Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MrNoZedd

A gun...

39 posts in this topic

I have had this idea knocking about in this weird head of mine for a long time, and I know a lot of people will instantly hate this topic because a lot of guns being in this mod would simply be over powered and out of the bubble of realism that Bioxx has made, but read first and then decide.

First of all yes a lot of gun mods are op to the point of ridiculous, but I think there is a way that can be balanced. One is that the gun cannot hold more than one shot, yes Im talking about a flintlock pistol like shown in a lot of film. What the films did not show a lot is the amount of time it actually takes to load one of those thing, its a while. Longer then it could take for someone to charge at you with a sword and hack at you for sure. Then there is the building of it, it will have to be very complicated, very with a need for many late metals and a lot of time and effort to make the components. I think that there should be no perfect gun either, the quality of the components that you use to make it, the quality like the items made from the anvils must be determined from how close to the mark you are, every part having their own damage values and the total of them will determine how good a gun you get and the better the more accurate and powerful but not more range! that is a no no as we do not want a person to snipe us from afar and take our things. Range must be limited to a short distance, very so there is no daught that you only have one shot a gun to kill. Maybe a optimal range of 10 blocks, from there it is too inaccurate and gravity too strong for it to either continue or hit your mark. There should be different guns for diffrent quality's to leave the damage bar open to show how far reloading it you are.

Now to talk damage, no matter what you wear some damage should be caused. But I think any metal armor of any kind should bring its damage down to 2-1 heart, without metal armor it should be 7-8 but this is talking of the best gun possible to make, that will take a lot of time, patience and materials trying to make perfect parts.

This also will make a use for lead as the ammunition for it, and the power shall be from our good friends the creepers!

Any thoughts to additions to this idea or just criticism or comments on something I have left out please tell.

There should be different guns for diffrent quality's to leave the damage bar open to show how far reloading it you are.

Have it so the player has to go through each step of the reload process. After firing put the now empty flintlock into the inventory crafting grid along with gunpowder/black powder and craft. Put that back into the grid with paper/cloth and craft. Place back into grid with the ammo and craft. Possibly craft again with another gunpowder/black powder. Have three/four stars after the name and after each reload step one gets dropped until it's loaded and there are no stars. That way the gun can have actual durability and will break after a very, very long time.

Have it so the player has to go through each step of the reload process. After firing put the now empty flintlock into the inventory crafting grid along with gunpowder/black powder and craft. Put that back into the grid with paper/cloth and craft. Place back into grid with the ammo and craft. Possibly craft again with another gunpowder/black powder. Have three/four stars after the name and after each reload step one gets dropped until it's loaded and there are no stars. That way the gun can have actual durability and will break after a very, very long time.

Thanks, I think that is a much better idea, Great way to make them break and need reloading. Thanks!

If it is implemented like this, I wouldn't mind having a flintlock put in.

I think it would be neat if the more gunpowder you loaded the more power you would have but loading to much would cause it to explode in your hand

you should indeed make it verry slow to reload, so it is somewhat like the musket they used long time ago, and then a bajonet on top :D

Yes but first Bioxx has to add sulphur plus saltpetre equals gunpowder.

foxley thats already implented sulhpur+saltpeter+charcoal=gunpowder

Oh.

Well...

I must say i forgotten charcoal.

Excuse my noobiness.

Hmm... guns...

It might be a little too advanced, but I do know what would definetly fit.

Chinese rockets anyone?

I just noticed this - there's a graphite ore?

How about this

6 saltpeter + 1 charcoal + 1 sulphur makes 4 gunpowder, as per my previous suggestion in another thread, but you can then add graphite to gunpowder to make black powder

I like the idea of a flintlock as an end-game sort of item, tho I still think we should focus more on start-game stuff atm

Flintlock muzzle-loaders completely fit within the technological chemistry and metallurgy constraints of TFC. If they were implemented to take as long to reload as the OP suggests, I'd totally support them in-game.

they would totally have to take long to reload. Gun's aren't a very big advantage till the later eras.

they would totally have to take long to reload. Gun's aren't a very big advantage till the later eras.

Devastatingly powerful if you hit something though. Just make sure you don't miss :P

So I assume the musketballs/bullets would be a new plan. They could only be made with lead and steel and you would get *4* per bar.

So I assume the musketballs/bullets would be a new plan. They could only be made with lead and steel and you would get *4* per bar.

[..] [..] [..] [..] [..]

[..] [..] [x] [..] [..]

[..] [x] [x] [x] [..] ==> Shot plan

[..] [..] [x] [..] [..]

[..] [..] [..] [..] [..]

And I love the idea for the metals. It would finally give lead a damn use

Edit:

One thing though, with bioxx imposing a 400 year limit, we wouldn't be able to use flintlock, which was done in the 1700s. The MATCHlock pistol, however, was a much less efficient version from the 1500s. It would require an extra step in reloading, as the match paper would have to be re-lit, and crafting it would be slightly more labor intensive. It would also not work in the rain.

Actually, I think a bullet mold would be the new plan. Once you had one of those, combine it with liquid lead and viola! New bullets.

Devastatingly powerful if you hit something though. Just make sure you don't miss :P

The early muskets were extremely inaccurate, actually.

The early muskets were extremely inaccurate, actually.

Not saying they weren't, just that you shouldn't miss, because you might not get a second shot :D

This isn't a half bad idea, in a world were phallic green creatures produce explosive it wouldn't be indefeasible that guns would be invented quite early, but it seems that it would be a whole lot easier to make a compatibility patch with Balkons Weapon mod then reinvent the wheel.

This isn't a half bad idea, in a world were phallic green creatures produce explosive it wouldn't be indefeasible that guns would be invented quite early, but it seems that it would be a whole lot easier to make a compatibility patch with Balkons Weapon mod then reinvent the wheel.

Compatibility patches with this mod are very headache-inducing since TFC removes almost literally every vanilla block and completely replaces them. Far easier to just add 1 extra craftable item.

And incidentally, balkons would break TFCs game balance over its knee.

A simple matchlock pistol will suffice.

Perhaps also a matchlock rifle, with much greater distance than the pistol but also much lower accuracy

Bioxx says no guns.

Bioxx says no guns.

welp, so much for that

/thread

Bioxx says no guns.

Posted Image

crossbows would look really bad because the stalks would go vertically, not horizontally.