Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Deez

Big List of Mobs

171 posts in this topic

This is for later when BioxxDUNK starts to work on mobs, it's my list of suggested mobs and possibly some notes about them as well. Source is Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition (stfu) but modified a bit to better suit our needs. Feel free to suggest more or even just comment about where you think each mob should spawn, since I believe they should be in specific areas.

Rat

Lizard

Monkey

Goblin

Snake

Badger

Dwarf

Eagle

Elf

Gnome

Merfolk (water mob, neutral)

Orc

Camel

Ghoul (in this case I mean a zombie that can move fast)

Horse

Lizardfolk (water mob, evil)

Octopus

Shark

Ape

Bear

Boar

Crocodile

Panther (evil jungle kitty, cause jungles are supposed to be dangerous right?)

Ogre (maybe leader of a goblin village like a mini boss)

Mummy (desert zombie)

Unicorns!

Elephant

Giant (mountain biomes)

Deer

I would also particularly like Dinosaurs and Dragons of all shapes and sizes but that can wait since there are a lot of them to consider adding.

Edit: I'm striking out the confirmed mobs.

Edited by dunkleosteus
bioxx doesn't do animals

Just because you put them next to each other on the list, I'm inclined to say SHARKTOPUSS. If ya don't get the reference that's fine, but I found it slightly amusing.

As for mobs. I think you covered anything I could think of since everything that came to mind was DF mobs lol. And you definitely got unicorns (unicorn burgers ftw!).

Maybe faeries? I'm pretty sure their dust is better than salting food, hell it's probably better than MSG!

Just because you put them next to each other on the list, I'm inclined to say SHARKTOPUSS. If ya don't get the reference that's fine, but I found it slightly amusing.

As for mobs. I think you covered anything I could think of since everything that came to mind was DF mobs lol. And you definitely got unicorns (unicorn burgers ftw!).

Maybe faeries? I'm pretty sure their dust is better than salting food, hell it's probably better than MSG!

Nothing is better than MSG.

I think realistic mobs are best for first introduction: cave bears spring immediately to mind, as do wild boars. Wolves should probably be hostile unless, say, you approach them with meat in hand, and after feeding them they would be non-hostile.

it would be nice to see trade caravans from dwarf fortress that you can trade unique items. maybe from other civilizations?maybe having like a difficult level for mobs to spawn like having them spawn in differents heights the deeper the harder there should be added water mnobs as well

>3e

...-slow nod of approval- You pass.

>3e

...-slow nod of approval- You pass.

I do have some 4E stuff as well but I figure the 3E fits the theme better. It seems to have more common monsters that everyone is familiar with as opposed to 4e.

I do have some 4E stuff as well but I figure the 3E fits the theme better. It seems to have more common monsters that everyone is familiar with as opposed to 4e.

you know why?

you know why?

No clue.

These are my ideas i do not expect most of them to be used, but if it is possible alot of them would be good additions if done properly, just adding to the topic

Hostile mobs:

Lions

Jaguar

Giant squid

Naga

Scorpions, small but poisionous

Snakes

Crocodiles and Aligators

Flying mobs could be added, both hostile and neutral, real and mythical

Tigers

Sea Serpent or Sea Dragon

Leviathan, only spawns in underwater trenches, very rare but if you see one it means certain death for you and your ship

bees, can be tamed if you wear special bee keeping outfit, made from thick cloth like burlap sac and a fine thread mask, made from string or silk

Neutral or Passive mobs:

Llama

Dragon, becomes hostile if attacked, can be bartered with for gold and gems alot of gold and gems, dragons hate to part with anything they think they own, especialy if it is rare

Pegasus

Goat

Rabbit

frog

Donkey, carry heavy load, stubborn as all hell

Duck

Water Bufalo

Reindeer

Geese

Swan

Ostrich

Koi

Fox

Shrimp/Krill

Whales

Silkworms, rare, only spawn in caves and very hard to farm

Walrus, don't get too close or they charge you, stay atleast 5 blacks away,

Sealion,won't attack unless attacked

Horses, like simply horses, or work with simply horses to make the two compatible (make it so you can make the stuff to tame horses)

what i think elephants should be like, becomes hostile if spooked, spawns in herds and can smash through trees. if tamed can be made to cary alot of stuff but moves very slowly

Genral ideas:

You should be able to breed wolves into dogs, not huge breeding into 50 diffrent dogs just make it so that when you breed wolves enough times one of the babies is a "dog" dogs will be the same only with better pathfinding.

Humans should be added as the new npc's.

hostile villages should spawn Goblins in them, or Pigmen

Fish that you actualy have to fish for like notch origanly intended

Craftable Golems:

bring back the Iron Golem

Add a Golden Golem, moves fast but weak attacks, runs in hits their target and runns away, use rose gold

black or Red/Blue Steel Golems, strong but weaker then iron, fast but slower then gold, attacks by ramming the target? don't know what its attack style is but seeing as how i am sure that if implemented golems will be very hard to make, the steel golem should have decent fighting style, so the Iron golem takes like 100 ingots to craft, gold would only take 50 and steel should take between 75 and 100

Nether idea:

In the nether there should be extremely dangerous mobs, and some very useful neutral mobs,

Hostile Nether mobs:

demons, big bulking mobs with a lot of hp and do alot of damage, need ultra powerful armour to stand a chance and they have slightly longer reach then you

hell hounds

thresher, magma shark/fish, attacks magma tortiose

hell beasts, big mob that spwans in lava lakes and throw fireballs at fire dragons

nether should be redesigned so it is much more open, using the full 256 height, open space for dragon flight, ghasts spawn rate should be reduced or the nether needs to have multiple biomes and only certain biomes can spawn ghasts

Fire minotuars, nearly twice the size of player and much more dangerous then most mobs

fire drakes, like a mini wyvern, hostile, fly in and attack the player can breathe fire but half as often as ghasts shoot fireballs

Neutral Nether mobs, no passive:

hell mamoths, like elephants only covered in flame resistant hair, wearing it protect from fire damage but does not make you imune

hell bats, guano can be refined into more powerful gunpowder for better tnt, but only slightly, very hard to contain

fire dragons, if you give them gold or gems they will help you out by giving you a ride, if attacked they will drop you off, can be bartered with for rare items, maybe have "settlements" huge pillar or pliiars with holes in the sides in the middle of lava seas. not furnashed but fire dragongs can be found in or around the pillar, min of 3 per pillar max of 5-7, can not be controlled when ridden, must tell them coordinates and they pathfind to them

Magma tortiose, large, eats coal, give it coal and you can ride it, be careful they tend to dive under the magma if angry with player because they take damage or are not fed regularly,

imps, small creature, they like money, alot of money, if you give them alot of money they will defend you for a certain amount of time. throw mini fireballs that explde but barely enogh to break one nether rack, spreads fire around, will follow you into regular world, if they become untame in the regular world they start forest fires often but die if the sun comes up, instant dies not burns to death

or you could try to talk with the mo'creatures guy and just have us download his mod to gett all of these, just simple coding to remove their regular drops and replace it with your own, that way we get a bonus for using multiple mods.

Could you format your post and make it a little easier to read please? I fear a lot of people will skip over your ideas and they're actually awesome!

Could you format your post and make it a little easier to read please? I fear a lot of people will skip over your ideas and they're actually awesome!

better?

Donkey, carry heavy load, stubborn as all hell

Silkworms, rare, only spawn in caves and very hard to farm

Fish that you actualy have to fish for like notch origanly intended

Hostile Nether mobs

Donkey would solve (if the one you get isn't too temperamental ^_^) transportation of large quantities of supplies problem. At the very least would make moving your home more feasible.

Silkworms and fish being high(er) challenge for rewards makes me giddy for some reason.

For the nether ones, I like a lot of what you put but I would like to say if TFC goes to the nether there should be like a 5-10 second timer before anything overly hostile spawns or becomes actually hostile. With the combination of the funky purple spiral vision, chance to spawn above a vast ocean of lava, and enemies able to attack before the game fully loads, that initial 5 seconds would allow players to actually get their bearings so they don't come out of a portal for the first time and find a ghast fireball shot them out of the portal and they fell down to an endless (for all intents and purposes) lava lake.

I tried Mo' Creatures in regular Minecraft, and the features I like the most are the options to customize how many of each kind of critter you want. I know TFC is based on Dwarf Fortress, and I know Bioxx has stated that fantasy creatures have a part in this mod... but some of us just don't like magic and fantasy creatures very much.

Heh to be honest, the closer to DF the mod is, the better. That's my opinion though. I thoroughly enjoy a touch of fantasy here and there. Especially if it's medieval in nature or theme. But back to the point: I'm all for having a pack mule or goat, maybe a llama to help me carry my junk so I can move to a new location. Like my own one-man-caravan (heh, that rhymes too). So maybe if this pack animal is going to work like having an inventory, you would probably need to hold an item out like reigns (not necessarily attached to the creature) that would work much in the way that you guide farm animals with wheat, so when you right click they have an inventory of say, a double chest? The reigns could even be placed like a torch entity/block and it would be like tying them up.

or you could craft an item like saddle baggs and other things so that you can place them on the animal of choise and then you can pile them up with bags and trunks, the more things you put on them the slowwer they move though and to guide them you simply attach a rope to them or something, like in simply horses. maybe if you make a cart that you can ride in, may take more then one horce or mule/donkey to pull. you can guide a hole caravan that way

No clue.

cuz 3e rock yer socks, while 4e is crap

cuz 3e rock yer socks, while 4e is crap

I expected a serious answer. :| You wound me.

I expected a serious answer. :| You wound me.

Sorry, but as a longtime player and DM, 4e kicks me right in my RPG balls. It says "Oh, you're a richly experienced player who writes his own source material and has run advanced character builds? Well that's nice... Now back to what I was saying, this here round-ish thing with the numbers is called a 'd-20'..."

It's just insulting...

Eh I was mostly a 2e DM and player, mostly DM though (and a difficult one at that heh).

this has gone way off topic. can we get back to the topic of mobs?

I had an idea for dragons and dragon lairs. Have a block called like a dragon gen block. Unobtainable. Can generate very rarely in igneous rock (intrusive?) when the world loads the dragon gen block disappears, hollows out a moderate sized area, and spawns a mother dragon + lair. The lair would have ingot piles/gem piles (like log piles mentioned on various other threads) with a semi random composition (mostly gold iron) and lava or fire around. Obviously the dragons are immune to fire/lava and can fly. The mother dragon would have the ability to hollow a cave. The mother dragon would expand from the treasure chamber to make a network of tunnels. Sometimes it would create a dragon egg (a block) the eggs would hatch into baby dragons, which would slowly grow into adult dragons. Only the mother can break blocks, but very VERY rarely, it can make another dragon gen block.

Mob stats:

Mother dragon: HP 200

Attack:5 damage normal melee plus can throw a blaze fireball that does 2 damage.

Immune to fire and fall damage.

Drops up to 2 dragon eggs and up to 10 dragon scales.

Adult dragon:

HP 100

Attacks:4 dmg melee 1 dmg fireball

Drops up to 5 dragon scales

Baby dragon:

HP 30

Dmg 3 melee

Drops 1-2 dragon scales.

The dragon eggs could be incubated by you to get a rideable dragon. The scales could be used for enchanting, or maybe magic armor.

I would like to see ents, dryads and green hags :)

Making harvesting wood much more dificult :P

Some ideas for small creatures, mainly to make the land seem more alive:

Small birds: flies about trees, catches the occasional insect, pecks at the ground. Can be killed for small amounts of meat.

Rodents: burrows into the ground, searches around in tall grass, and run from the player.

Squirrels: skitters around in large trees, collect nuts from under oak trees, buries nuts, run away from players and when on tree move to the side of the tree opposite the player when spotted.

Predatory birds: swoops at, kills, carries away and eat rodents, small birds, and fish. Can be tamed by right clicking on them with food, making the food damaged, allowing to be fed multiple times.

Crabs: scurries across beaches and ocean bottoms, keeps distance from player. Can be caught for crab.

Fish: splashes occasionally, swims away from movement. Can be caught with fishing pole.

All small mobs other than predatory birds are hunter by other larger mobs.