Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
pgelinas

[Solved][79.13] Unable to work Bloom/Refined Bloom

7 posts in this topic

Version #: 79.13

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): SSP and SMP

Suggested Name: Unable to work Bloom/Refined Bloom

Suggested Category: Severe

Description:

As per title: unable to work Raw Bloom to Refined Bloom and Refined Bloom to ingots on a bronze anvil. Was working before, we have a stash of Wrought Iron Ingots, but I think we made those on 79.12. I tried different combination, to no avail. I was able to do it ONCE (Raw Bloom to Refined) on a test world in creative after deleting the config files, but I'm unable to make more, even after deleting the config. See attached image: the two arrows are lined up properly with the correct anvil "recipe".

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes

If yes, which mods?

Shaders, NEI

If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? Yes

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report: No Crash

post-15671-0-83851700-1417981741_thumb.p

post-15671-0-62037500-1417981742_thumb.p

This sometimes happens to me as well. It was reported a good while back as well. The trick I use to fix is to throw it back in force when it should have completed. Let it warm a bit and then put back in anvil. Usually it completes it then. Others have suggested reselecting the plan, but that never worked for me.

Are you using the plan selector to select what you want to do each time you start a new bloom? Are you absolutely sure the bloom hasn't cooled down below working temperature? Have you tried breaking and replacing the anvil? Have you tried reheating the bloom, putting it back in the anvil, and reselecting the plan?

Are you using the plan selector to select what you want to do each time you start a new bloom?

Usually the plan is selected automatically each time so no I don't select the plan. I tested reselecting the plan, but it doesn't work.

Are you absolutely sure the bloom hasn't cooled down below working temperature?

Well, if I'm able to work the bloom to that point, it has to be above working temperature.

Have you tried breaking and replacing the anvil?

As noted in the description, brand new creative world with brand new anvil had the same behaviour as my usual game.

Have you tried reheating the bloom, putting it back in the anvil, and reselecting the plan?

We did try it several time because we weren't sure what was going on: it didn't work. However, in my test world I tried working a raw bloom, which didn't work either; it was yellow (can't remember stars) at that point. I put in back in the forge, then right on the anvil and then BOOM, Refined. Had to do the same thing for the refined bloom.

I tried it again for another bloom, still wouldn't work. I had to fiddle with the bloom: back and forth between the anvil and the forge, reselecting the plan, reworked the bloom which at one point worked. It was yellow too (wasn't sure of stars there either).

To make sure it wasn't temperature-related, I did a third and fourth test. Made sure the bloom was white before starting to work on it and it refined on first try: the refined was yellow white.

Fourth test, bloom was orange, worked first try.

Really, I have no idea what was wrong before, now I can't seem to reproduce the problem.... it might be the combination of the actions to refine the bloom? It's just a shot in the dark here...

So, although it seems my issue is (kinda) resolved, perhaps there should be a note somewhere that this CAN happen and what to do when it does. It still annoying, because I never had that on my B78 game which we were up to black steel...

Thanks for the help,

P.

Usually the plan is selected automatically each time so no I don't select the plan. I tested reselecting the plan, but it doesn't work.

This behavior isn't actually working as intended, and is likely what is causing your problem, which is why it has been removed for the next version of TFC. In order to make sure that stuff is worked on the anvil properly, you need to select the plan each time you put the item in the anvil.

Thank you for the precision, we will make sure to always select the plan from now on.

I've found that the bloom plan NEEDS to be selected, most of the other pre-selected plans are fine. I forget from time to time and hit the mark, then need do it again after selecting the plan, once selected it works every time.