Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trenix

Trenix's Farewell

32 posts in this topic

I think any person without a personal grudge against Kitty is going to see that Trenix is acting unreasonable here. Trenix clearly has some misplaced entitlement issues here. The mere fact that Trenix even thought "I will leave if something isn't done about Kitty" would accomplish anything is a symptom of a grossly inflated sense of worth to this forum.

Noone is going to look down on you for banning Trenix.

Don't think you quite understand what I'm trying to say. I don't just want to rid of Kitty, but from the problems I've already encountered from her, I feel like I'm being dominated and silenced by her in a very abusive manner. I say my opinion, I get suspended. I make a suggestion, I get my thread locked. I clearly tried to talk to her on a personal level so we can resolve these problems and stop them from happening again, but instead I got generic responses and a lack of care. It's the equivalent of a police officer who's abusing their authority to get the upper hand of things. Seriously, I couldn't even get an apology at the VERY least to make all this history.

It's cute when people argue that they have a right to express their opinion. Sure, do it all you want. But nobody is forced to let it do on their platform, in this case a forum. You have exactly zero rights to do anything on someone's platform. They might let you do things, but you never have an inherent right to do so. Neither are they required to tend to your needs or wants in any way. It's their forum. They can do whatever the hell they please.

Letting this discussion continue will lead nowhere. Personally I would have closed this type of thread a lot earlier, or not allowed in the first place. And have done so on multiple occasions in the past on a much larger forum. There is a reason most communities do not allow discussion of moderator / admin actions in public. It leads nowhere and actually usually results in stricter punishment for the people involved.

It's cute when people argue that they have a right to express their opinion. Sure, do it all you want. But nobody is forced to let it do on their platform, in this case a forum. You have exactly zero rights to do anything on someone's platform. They might let you do things, but you never have an inherent right to do so. Neither are they required to tend to your needs or wants in any way. It's their forum. They can do whatever the hell they please.

Letting this discussion continue will lead nowhere. Personally I would have closed this type of thread a lot earlier, or not allowed in the first place. And have done so on multiple occasions in the past on a much larger forum. There is a reason most communities do not allow discussion of moderator / admin actions in public. It leads nowhere and actually usually results in stricter punishment for the people involved.

Unfortunately it does seem that many people here do prefer being controlled by someone who's impulsive, for the fact that they've generously made the mod open to the public. What they don't understand is that it's open for the public for a reason, which its to get some quick cash on a mod they're not making for the community, but rather themselves. It's a pretty much a win-win situation. Obviously I can't be making that up when they're giving flat out no's to things they never want to implement without any feedback from the community whatsoever. Surprised how no one gets offended by that, even after they assisted the devs with wiki updates, bug reports, and ideas. The devs get both the credit and donations for things the community had a part in but the devs leave them out entirely when it comes to decisions, unless they're required. So who's really the one that's ungrateful? But hey, I can see it and I'm sure many others did before they abandoned these forums as well. Like I said, I do enjoy the mod, but if we have a forum admin treating people this way, I rather keep my distance in contributing to anything.

Well trenix, your last post shows how greatly you differ from the community of this mod.

I don't get why someone should code something they don't want to code as their hobby. Saying donations is a way of monetizing the mod is ridicolous as they are not obligatory, you can play all you want and spend none (like most here, myself included).

Mod creators wabt to show their baby to us, for free. They listen to most suggestions, in fact many things added to the mod started as a suggestion.

You are attacking Kitty who is great at her job, she may have made a mistake but everyone does. Work she does is extremely important in here, and not easy. And she has to obeys the rules as well.

I must say the hatred that's coming from your posts is enough reason for me to say that those forums will be better off without you. You act so egocentric I'm amazed really.

I hope Kitty such individuals won't affect your passion for this mod too much, believe me almost everyone on this forum appriciates your work.

Move to China or Russia, they do exactly what you suggest/prefer. Leadership must not be questioned, any attempt to do so results in severe punishment. ... Hail Hydra!

Mod creators wabt to show their baby to us, for free.

This is something I keep hearing over and over. Please tell me a single mod which is restricted from the public. Also please tell me what mod charges people to use it, because I know you wont find one since they will be breaking mojang's terms of use. 

You are attacking Kitty who is great at her job, she may have made a mistake but everyone does. Work she does is extremely important in here, and not easy. And she has to obeys the rules as well.

I'm well aware that people make mistakes. We're all human, but Kitty doesn't even care about apologizing or taking responsibility for her mistakes. That's the problem. 

I must say the hatred that's coming from your posts is enough reason for me to say that those forums will be better off without you. You act so egocentric I'm amazed really.

Where does it show hatred? Where does it show that I'm egocentric? I'm up for a discussion, please bring me some proof and evidence. I'm well aware that I could of said things slightly different, but what do you honestly expect from someone who's been mishandled by an admin? How would you feel if an officer pulled you over, thrown you against the car, and then took you in for a day because you were "loud". I'm only asking for a simple apology and apparently that's too much.

For the record I told Kitty to stay out of this discussion entirely. Had she responded, nothing good would have come to it. With that said, I've given this thread enough time for civil discourse. For someone who is leaving and detests the way that things are run here Trenix, it sure is taking you a while to actually go. If you'd just let shit go I was planning to leave things be, but as it is you want to continue dragging this on and on and on. I'll help you find the exit so that we can be done with this distraction. I think I've been more than fair here.