Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Deez

Big List of Mobs

171 posts in this topic

Did anyone say leeches? (Ctrl+F ...Nope)

Leeches! They would live in swamps and jungles, hiding in the low brush and water. Get near them and they'll jump on you, dealing continuous damage (to a limit) unless you open your inventory and click on your Steve.

If bug catching and stuff is ever implemented, they could be jarred and used medicinally.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Carp. Carp are known to dwarf fortress players as the agents of Evil and Destruction. If you make the horrible mistake of venturing into carp-water, you will quickly be dragged underwater and dig yourself a watery grave. Sounds like fun!

Which is precisely why no one mentioned carp.

And if you suggest undead carp, I will use you for charcoal.

Dunk here, programmer in charge of mobs.

Thats a big list you have there. The problem with minecraft is everything is kind of in your face. If I added all of those mobs, you'd see about 20 in every direction you looked. I am reworking the current mobs and adding a few of my own. I can tell you that the bear is complete and will appear in a future update and that deer are in the works.

Dunk here, programmer in charge of mobs.

Thats a big list you have there. The problem with minecraft is everything is kind of in your face. If I added all of those mobs, you'd see about 20 in every direction you looked. I am reworking the current mobs and adding a few of my own. I can tell you that the bear is complete and will appear in a future update and that deer are in the works.

Awesome dude, looking forward to more feedback on some of my suggestions. :P

This is for later when Bioxx starts to work on mobs, it's my list of suggested mobs and possibly some notes about them as well. Source is Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition (stfu) but modified a bit to better suit our needs. Feel free to suggest more or even just comment about where you think each mob should spawn, since I believe they should be in specific areas.

Rat

Lizard

Monkey

Goblin

Snake

Badger

Dwarf

Eagle

Elf

Gnome

Merfolk (water mob, neutral)

Orc

Camel

Ghoul (in this case I mean a zombie that can move fast)

Horse

Lizardfolk (water mob, evil)

Octopus

Shark

Ape

Bear

Boar (or just replace the skin for pigs to make them more wild looking)

Crocodile

Panther (evil jungle kitty, cause jungles are supposed to be dangerous right?)

Ogre (maybe leader of a goblin village like a mini boss)

Mummy (desert zombie)

Unicorns!

Elephant

Giant (mountain biomes)

Deer

I would also particularly like Dinosaurs and Dragons of all shapes and sizes but that can wait since there are a lot of them to consider adding.

Edit: I'm striking out the confirmed mobs.

no

no

no

no

no

no

???

maybe

no

no

no

no

no

no

hmm?

no

no

no

no

(obviously)

yes

no

maybe

no

no

no

maybe

maybe

almost done

I have said no to most of the fantasy creatures, but this isn't concrete. There just aren't any plans for them currently. The animals which I have said no to are probably not going to show up :/

Sounds good, werewolves though. There needs to be something that will screw you up.

I have a question... why must there be a (Tea-bagging, face raping, screwing) monster...? you seem to have quite the obsession to it XD Personnaly, i would like there to be something that needed armor and weaponry to kill. Most mobs can be killed by hand quite easily, i would like to see something that honest to goodness will kill you in seconds flat or be impervious to damage like fists and daggers.

I have a question... why must there be a (Tea-bagging, face raping, screwing) monster...? you seem to have quite the obsession to it XD Personnaly, i would like there to be something that needed armor and weaponry to kill. Most mobs can be killed by hand quite easily, i would like to see something that honest to goodness will kill you in seconds flat or be impervious to damage like fists and daggers.

Nononono lol... I just like that mob that you will run from until day or have certain death.

Nononono lol... I just like that mob that you will run from until day or have certain death.

Which is more or less what i said in the second part of my post? anyways, i think with the changes that the devs are making, any mob should be that terrifying, especially at night.

...Someone please just... post a list of natural mobs you want done, i'll make the actual Mob and Skin for it, all Dunkelosteus would have to do would be the code... seems easy?

Dunkelosteus, please +1 this if you'd like me to carry this out :P

Have fun

--blue

...Someone please just... post a list of natural mobs you want done, i'll make the actual Mob and Skin for it, all Dunkelosteus would have to do would be the code... seems easy?

Dunkelosteus, please +1 this if you'd like me to carry this out :P

Have fun

--blue

well... Have you seen the deer yet? I do mobs differently, and it's much easier to code when I design them myself (i have no control on how you do the limbs and such)

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I prefer to work.... alone[r]

well... Have you seen the deer yet? I do mobs differently, and it's much easier to code when I design them myself (i have no control on how you do the limbs and such)

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I prefer to work.... alone[r]

:( my orginating mod for the skill at which I gained has almost died... for the 8th time, so I am Bored as crappe, Also, Screen-Share software could help with the limbs.

But eh, if you like to work alone, then work alone, I won't judge ya :P.

Bumpelibump!

There's an ogre and a giant suggestion on that list, so let me throw in some words about what i had in mind.

Trolls! no! not internet trolls, not tolkien trolls, not hollywood trolls at all and DEFFINETLY not the kind of troll you might fight in your average fantasy rpg game.

I'm Swedish, so i've grown up on fairy tales about trolls. they're a big part of Scandinavion folklore. a lore that i think would be pretty darn interesting if successfully implemented in a game.

First off, let me illustrate what an actual troll would, and should look like if it was real

Posted Image

They're big, hairy, fat, have enormous noses and generally like oversized ugly people.

But yet the look fucking cool.

This is how a famous Swedish artist named John Bauer depicted trolls and that is what i'll always think of when i think troll. no matter how much abuse i take on the internet.

Now the size of them varies, most of them are however not smaller than this one right up there. they can however grow to gigantic proportions, so big that trees will start growing on them. that's a liiitle too big for minecraft i think though. i'd much rather see trolls like the one mentioned above.

So what the hell would a troll do? well according to folklore they're mischievous creatures that eats all naughty children. There are no children in minecraft though but trolls kinda like livestock too. So! what they'd do is sneak into your unguarded pen, granted no serious measures have been taking of keeping things out, grab a chicken, pig, cow whatever, and then sneak out into the woods again to dissapear with the animal. during this whole time being carried, the animal could let out pain noise to alert the player. now with the whole, taming wild animals into livestock i think that the troll should only kill livestock and not wild animals or you might end up with a lifeless plain, 'cept for some trolls.

many fairy tales about trolls have them live under a bridge, a rock, a log, a mountain (sometimes they even ARE the mountain) a whole bunch of stuff, always under things and there's a reason for it!

Trolls, if subjected to light, will turn into stone! so like the zombie and the skeleton, troll would be nocturnal and during daytime seek shelter under pretty much anything! so if you build yourself a bridge, you might end up with a troll under your bridge!

So if a troll turns into stone, it would leave behind some crudely chiseled creation that doesn't really have to be detailed but right there in the uncanny valley between just a rock and something that used to move! This is another piece of lore and probably where the whole idea of trolls came from. the woods of Sweden is litered by rocks and boulders, brought there during the melting of the ice age. Some rocks where said to be laying at all these strange locations because a troll threw it there. other boulders has some pretty strange shapes and with the imagination of humans living there right after the ice age. you get trolls!

as i was walking through a sequoia forests i stopped and thought to myself, this place needs trolls! so i switched over to creative and built a gigantic troll and it fitted right in!

I hope actual mob trolls would fit into TFC too!

Edited by GreenLeaf

Bioxx has stated a couple times, he is not out to remove fantasy, he's trying to make the world believable, which means he has to make a place for the fantasy to fit.

Bioxx has stated a couple times, he is not out to remove fantasy, he's trying to make the world believable, which means he has to make a place for the fantasy to fit.

Yeah i read about the crypts he intend to add. shortly after i made this thread so might do a little editing on my post there.

Well if he's looking for a place to put trolls i can happily say that as long as they turn to stone in sunlight they should automatically put themselves right where they belong. a troll under a bridge to me just sounds so nostalgic and wonderfull!

Yeah i read about the crypts he intend to add. shortly after i made this thread so might do a little editing on my post there.

Well if he's looking for a place to put trolls i can happily say that as long as they turn to stone in sunlight they should automatically put themselves right where they belong. a troll under a bridge to me just sounds so nostalgic and wonderfull!

Will it also try to tax everyone who passes and rebuild the bridge if broken?

Will it also try to tax everyone who passes and rebuild the bridge if broken?

i reckon it would rip your arm off.

Nah, i don't think they should be bartered with. someone suggested that if dragons where ever to be added, they should be intelligent and you could trade with them. but trolls should be the opposite of that.

They could however be distracted by, say, gems! that sounds like something that deffinetly could be possible! have a troll chasing you? throw out some gems and it'll go for those instead! ooooOOOoooo shiny stones!

not tolkien trolls

...But the trolls in the books had huge noses and ate small people (mistaking the hobbits for kids, I believe), as well as turning to stone at sun-up.

You're thinking of the cave-troll from Khazad-Dum, which was a different species, and was also dictated by Peter Jackson, not Tolkien

...But the trolls in the books had huge noses and ate small people (mistaking the hobbits for kids, I believe), as well as turning to stone at sun-up.

You're thinking of the cave-troll from Khazad-Dum, which was a different species, and was also dictated by Peter Jackson, not Tolkien

I, like so many others, have not read the books.

Peter Jackson trolls then.

these similar to the trolls from david the gnome?

Maybe when an animal is killed, it drops a carcass item that can be skinned, deboned, bled and all that fun stuff in little minigames. And when something gets hurt or bled, predators will go near there in search of food. Skinning gives well, skin that can be turned to leather or whatever (look up the numerous suggestions). Bleeding makes it so when the carcass is worked otherwise, little or no blood comes out and can be done w/ just a knife and carcass instead of the other ways needing to be done on a crafting table. Deboning gives bones that can be used as tools, sticks, even smashed for whatever. Well, thats my idea.

Maybe when an animal is killed, it drops a carcass item that can be skinned, deboned, bled and all that fun stuff in little minigames. And when something gets hurt or bled, predators will go near there in search of food. Skinning gives well, skin that can be turned to leather or whatever (look up the numerous suggestions). Bleeding makes it so when the carcass is worked otherwise, little or no blood comes out and can be done w/ just a knife and carcass instead of the other ways needing to be done on a crafting table. Deboning gives bones that can be used as tools, sticks, even smashed for whatever. Well, thats my idea.

Already suggested, but still liking the idea, and you added something new like the blood.