Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bletch

[TFC 0.79.29] Udary Mod - Galena/Limonite Extraction, Ingame Alloy Calculator, Tucker Bag, Evaporator Pan & Drying Mat

169 posts in this topic

We added the mod to our server. Also I created a page where players can download your mod individually, If there is anything you like to change there, just let me know.

I am having some issues with the tucker bag:

As you can see the server is heavily mod, in addition to the fact that is a Cauldron Server.

The config is default.

I have fixed the issue you are experiencing in 0.2.22. But when I installed your mod pack and changed the config file to turn off the Limonite and Galena extraction, another bug was raised with the Sulfuric and Nitric acid, which I fixed in 0.2.23.

If you update to 0.2.23 the problems with my mod should go away.

it's working now.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate.

New version released (0.2.24) with some bug fixes and some WAILA cleanup.

As always, enjoy.

New version released (0.2.25) that is compatible with TFC 0.79.20 and Forge 10.13.4.1448.

Note: The new version is not compatible with TFC 0.79.19 or earlier.

As always, enjoy.

Hello Bletch. I just wanted to report a little bug I found using your addon. The alloy calculator often "eats" an ore if I add it to an already placed ore, like I have 3 copper nuggets and I add one with right click and the copper nuggets are still 3. Even after destroying the block you only retrieve 3 nuggets. I only tested this with copper nuggets indeed because it happened in survival and I didn't really want to lose count of the other ores too. 

This bug apart, wonderful mod, as always I imagine :)

EDIT: Actually, now that I tried it, it also happens with left click.

Edited by LordOfWolves

Thanks for the information. I will have a look and see if I can fix it.

Questions

1. When you add the last piece of ore, the one that gets eaten, are you using the gui interface to add it?

2. Does it always get eaten or is it only sometimes?

Yes I am using the gui interface.

Only sometimes. It can also happen that it adds properly without getting eaten.

Don't have a proper log right now. We are having an issue when players kidding around with the tucker bag try to tuck another player it crashes the server. I will pay attention next time it happens to get the crash report, but it should be easily reproduced. As an IT manager I know very well how hard it is to make any system fool proof.

Once again Thanks for this amazing mod.

How do you release mobs from the tucker bag? I wrangled up a pig, threw it over my shoulder and brought it back to the farm, but can't seem to release it.

How do you release mobs from the tucker bag? I wrangled up a pig, threw it over my shoulder and brought it back to the farm, but can't seem to release it.

Capturing and releasing animals are both done using the right click. Releasing can be a little tricky, best way to release is to walk to the position you want to release, look upwards (so not straight ahead) and then right click when the bag is in your hand. It takes a little practise but I do a check if there is something in the way of you and about 1m in front, in your viewing direction, then the release fails. That is why if you look up a little you should be good to release. Remember to release the tucker bag must be equipped in your hand.

Capturing and releasing animals are both done using the right click. Releasing can be a little tricky, best way to release is to walk to the position you want to release, look upwards (so not straight ahead) and then right click when the bag is in your hand.It takes a little practise but I do a check if there is something in the way of you and about 1m in front, in your viewing direction, then the release fails. That is why if you look up a little you should be good to release.Remember to release the tucker bag must be equipped in your hand.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Is there any config option to allow for the tucker bag to pick-up wolves/dogs?

No there is not. The wolves are able to be tamed and follow you so I did not bother. The tucker bag has the ability to be added to, to allow other EntityAnimal classes to be registered. I do not allow non passive animals to be picked up though, like skeleton and creepers etc.

Now this is a great addon. NOW I CAN HAVE CHICKENS WITHOUT LEADING THEM THROUGH OCEANS. *ahem*

But I would like to make a suggestion to the drying mat. Did you consider adding drying for vegetables? Because that is a common practice to have summer vegetables in the winter times. At least in Mediterranean countries(I don't know about rest of the world.). Tomatoes, peppers, beans, hell even squash. I know there is pickling for that, but maybe if you make it so that it decreases the food value and the weight of the vegetable (which is technically true). As well as taste.

And here are few photos:

http://sportspressnw.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Chilis-at-the-market-093-sm.jpg

https://thenomadickitchen.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/img_1392-copy.jpg

http://birdlink.org/sites/birdlink.org/files/pictures/jean/2011/DSCF2428.JPG

Hello Bletch. I just wanted to report a little bug I found using your addon. The alloy calculator often "eats" an ore if I add it to an already placed ore, like I have 3 copper nuggets and I add one with right click and the copper nuggets are still 3. 

I'm seeing the same thing pretty frequently (eg. mess around moving stuff in and out for less than a minute), but I also haven't reliably seen exactly what I've done that caused it. Things that might affect it: holding shift; dragging while adding the ores. It's a pretty nasty bug early on when you're desperately trying to make bronze with the tiny bit of some component you've found then end up losing some of it.

Edit: Just tested with a pile of junk tin ore - no shift-clicking just dragging out the stack and repacking it into one stack in the GUI. A stack of 16 was reduced to 1 within about 1 minute of moving it around. Ouch.

Edited by Waz

Hello, I have the game going next crash

http://pastebin.com/8sZVe198

Forge{10.13.4.1448}

tfc_coremod{0.79.22}

tfcudarymod{0.2.25}

Waila{1.5.10}

Morok,

I have found the code in question and there is no null check, have added one to the code and a few other places where the FloraManager is called. Stupid mistake, should have added the check in the first place. I am currently trying to get the 21 & 22 setup in my dev environment in order to test the changes, and also figure out why the problem occurred in the first place.

Should not be to long now.

Thanks for the bug report too.

I'm seeing the same thing pretty frequently (eg. mess around moving stuff in and out for less than a minute), but I also haven't reliably seen exactly what I've done that caused it. Things that might affect it: holding shift; dragging while adding the ores. It's a pretty nasty bug early on when you're desperately trying to make bronze with the tiny bit of some component you've found then end up losing some of it.

Edit: Just tested with a pile of junk tin ore - no shift-clicking just dragging out the stack and repacking it into one stack in the GUI. A stack of 16 was reduced to 1 within about 1 minute of moving it around. Ouch.

Waz,

Thanks for the information, just setting up my dev environment with 21 & 22 to test your findings. It appears as though my merge stacks function might be flakey  :(

Hopefully should not take long to fix.

New version released (0.2.26) that is compatible with TFC 0.79.22.

Note: The new version is not compatible with TFC 0.79.21 or earlier.

As always, enjoy.

Hello Bletch. I just wanted to report a little bug I found using your addon. The alloy calculator often "eats" an ore if I add it to an already placed ore, like I have 3 copper nuggets and I add one with right click and the copper nuggets are still 3. Even after destroying the block you only retrieve 3 nuggets. I only tested this with copper nuggets indeed because it happened in survival and I didn't really want to lose count of the other ores too. 

This bug apart, wonderful mod, as always I imagine  :)

EDIT: Actually, now that I tried it, it also happens with left click.

LordOfWolves, I believe I have found the problem with the alloy calculator eating your ore. I have fixed it in the new version (0.2.26). Can you please do some checking for me to confirm. Thanks.

Don't have a proper log right now. We are having an issue when players kidding around with the tucker bag try to tuck another player it crashes the server. I will pay attention next time it happens to get the crash report, but it should be easily reproduced. As an IT manager I know very well how hard it is to make any system fool proof.

Once again Thanks for this amazing mod.

TonyLiberatto, I have added some extra checks, in the new version (0.2.26), around the tucker bag to try and prevent players from capturing other players. Thanks

Red3Tango, after a little thought I decided that there should not be any reason why the tucker bag should not be able to pickup Bears, Deer, Pheasants and Wolves. So in the new version (0.2.26) I have added them along with a config option for each to turn them on/off. I default the new four animals to OFF. Just change in your config file. Thanks

Now this is a great addon. NOW I CAN HAVE CHICKENS WITHOUT LEADING THEM THROUGH OCEANS. *ahem*

But I would like to make a suggestion to the drying mat. Did you consider adding drying for vegetables? Because that is a common practice to have summer vegetables in the winter times. At least in Mediterranean countries(I don't know about rest of the world.). Tomatoes, peppers, beans, hell even squash. I know there is pickling for that, but maybe if you make it so that it decreases the food value and the weight of the vegetable (which is technically true). As well as taste.

And here are few photos:

http://sportspressnw.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Chilis-at-the-market-093-sm.jpg

https://thenomadickitchen.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/img_1392-copy.jpg

http://birdlink.org/sites/birdlink.org/files/pictures/jean/2011/DSCF2428.JPG

CheeseAlmighty, your suggestion and images seemed perfectly logical. I did not include them initially as it was not a requirement of the person that made the suggestion. But I have added ALL vegetable to the drying mat along with the existing fruits in the new version (0.2.26). They work the same way as the fruit, once dried they reduce in size by half. The only item not included is the Soy Bean, as in TFC it is defined as protein, not vegetable. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hello, I have the game going next crash

http://pastebin.com/8sZVe198

Forge{10.13.4.1448}

tfc_coremod{0.79.22}

tfcudarymod{0.2.25}

Waila{1.5.10}

Morok, your issue should now be fixed in the new version (0.2.26). Can you please do some checking for me to confirm. Thanks

Waz, I have made some changes to the alloy calculator in an attempt to fix the bug were you loss the items. Was able to reproduce the bug initially and with the new version (0.2.26) I am unable to reproduce it. Can you please do some checking for me to confirm. Thanks.

Edited by Bletch

With a bit of random click and shift-clicking I still get disappearing stacks, but in all cases so far closing and reopening the GUI fixes it. Sometimes in very weird ways though - I'm certain it pulled stuff back out of my inventory in many cases.

Edit: yes, quite frequently I'll take stuff out of the alloy calculator, but before I can put it into a vessel it's disappeared from my inventory and it's back in the calculator GUI. Something is still very wrong.

This happens quite quickly so it should be easy to reproduce.

Edited by Waz

Thanks for confirming Waz. I will need to have a good think about what is happening and why it is not working.

Question - did you have the problem move ore around inside the calc Gui or transferring them to and from the gui and your inventory?

Question 2 - are you playing single player or dedicated server?

Again thanks

Edited by Bletch

LordOfWolves, I believe I have found the problem with the alloy calculator eating your ore. I have fixed it in the new version (0.2.26). Can you please do some checking for me to confirm. Thanks.

Hello Bletch, sorry I've been rather inactive lately, but now I think I'll get back to TFC a bit. I'll let you know if something similar happens again.

New version released (0.2.27) that is compatible with TFC 0.79.23.

Note: The new version is not compatible with TFC 0.79.22 or earlier.

As always, enjoy.

New version released (0.2.27) that is compatible with TFC 0.79.23.

Note: The new version is not compatible with TFC 0.79.22 or earlier.

As always, enjoy.

Hello,

Should it work with 0.79.24 version?

I have the following error at starting TFC:

http://pastebin.ca/3163085

Best regards