Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Trenix

[Solved] Stair Mode Bug

14 posts in this topic

Version #: 0.79.12SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): BothSuggested Name: Stair Mode BugSuggested Category: MinorDescription: While using a chisel, if you go to detail mode on a block, break off a few blocks and then switch over to stair mode, use it where you just chiseled from detail mode, the chiseled blocks will reappear.Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: YesDo you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: No

And this is exactly why we are so hesitant to merge pull requests that implement new features. :)

Please note that the TFC devs did not implement the new stair mode feature, and it was instead a community contribution.

I can look past bugs like this, because corner stairs are now a thing lol

Also saves me from installing Carpenter's Blocks just for the stairs.

And this is exactly why we are so hesitant to merge pull requests that implement new features. :)

Because when officials Devs implements new features it's bugless?

No, but when you put out a new feature with bugs, they're YOUR bugs. Here they're somebody else's bugs.

Still, that shouldn't be too big a problem. I think the user who wrote the code knows what he/she is doing.

Maybe you could send him/her a PM? I believe "lipki" was the one?

I think, lipki is right on this one. Like the original devs did he just have the best intentions, and a lot of players seem to really like this new feature.

Thanks for your work, lipki :)

I really don't get why we're pointing fingers here and I honestly don't care who's responsible for it. We're all human and things happen, this bug isn't really that over the top to the point that we need to get pitchforks and start hunting down the person who did it. It's actually kind of disrespectful the way this was handled. If lipki was the one who did it, you should be happy that someone wanted to contribute to the mod without getting any credit or even a donation from it. The mod is great, but you guys need to be a little more civil to your community. Even if the TFC devs were responsible for this, I honestly wouldn't care. It's not going to make me think anything less of them and don't make it seem like all their releases we're completely free of bugs. I just submitted this because I didn't know if anyone knew about it so maybe it could eventually be resolved.And yeah, thanks lipki. I really hope this isn't going to make the devs completely block out the community from contributing. We're all here for the same reason, to play a good game.

We're not pointing fingers... You're reading way too much into it - the only confrontational post here is your's.

The posts in order:

A bug report

A lighthearted joke

A praise for the new feature

A cheeky quip at Kitty's joke

A statement about developer phyche

Establishing who wrote the code

Saying there is a patch

Another praise

Somebody making a mountain out of a grain of sand

Calm down, will ya? Nobody is disrespecting anybody :/

Two ways to look at it, I saw it negatively. Maybe everything was sarcasm with a bunch of joking involved, but that's rather difficult to sense through text. I just hope I didn't stir up anything because it looks like a bunch of finger pointing to me.

Nope, really only one way to look at it (There's a smily face and everything). And if there was any finger pointing, how could you possibly think it was pointed at you? You didn't develop TFC, the new stair mode feature, nor did you add it into the game. You made a bug report. Nobody even mentioned your name anywhere.

Nope, really only one way to look at it (There's a smily face and everything). And if there was any finger pointing, how could you possibly think it was pointed at you? You didn't develop TFC, the new stair mode feature, nor did you add it into the game. You made a bug report. Nobody even mentioned your name anywhere.

I didn't mean people are pointing fingers at me. I meant to me, it feels like there is a whole bunch of finger pointing. To say, "Please note that the TFC devs did not implement the new stair mode feature, and it was instead a community contribution" was a defensive comment. It was rather negative if you ask me. I donno, I think I just have a different attitude than you guys. When I'm not hostile you guys think I'm being hostile, but when you guys are not hostile, I think you guys are hostile. Maybe we're from different areas and we intrepid things different. Oh well, if no one is being aggressive here than I hope the bug gets fixed.

We're done here, the patch was accepted.We'll talk to my next bug. Let me time to code it. :D