Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Lenaco

Expected release date TFC 0.80.0

7 posts in this topic

Is there any clue about when we will be progressing to version 0.80?

I ask this because I am interested to join a public server and I like to build, I hate to spend a lot of time building a small town and end up losing it due to a map reset just when I hit the sweet spot.

I am aware that it is hard to give a specific date, and I am not asking for one, but if anyone could give an estimation.

Will it be weeks, months, half a year...?

0.77.0 - 20130819 (ran for 8 months with 22 revisions)

0.78.0 - 20140410 (ran for 6 months with 17 revisions)

0.79.0 - 20141006 (so far it runs for 2 months with 13 revisions)

I'm not entirely sure about the start date for 0.79, I cant find the date in the change logs but the first bug report I can find on the forums is from the 6th of October, so I can be a day off.

Sincerely,

Jacko

There's usually 4-6 months between major builds. Ideally build 80 won't take as long as it will focus less on content addition and more on porting to Minecraft 1.8+, but we are still waiting on a stable 1.8 build of forge before even beginning on build 80. So if I had to give an estimate, I would say 4 months from whenever a recommended version of forge for Minecraft 1.8+ is released.

My best estimate, which could change at any time, for Build 80 releasing would be Summer 2015.

Well my guess is as good as yours but AFAIK the Devs aim for a release every 6 months, so if it's not delayed you have at least 4 more months to play on b79, with a buffer period of 1-2 months if you ask me. 

But on the other hand Bioxx has stated many times that he wants to push out b80 as fast as he can. IMHO still considering there will be some bug fixes for .79 it will take at least 3 months.

DISCLAIMER: I have not spoken to Bioxx or Dunk or Kitty about it, these are just my guesstimations based on the forum and the development pace lately.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Kitty :P Her answer is AY better than mine :P

2 worthwhile answers within 10 minutes of me asking the question, many thx! to both of you!

J

If you check the submits to the sourcecode

https://github.com/Deadrik/TFCraft/commits/master

you can see when someone "uploaded some code changes" to the "masterfile". Whenever some feature is finished, it should pop up there and once enough features are there, there will be a bump in version.

Ofc only finished code is uploaded, so you will never know how much work a dev has done on their own computer but at least it gives you some idea.

There's usually 4-6 months between major builds. Ideally build 80 won't take as long as it will focus less on content addition and more on porting to Minecraft 1.8+, but we are still waiting on a stable 1.8 build of forge before even beginning on build 80. So if I had to give an estimate, I would say 4 months from whenever a recommended version of forge for Minecraft 1.8+ is released.

My best estimate, which could change at any time, for Build 80 releasing would be Summer 2015.

Wich summer?

Wich summer?

I said the year, so I'm only assuming you're asking Northern/Southern Hemisphere summer? Considering that all of the TFC staff lives in North America, the summer I am talking about is the one that starts in June.