstone to get flour. You should be able to place the bread as a block to wait for it to rise, having things in your inventory any more than you need to is a pain in the butt. you're forgetting about flat-bread. Plus, don't forget about rice, corn, and other flours! No, I am not trying to say you did a bad job, just adding some things.

You should use a hammer or grindstone to get flour. You should be able to place the bread as a block to wait for it to rise, having things in your inventory any more than you need to is a pain in the butt. you're forgetting about flat-bread. Plus, don't forget about rice, corn, and other flours! No, I am not trying to say you did a bad job, just adding some things.

I thought of hammer, but then decided against it because when was the last time you saw anyone going at grains with a mallet. I think it's fair enough to assume that steve has a mortar and pestle somewhere laying about, or even just a big rock. Hence just placing it in the crafting area.

And really, having your inventory overcrowded is just kinda part of TFC at this point. Placing it as a block would probably be more realistic, but having it cool in your inventory feels more consistent with the feel of TFC. And like I said in the mining thread, Magic A is Magic A.

...and when bioxx ADDS rice and corn, I'll worry about what to do with them. In the meantime, I'll stick to ingredients present in game

Steam/wind/water powered grinder!

Steam/wind/water powered grinder!

...so you have to build a watermill before you can even bake bread for yourself at the start of the game?

Can't let you do that, Starfox.

I thought of hammer, but then decided against it because when was the last time you saw anyone going at grains with a mallet. I think it's fair enough to assume that steve has a mortar and pestle somewhere laying about, or even just a big rock. Hence just placing it in the crafting area.

And really, having your inventory overcrowded is just kinda part of TFC at this point. Placing it as a block would probably be more realistic, but having it cool in your inventory feels more consistent with the feel of TFC. And like I said in the mining thread, Magic A is Magic A.

...and when bioxx ADDS rice and corn, I'll worry about what to do with them. In the meantime, I'll stick to ingredients present in game

I'm more for a placeable mortar and pestle simply because I like the 'lived-in' feeling of a cluttered minecraft house that has lots of visible tools and equipment laying about.

Of course, while we're at it, there should also be craftable and placeable tables and shelves too. :)

I'm more for a placeable mortar and pestle simply because I like the 'lived-in' feeling of a cluttered minecraft house that has lots of visible tools and equipment laying about.

Of course, while we're at it, there should also be craftable and placeable tables and shelves too. :)

That with decreased inventory capacity would make TFC so much more awesome...

I'd just love to have a tool rack above my anvil, a mortar and pestle on my crafting table, and a pen and ink on my scribing table :) .

Edit: just realized... When you go mining you pick up your tools off the table. You go mining, loading all the cobble into a mine cart. you put your pickaxe back in your toolbelt occasionally to sample the walls with your prospecting pick. You notice your pickaxe getting worn, so you go bakc up to the surface to repair it and unload the cobble (Your thoughts on forevertools thread). It would fit in so well... I know this doesn't belong in the agriculture thread, but I want to see using minecarts/wagons and only having 1 big tool and 1 small tool at a time.

I might have to just go to your profile and search all your posts to just hit the like button on all of them at this rate.

I might have to just go to your profile and search all your posts to just hit the like button on all of them at this rate.

No kidding, JDCollie is posting a good idea every single time O.o

No kidding, JDCollie is posting a good idea every single time O.o

And now that have said that, every one of my ideas from here on out will stink like creeper poo. :P

And now that have said that, every one of my ideas from here on out will stink like creeper poo. :P

xD sorry for the jynx

@EternalUndeath

No. No no no. You can use a hammer or a manual grinder. It's just inefficient and slow, just like a firepit compared to a bloomery/forge.

No. No no no. You can use a hammer or a manual grinder. It's just inefficient and slow, just like a firepit compared to a bloomery/forge.

._. ._. ._.

Really?

It's not that bad, and your basically calling a firepit useless...

._. ._. ._.

Really?

It's not that bad, and your basically calling a firepit useless...

A firepit is basically useless once you get a forge. And I don't quite get what you mean.

A firepit is basically useless once you get a forge. And I don't quite get what you mean.

Sorry for my briefness.

In real life, hunter gatherers needed food so they farmed. UNTIL they started farming, they did not have enough time to make a mill to grind wheat into flour, so they used hand tools.

If you wanted to farm but not make a giant mill in TFC, then you would use simple hand tools. It gives you some choice.

As a side, you shouldn't be able to advance into any metals until you have food, and therefore you probably shouldn't be able to make a mill either.

It does fit with the technological progression of TFC.

Sorry again. I would like to tell you that this message is not meant to sound angry.