Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Flamebooker

[Solved] "Exception Getting Block Type in World" Error and Crash

4 posts in this topic

Report from the most recent crash: http://pastebin.com/cE2H0bfa

Hello all.

I've been playing TFC for a while now. And I got excited about the new update. So I feel I should start by saying that's what I'm playing.

And I like to add a few other mods in there to really add to the overall experience, usually simple ones that have always worked for me in the past, such as Smart Movement and Ancient Warfare. And for a while I had just those, and everything was working fine.

Then my friend and I wanted to add a couple more mods into the mix, and while he was thinking up his usual over-the-top list, I went ahead and added Ars Magica 2 to my game, and configured the ore to spawn with the "TFCOres" config file. And I launched the game and went to my world, and everything was fine. Mods worked, no conflict.

My friend was joining, so I made a new world to host a LAN game, and my game crashed. I thought it was nothing, so I relaunched it and tried to open the world again, and it crashed with the same reason. So I just had him join my world, we explored a bit and then it crashed once again, and now I can't seem to even load that world without a crash. I looked around but I couldn't find a solution to the problem, so I felt it best to come here and see if there was someone who could shine a bit of light on it all.

I've played with Ars Magica added before, even getting the ore to spawn in the world without problem (besides a minor metadata problem causing veins of blue topaz blocks, but that was just user error). I double checked I had the right item ID's and metadata, and I just can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to try and help me figure this problem out, so I know what's causing it!

-Flamebooker

Welcome to the forums. This post has broken rule #4 of the support forum. As you this is your first post, I will not lock the thread, but please keep that in mind for any future posts that you make.

Could you please provide a copy of your custom TFCOres.cfg file? It appears that something in that is indeed what is causing the crash.

I'm sorry, I thought I had kept to the rules. My mistake. http://pastebin.com/db3JU0hSI should mention that when it was first crashing, the added ores' name was simply "ore" so I tried changing it to the name of the ore itself, to see if that would fix the problem.

It did not.

"blue topaz surface" {    I:"Horizontal Density"=40    I:"Maximum Height"=240    I:"Minimum Height"=128    I:"Vertical Density"=30    S:baseRocks <        metamorphic        igneous extrusive        sedimentary     >    S:oreID=585    I:oreMeta=2    S:oreName=blue topaz    I:rarity=35    S:size=small    S:type=veins}

"blue topaz" is not a valid oreName. You need to put whatever name you would use if you were to give yourself the block using the /give command. it is likely going to be called something like arsMagica:topaz or something along those lines.

Edit: this goes for all the other ores, including vinteum

As for the rule breaking, you didn't use the template that is provided on the official bug list.