Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vagabond

Divisor's Smart Moving

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

Basically, I have no modding skills, but thought that someone else might have the skill and interest to speak with the author about doing and maintaining a port of this mod.

Cheers,

Michael

What does this have to do with TFC? The two mods already work together with the only issue being barrel/anvil/quiver renders on the player's back, which Dunk has already tweeted he's found a fix for.

Kittychanley,

I apologise, It must have been an installation error on my part. The tone of your post sounds much like a reprimand for a simple request. I could have read it wrong, but if not, it's not appreciated (for what it is worth).

As far as I could tell, it wasn't allowing me to perform certain actions against certain TFC blocks. Again, it must have been an installation error on my part if it does indeed work.

The post can be deleted as clutter if you so wish.

With Regret,

Michael

The wording of your original post sounded like you were asking for somebody to take over writing Smart Moving. There was no mention of TFC or a crossover between the two other than the word "port." If this was an accurate interpretation of your words, the post had no reason to be on these forums, as it had nothing to do with TFC. I apologize if you find my more formal approach to these forums as harsh.

If you are having trouble with a mod and using it with TFC, it would help if you actually listed what said troubles were, so that way other forum members can let you know if they are experiencing it as well, or if it is just an issue on your end. Without any explanation, your post simply comes across as "It's broke. Fix it." with no further information.

I think he's talking about how you can't do certain actions that you should be able to do, such as crawling through a 1-tall area(For some reason, if you try to crawl under any TFC block, you get stuck and sorta jitter around, unable to move until you stop crawling)

That should only happen if the server you are playing on doesn't also have Smart Moving installed, and is the intended behavior of Smart Moving to prevent players from cheating.

That should only happen if the server you are playing on doesn't also have Smart Moving installed, and is the intended behavior of Smart Moving to prevent players from cheating.

I confirm this. If your server does not have SM installed the crawling will render on your side but your character will not be able to move through 1x1 holes. When SM is installed correctly you can even crawl horizontally though 7x7 micro-block holes and fall vertically through 6x6 Micro-block holes in chiseled blocks. (given that 1Block=8 micro-blocks) I once made a map testing all of the capabilities of SM. SM is a really fun mod and I enjoy/ would recommend it for use with TFC to make movement more believable.

Hello,

Basically, I have no modding skills, but thought that someone else might have the skill and interest to speak with the author about doing and maintaining a port of this mod.

Cheers,

Michael

I also thought that you were asking for someone to take over some sort of support for SM. If there is an issue please state it (as mentioned) so we can give you help. That's what the community is for, to help each other out.

Kittychanley,

I apologise, It must have been an installation error on my part. The tone of your post sounds much like a reprimand for a simple request. I could have read it wrong, but if not, it's not appreciated (for what it is worth).

As far as I could tell, it wasn't allowing me to perform certain actions against certain TFC blocks. Again, it must have been an installation error on my part if it does indeed work.

The post can be deleted as clutter if you so wish.

With Regret,

Michael

Honey, don't worry about not having any programing experience. If there is a legitimate problem/issue with a mod that is not simple user error don't hesitate to mention it to the mod author/maintainer. If the comment is worded in a respectful manner and the author/maintainer is a humble person there should be no issue with you pointing out that it does not work as intentioned, regardless of your lack of programming experience.

To Illustrate:

If a person goes to a mechanic to get their vehicle repaired and when they come to pick it up and the car will not start he should say to the Mechanic, "Excuse me, I just came to pick up my car that has been repaired and it will not start.". In that case the Mechanic should not respond, "What are you talking about? I am not stupid! I am the experienced mechanic, not you!". Rather the mechanic should respond calmly and, remembering that he is human and fallible, check to see what the problem is. When the problem has been isolated and remedied  the Mechanic should say something like "I'm sorry, a wire was not connected correctly. I have fixed the problem. Now your car should start. Thank you for telling me." The experience or lack of experience on the part of the vehicle owner does not factor into the situation.

I understand that the reason for your wording may have been because you thought that you did not err when installing SM. Please remember that we are all human and may make mistakes. If there is an issue please state what is not working so that it can be solved.

1. If it is user error we can help you so your game works better for you and it may help others who experience a similar issue.

2. If it is NOT user error then it can be relayed to the people who can fix the issue. This helps everyone.

So either way it is best if you just tell us what the problem you are experiencing is. I assume from the content of your previous posts that you are a humble and kind person who will relieve this reply in a positive and gracious way.

Sorry to resurrect a fairly old thread, but is there a fix for the Barrels and quivers and such? Visual oddities aren't a HUGE deal but it would definitely help with immersion if the saltwater barrel I was carrying wasn't hovering somewhere in my chest cavity, haha. Smart Moving has a system in place to try and help with rendering compatibility, but it didn't seem to work in this case.

No. Fixing this issue was designated to Dunk, and he's been who knows where for at least 6 months now.