Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bletch

[TFC 0.79.29] Udary Mod - Galena/Limonite Extraction, Ingame Alloy Calculator, Tucker Bag, Evaporator Pan & Drying Mat

169 posts in this topic

Kickinit233 - thank you for the suggestion. Do you find salt hard to find that you might need a process to create it? When playing TFC I always found it pointless using salt to extend the life of food as it did not really add much additional time.

After playing TFC from scratch again and finishing off all my other items/recipes (fixing some pet hates), I have started working on something to make transporting animals easier.

After this has been completed/abandoned, I may have a look at your suggestion and see what I can do. I must admit, I like the new dynamic that Udary suggested and this mod introduced.

would like an easier way to transport animals but it would have to be balanced to be further down the tech line right?

I have been playing TFC for 3 weeks now and I still can't find any rock salt, so yah salt is not easy to find.

it has always been hard to find because it it so specific. But, I really have better luck with the drying and smoking mechanics for meat preservation. Maybe down the road salt and the olive oil could be used as flavoring in food. but i digress :)

AAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M MELTING!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M MELTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DANGIT TEAGAN!!!!!! DON'T YOU KNOW THAT DOUBLE POSTS MELT PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?

*Melted Xenolith166 gets poured into human-shaped mold*

*mold cracks open, revealing Xenolith166*

So, yeah, that happened...

lol yes I know the flavoring suggestion has been made before.....reason I said "I digress"

You know, galena is actually a pretty important source of silver. Lead is just a byproduct of silver mining. Therefore, I suggest we do away with lead entirely. After all, it is useless.

Galena may have no uses in TFC however in other mods it has a function.  Additionally TFC addons could leverage lead as a metal, for example if someone wanted to make a TFC pipe mod. T1 could be lead based pipes since historically plumbum, the root word for plumbing in English, was used by the Romans extensively for waterworks projects.  

one word on the whole "lead is useless bit"...... Railcraft.

I have been playing TFC for 3 weeks now and I still can't find any rock salt, so yah salt is not easy to find.

kickinit233,

Just an update for you. I finished my animal transport addon a few days ago and have been working on a way for you to extract salt from saltwater. I have completed the addon and am just finishing off some testing, then I will release it for downloading.

I hope you like what I have done!

New version added with a new Evaporator Pan device.

This device allows the player to extract items from fluids via evaporation.

kickinit233,

Just an update for you. I finished my animal transport addon a few days ago and have been working on a way for you to extract salt from saltwater. I have completed the addon and am just finishing off some testing, then I will release it for downloading.

I hope you like what I have done!

ok I like that you are thinking outside the box with the Tucker Bag (I have been wanting backpacks for a while that aren't an exploit for TFC), but is it believable that you could carry a cow or a horse in a tucker bag by yourself? I mean even if you put it on your back would it be realistic? Have you considered weight with this addon?  I was hoping for a cage and cart transport of sorts but maybe that doesn't work with Minecraft very well. I don't know.

Edited by Teagan75

I like the idea of the bag for chickens and pheasants. For bigger animals all I wanted was a unbreakable rope. Or maybe a cage and cart system. even if I have to push it it would be preferable then what we have now.

The mod author has made so many contributions that is hard to criticize. I just have to agree that is not believable that we will go around with a cow in a bag.

Maybe a compromise would be a config option to choose what animals can be carried in the bag? This way people can choose for themselves what level of believably  they are comfortable with.

One way or another, thank you for this mod, you are adding to this community and your efforts are appreciated.

Edited by Djakuta

I like the idea of the bag for chickens and pheasants. For bigger animals all I wanted was a unbreakable rope. Or maybe a cage and cart system. even if I have to push it it would be preferable then what we have now.

The mod author has made so many contributions that is hard to criticize. I just have to agree that is not believable that we will go around with a cow in a bag.

Maybe a compromise would be a config option to choose what animals can be carried in the bag? This way people can choose for themselves what level of believably  they are comfortable with.

One way or another, thank you for this mod, you are adding to this community and your efforts are appreciated.

Yeah I agree, sorry, didn't mean to sound critical :) I do like what this mod has added

I will admit that the idea of picking up a cow or horse in a bag seems impossible and also to carry it by yourself. I did consider the whole weight and size thing, but then immediately thought of a few items that exist in TFC that are carried on your back that you would NEVER be able to carry by yourself namely - Full Barrels and Anvils. These are things I consider not believable to carry around.

The whole idea behind the tucker bag mod was to be able to transport one animal at a time from one location to another without interference from the environment (ravines, oceans, water, etc), unlike rope that allows you to transport multiple animals at once. Ropes though can be broken and your animals could die or run away due to the environment you are transporting them through.

I like the tucker bag, it has a few uses then is destroyed. It transports one animal at a time, which means multiple trips must be taken to get a few animals. I mainly wrote this mod to gather sheep as every world I seem to play sheep are rarer than hen's teeth.

I did consider a metal cage instead, but that would also be impossible to carry in real life with larger animals. The cart system is also another good option, but unless you have tracks all throughout the country side, how would you get the animal back?

I am currently reviewing the design of the tucker bag addon. I do like the option of turning on/off the animals that can be captured by the bag. Also I am implementing a stronger version of the bag that will capture the larger animals and the original bag will only capture the smaller animals. The stronger version of the bag will require additional materials to strengthen it.

All the addons except the Evaporation Pan have been created in response to either myself or my friends that play on a server together. The evaporation pan was created because of a post in this thread about adding evaporation functionality to the anodising vessel to extract salt from saltwater. The addons I have created allow us as players to keep progressing through the game without any bottlenecks, like finding rock salt, Garnerite (nickel), Silver. It also introduces a new way of doing things into TFC other than mining and farming.

Your comments are welcome, happy people are using the mod  :D

The addons I have created allow us as players to keep progressing through the game without any bottlenecks, like finding rock salt, Garnerite (nickel), Silver. It also introduces a new way of doing things into TFC other than mining and farming.

Just a note here, rock salt isn't actually a bottleneck for game progression. We intentionally added all the other food preservation methods so players don't ever have to find rock salt.

I support the evaporation pan, as the lack of salt is something that everyone complains about. Sea salt, is pretty common IRL. I can't use the evaporation pan where my base is, as it doesn't get hot enough. So it doesn't and won't work for everyone. It's just another option.

I'm surprised you didn't have more of an issue with the animal pack. This seems to be a bigger "exploit" than a mechanism of getting salt, which as you say, is optional.

Bottlenecks are fine, if they just slow progress rather than halt it.

I did not take it that she was expressing a negative opinion of the salt pan, or any opinion at all. She was simply correcting the incorrect information that salt is s bottleneck in progression.

Just a note here, rock salt isn't actually a bottleneck for game progression. We intentionally added all the other food preservation methods so players don't ever have to find rock salt.

Kitty you're just salty (no pun intended :P) that someone made it so you could get salt from salt water :P. Boy those debates were priceless xD

I did not take it that she was expressing a negative opinion of the salt pan, or any opinion at all. She was simply correcting the incorrect information that salt is s bottleneck in progression.

Exactly this. You guys read way too far into every single post that I make and put these huge assumptions that there's an attitude behind them. Can I seriously not correct a misconception without all of you jumping on my back?

I'm not "salty." I don't care that this addon adds salt from salt water. I was simply pointing out that salt isn't actually a bottleneck for anything.

No need to be dicks every time I try to make a comment on something.

Edit: Just to make it clear here, I am a bit angry now because you are twisting my words, and Udary has done so before in the past on other topics. Continue to do so and you will get a warning point and eventually banned from this forum.

Edited by Kittychanley

I will admit that the idea of picking up a cow or horse in a bag seems impossible and also to carry it by yourself. I did consider the whole weight and size thing, but then immediately thought of a few items that exist in TFC that are carried on your back that you would NEVER be able to carry by yourself namely - Full Barrels and Anvils. These are things I consider not believable to carry around.

I like the tucker bag, it has a few uses then is destroyed. It transports one animal at a time, which means multiple trips must be taken to get a few animals. I mainly wrote this mod to gather sheep as every world I seem to play sheep are rarer than hen's teeth.

I did consider a metal cage instead, but that would also be impossible to carry in real life with larger animals. The cart system is also another good option, but unless you have tracks all throughout the country side, how would you get the animal back?

I agree anvils and full barrels would never be able to be transported on your back. I haven't actually updated your mod to use the tucker bag. A few uses and then is destroyed is at least a step toward balance. I wasn't thinking of rail carts all over the place but a push cart, but that is probably just as unrealistic as the tucker bag and full barrels on the back. I was just making a comment and it in no way stops me from using your addon at all :) I have used and continue to use the golden lasso from the Extra Utilities mod so I actually have no issues with this at all :)

I support the evaporation pan, as the lack of salt is something that everyone complains about. Sea salt, is pretty common IRL. I can't use the evaporation pan where my base is, as it doesn't get hot enough. So it doesn't and won't work for everyone. It's just another option.

I'm surprised you didn't have more of an issue with the animal pack. This seems to be a bigger "exploit" than a mechanism of getting salt, which as you say, is optional.

Bottlenecks are fine, if they just slow progress rather than halt it.

I think the main difference here is that as this is a addon it is totally in the server admin power to install it or not. So it is not and exploit. Or is as much an exploit as going into creative or flying  or teleportinng.

As long as the server owner or admin has the power to decide if something that he/she considers an exploit is not used in the server I am totally in favor.

An exploit is an unintended consequence and something out of the control of the server admin.

The whole issue we had with the anvil recipes, would not exist if it had a mechanism that allowed the server to reject anyone using the exploit.

I can't speak for the devs, but I believe if someone makes an addon that transforms dirt into red still ingots, they will not object to it, since no one is forced to use it and a player cannot use it unless is installed in the server.

As this mod stands I like it and if the mod author adds more config options I will add it to my server.

Peace and Love, I am just thankful to everyone who contributes to this mod, it has been more than one year since I last played Vanilla. 

Just to be clear, I was referencing the community when it comes to salt being a bottleneck, not Kitty. I even reiterated her point that it is optional! WTF?

New version released (0.2.20) with a tucker bag addon update.

See the first post for more details.

Edited by Bletch

New version released (0.2.21) with a new drying mat. I hope you like it - enjoy.

The idea behind this addon was this forum post.

NOTE: I have separated out the alloy calculator into it's own config option.

Edited by Bletch

New version released (0.2.22) with some bug fixes introduced in the last version and some new WAILA information.

As always, enjoy.

We added the mod to our server. Also I created a page where players can download your mod individually, If there is anything you like to change there, just let me know.

I am having some issues with the tucker bag:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// There are four lights!

Time: 6/6/15 3:10 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/multiplayer/WorldClient
at udary.tfcudarymod.items.tools.ItemTuckerBag.func_77659_a(ItemTuckerBag.java:249)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77957_a(ItemStack.java:167)
at net.minecraft.server.management.ItemInWorldManager.func_73085_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:378)
at net.minecraft.server.management.ItemInWorldManager.func_73078_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:507)
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147346_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:875)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:60)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:244)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:173)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:980)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:423)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:798)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:658)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
... 14 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class bjf for invalid side SERVER
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.SideTransformer.transform(SideTransformer.java:51)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:279)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:176)
... 16 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 3.14.32-xxxx-grs-ipv6-64
Java Version: 1.7.0_75, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 3205960792 bytes (3057 MB) / 3883925504 bytes (3704 MB) up to 3883925504 bytes (3704 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.88.1307 git-Cauldron-MCPC-Plus-1.7.10-1.1307.06.218 (MC: 1.7.10) (API v1.7.10-R0.1-SNAPSHOT) Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1307 25 mods loaded, 25 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML{7.10.88.1307} [Forge Mod Loader] (cauldron-1.7.10.1307.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge{10.13.2.1307} [Minecraft Forge] (cauldron-1.7.10.1307.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
tfc_coremod{0.79.18} [TFC[coremod]] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
MobiusCore{1.2.3} [MobiusCore] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
cuchaz.ships.core{1.7.10-1.0.2} [ships Mod Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
terrafirmacraft{0.79.18} [TerraFirmaCraft] ([1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.18.673.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
DecorationsTFC{1.0.18} [Decorations] ([1.7.10]Decorations-1.0.18.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
lwstfc{3.5.B79} [Leather Water Sac] ([1.7.10]LeatherWaterSac-3.5.B79.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
MerchantsTFC{1.0.30} [Merchants] ([1.7.10]Merchants-1.0.30.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
tfcudarymod{0.2.21} [TFC Udary Mod] ([1.7.10]TFCUdaryMod-0.2.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
BiblioCraft{1.10.4} [biblioCraft] (BiblioCraft[v1.10.4][MC1.7.10].jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
BiblioWoodsTFC{1.1} [biblioWoodsTFC] (BiblioWoods[TerraFirmaCraftV0.79.18][v1.1].jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
CarpentersBlocks{3.3.4.2} [Carpenter's Blocks] (Carpenters Blocks v3.3.4.2 .jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
CraftHeraldry{1.1.3} [CraftHeraldry] (CraftHeraldry 1.1.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
customnpcs{1.7.10c} [CustomNpcs] (CustomNPCs_1.7.10c.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Dynmap{2.1-alpha-1-66} [Dynmap] (Dynmap-HEAD-forge-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
farseek{1.0.5} [Farseek] (Farseek-1.0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
HardcoreQuesting{The Journey (4.2.3)} [Hardcore Questing Mode] (HQM-The Journey (4.2.3).jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
MineTweaker3{3.0.9B} [MineTweaker 3] (MineTweaker3-1.7.10-3.0.9C.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
MapWriter{2.1.1} [MapWriter] (Opis-1.2.3_1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Opis{1.2.3} [Opis] (Opis-1.2.3_1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
cuchaz.cuchazinteractive{1.7.10-1.0} [Cuchaz Interactive] (shipsMod-v1.7.10-1.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
cuchaz.ships{1.7.10-1.0.2} [ships Mod] (shipsMod-v1.7.10-1.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
streams{0.1.4} [streams] (Streams-0.1.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 1 / 60; [EntityPlayerMP['bearrage'/15, l='DarkAge', x=-3170.13, y=150.00, z=-6555.89](bearrage at -3170.1274466634213,150.0,-6555.890963510551)]
Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'cauldron,craftbukkit,mcpc,fml,forge'
Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

As you can see the server is heavily mod, in addition to the fact that is a Cauldron Server.

The config is default.