Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

5 posts in this topic

Personally i love the 'spear fishing' mechanic It's really neat and i haven't seen it before. But I think fishing as a hole could be redone Heres some ideas ...

Bait:

The idea behind this is that there are different leveled baits and the better the level the better chance of a decent catch.

To catch level 1 Bait you will need a net (See below)

Worms : Lv1 - Appear on grass when it rains. 

Magots : Lv1 -Appear When food decays in a vessel or chest.

Flys : Lv1 - Appear When food decays in a vessel or chest.

To catch level 2 bait you will need a glass bottle and right click on them 

Grass hoppers : Lv2 - Find in grass (...)

Rag Worms : Lv2 - Find on beaches 

To catch Level 3 Bait you will need a poking stick and a Bucket filled with salt water (see below)

Hermit crabs : Lv3 - Find in shallow Salt water. 

Rods:

The idea behind this is that as you progress through the ages you can have better tools to use for fishing with different effectiveness.

copper rod : Lvl 1 - 30% (effectiveness) - Lvl 1 Bait

bronze rod : Lvl 1 - 35%                         - ''

biz bronze rod:Lvl 1 - 40%                     -''

Iron rod : Lvl 2 -60%                 - Lvl 2 Bait and above

Steel rod : Lvl 3 -70%       -lvl 3 Bait and above

Blue Steel rod : 75%        - ''

Red Steel rod : 80%     - ''

Items:

rod cast - clayforming

net - string and sticks ? 

poking stick -stick and knife

Mechanics:

different sized fish depending on bait and how effective the rod is.

(Possibly fish breeding But that a bit advanced)

Interesting idea, though I think it should be a separate mod, if it is ever to be done. This would add alot of item clutter with little in return.

Corpse is right, but i think it could be cool too to have like diferent tiers of fishing nets and traps, one for like afk SLOW PRODUCTION fish traps, and portable fishing nets to cath fish alive and put it in water buckets (at least iron) to move em arround, and make them breedable with seaweeds

Why fish breeding. I understand that aquaculture existed in the time period TFC is influenced by, but it developed in inland areas. In RL I don't believe it was a common or large scale operation amoungst the general population. And well in a TFC world you aren't really far from water anyways. Just not sure there is great value adding such a feature over others. I'd rather see sometching like apiculture introduced first.

Why fish breeding. I understand that aquaculture existed in the time period TFC is influenced by, but it developed in inland areas. In RL I don't believe it was a common or large scale operation amoungst the general population. And well in a TFC world you aren't really far from water anyways. Just not sure there is great value adding such a feature over others. I'd rather see sometching like apiculture introduced first.

I wasn't really sure on it myself thats why it was in brackets just a idea