Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aleksey_t

[TFC 0.79.23+] Decorations Addon for TFC

107 posts in this topic

This addon adds new decorations blocks and recipes for TFC (lanterns, gem blocks and etc).

Screenshot:

Posted Image

Following features have been implemented:

1) Lanterns.

There are 12 different lanterns which could be made from 1 - 3 tier's metals and alloys.

Lanterns made from 3 tier metal have greater light level, all other characteristics are the same.

Sneak + Right Click with empty hand on lantern - allows to turn on/off light.

Lantern's light level could be edited in config file.

2) Gem Blocks.

It is allowed to attach gem to any solid side of the block (right click with gem on the block)

If block (to which gem is attached) is destroyed - then gem will drop.

Attached gem is serves as light source with following light levels:

- Exquisite: 15

- Flawless: 14

- Normal: 13

- Flawed: 12

- Chipped: 11

Gem's light level could be edited in config file.

3) Gypsum Mortar and Alabaster Blocks (based on idea from Uses for Gypsum/Uses for gems/Sculpting expansion)

It is possible to craft Gypsum Powder from Gypsum.

Gypsum Powder could be used to create Gypsum Plaster (Plaster of Paris) which could be used either for creation Mortar or Alabaster Block.

Alabaster block:

- could be painted

- could be chiseled

- cannot be used to cover charcoal pit

4) Mud Bricks

These blocks are alternative to stone bricks and could be crafted before metal era.

Color of Mud Bricks Block is depends on material it made.

Mud Bricks Block:

- could be chiseled

- cannot be used to cover charcoal pit

Compatibility with Lanterns addon:

If Lanterns addon is used then lanterns in Decorations mod are disabled.

This is useful if you have generated world which has blocks and items from Lanterns addon.

Recipes:

Lantern Core (material for lantern): could be made on the anvil from sheet of any 1-3 tier's metal.

Lantern Core Filled: could be made by filling Lantern Core in the barrel by any alcohol (2000 mB of alcohol is required)

Lantern:

- 2 sticks

- 2 wool yarns

- 4 glass panels

- 1 lantern core filled

Posted Image

Gypsum Powder:

- hammer

- gypsum

Gypsum Plaster:

- barrel filled by fresh water

- gypsum powder (1 chunk per 500 mB of fresh water)

Alabaster:

- barrel filled by gypsum plaster

- gypsum powder (1 chunk per 50 mB of gypsum plaster)

Mortar:

- barrel filled by gypsum plaster

- sand

Brush

- wool

- rope

- stick

Liquid Dye

- barrel filled by fresh water

- any dye item (1 item per 400 mB of fresh water)

Posted Image

Mud Brick (Wet)

- dirt or sand

- clay

- straw

Mud Bricks Block

- 4 x Mud Brick (Dry)

Posted Image

How to paint Alabaster Block

1. Craft Brush using wool, rope and stick

2. Make Liquid Dye in the barrel using fresh water and required dye

3. Fill Brush by Liquid Dye from the barrel (capacity of Brush is 1000 mB)

4. Put Alabaster on the ground

5. Make Brush as active and right click to Alabaster Block (one paint is using 200 mB of dye)

How to create Mud Bricks Block

1. Craft Mud Brick (Wet) using sand or dirt, clay and straw

2. Make Mud Brick (Wet) as active and right click on the ground - it will start to dry.

It should be placed under the sky and no blocks above should be.

Mud Brick (Wet) is drying only when there are no rain and snow.

Total dry time is 12 hours.

3. Collect dried Mud Brick (Dry)

4. Craft 4 x Mud Bricks Blocks using 4 x Mud Brick (Dry)

Download:

Decorations-1.0.20

Old versions:

Decorations-1.0.19

Decorations-1.0.18

Texture Pack:

Nyssa's Touch of Realism

Changes:

- Updated to support TFC 0.79.23

Bug fixes:

- Fixed rendering issue - lantern and raw mud brick are invisible when placed at y=144 and chunk haven't solid blocks above 144

Bug fixes:

- Fix anvil recipes to support TFC 0.79.18

- Updated to support TFC 0.79.17

- Lead now is working as Tier 1 metal (the same as copper)

New features:

- Added option to the config file that allows to disable placeable gems

New features:

- Added support for Taiwan Chinese language (zh-TW)

Bug fixes:

- Fixed: texture of gems is broken when switching to other resource pack without MC restarting

New features:

- Added Liquid Dyes and Brush

- Added possibility to paint Alabaster block

- Added Mud Bricks

Sources:

Sources on GitHub

Feel free to include this addon to your modpack.

Other my addons:

Merchants Addon for TFC

Edited by aleksey_t

A suggestion, why don't you implement paints?  A TFC dye mixed with a blinding agent(in a barrel), something like an 'egg', would create a paint; to apply this(to Alabaster) a tool like a brush would be used. Later on, existing chiseling code could be utilized to paint 'cubits' of blocks, rather than painting the entire thing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I would be happy to help you code this.(If needed) ;)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint%C2'>

Thank you for suggestions.

> A TFC dye mixed with a blinding agent(in a barrel), something like an 'egg', would create a paint; to apply this(to Alabaster) a tool like a brush would be used.

Yes, I'm planning to implement something like this.

Also, I'm planning to make possible to draw pictures on the cloth using dyes and brush.

> Later on, existing chiseling code could be utilized to paint 'cubits' of blocks, rather than painting the entire thing.

I thought to use here "gem setting" way proposed in Uses for Gypsum/Uses for gems/Sculpting expansion

I think colored sculptures should not be cheap.

Where's the download link?

Inside the spoiler tag. Click the button under the word Download that says Show

Oh cool! I'm definitely going to have a look at those new blocks when my computer comes back.

AWESOME MOD!!

Quick suggestion, even though the light leves for the gems are editable, the defaults should be waay lower; they don't burn out, don't need crafting, and very abundant over time. I'm setting them to make the best gem a bit brighter than a torch and the worst gem, half as bright than the torch

And about the lanterns, would it be too dificult to alter the crafting so we can make them refillable?

New update Decorations-1.0.11 have been uploaded.

Look at Changes section for details.

Quick suggestion, even though the light leves for the gems are editable, the defaults should be waay lower; they don't burn out, don't need crafting, and very abundant over time. I'm setting them to make the best gem a bit brighter than a torch and the worst gem, half as bright than the torch

But at the same time is is not easy to find good gems.Introducing of light level was a try to make some value for gems.Perhaps I need to make a poll regarding default settings.

And about the lanterns, would it be too dificult to alter the crafting so we can make them refillable?

I thought initially to implement such feature, but not sure if this will be actually used.This maybe could be implemented some later but as optional feature.

I have a suggestion.

As TFC have a lot of types of the same thing (metal, stone, wood), it quickly add up and for every new item you have a lot of new lines to add to the .lang file. It also mean a lot of work for translators who want to translate your mod.

My idea would be to put all the item variation in the tooltip and keep the name of the item as generic. It would give the same result as the Sand, Gravel and Dirt in TFC right now.

For your mod, if you only do it for the stone based items, you already have 63 lines in the file (so it mean 63 lines to translate). It could be reduced to the 24 (21 stones + 3 items) and every time you add a new item, you save 20 lines. And if you are able to use what is in the TFC .lang, you would even be able to cut the number of lines further, but I don't know if it is possible.

For the translation it would be possible to use the "official" spreadsheet so it would be easy for people who already translate TFC to work on translation for your mod (as we are doing for Leather water sac).

P.S. Line 24 of you language file you seem to have a random tile.MudBrickRaw.Chert.Wet.name

> My idea would be to put all the item variation in the tooltip and keep the name of the item as generic. It would give the same result as the Sand, Gravel and Dirt in TFC right now.

This is how I did it initially, but I don't like that mods (for ex. NEI) which show the name of block you look at - do not show tooltip together with name.

Therefore I reworked names so them include soil type (like stone bricks).

> For the translation it would be possible to use the "official" spreadsheet so it would be easy for people who already translate TFC to work on translation for your mod (as we are doing for Leather water sac).

Could you please provide more details on this?

> P.S. Line 24 of you language file you seem to have a random tile.MudBrickRaw.Chert.Wet.name

Ohh, thank you - I will remove it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cSDgnOpd0md6JrrkpLzBNU4Rjg_xMCFErnEMVSQX0v4/edit?usp=sharing

In the file there is on tab for the translation and one for export, we have it for TFC and for LWS.

So you translate in the right row in the translation tab, go to the export tab, select a language and copy paste to the file. You can easily add new lines in the translation tab and re-generate all the translation files.

Kudos to your modding! A question, how is the player supposed to make 'Black Dye'?Thanks,  ~F~

I haven't done, but I would assume ink sac and if not that, perhaps markings.

Now brown may be issue, unless red+green gives brown.

Using Decorations 1.0.11 with TFC b79.15

I need to report a crash due to your mod conflicting with a custom recipe I've created in minetweaker. The recipe allows a player to take an exquisite gem and convert it into 2 flawless and convert a flawless gem into a normal gem by use of a blue/red steel chisel. The craft shows the proper output, but upon removing the output the client crashes with http://pastebin.com/0As1ajPK

The custom recipe is 

recipes.addShapeless(<terrafirmacraft:item.Diamond:2> * 2, [<terrafirmacraft:item.Blue Steel Chisel>.anyDamage().transformDamage(), <ore:gemFlawlessDiamond>]); 

Setting the output to vanilla diamonds works as intended.

I even simplified the recipe to

recipes.addShapeless(<terrafirmacraft:item.Diamond:2> * 2, [<ore:gemFlawlessDiamond>]);

and got the same crash. It is simply the output of the TFC diamond that is the cause of the crash and only when the decorations add-on is present.

This was tested in TFC b79.15 in forge 1272, with fast craft 1.16, minetweaker3 1.7.10-3.0.9C and minetweaker recipe maker 1.7.10-1.1.0.11

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cSDgnOpd0md6JrrkpLzBNU4Rjg_xMCFErnEMVSQX0v4/edit?usp=sharing In the file there is on tab for the translation and one for export, we have it for TFC and for LWS.So you translate in the right row in the translation tab, go to the export tab, select a language and copy paste to the file. You can easily add new lines in the translation tab and re-generate all the translation files.

In the instruction stated "1. Make a copy of the spreadsheet and rename it."But I see here tab for LWS.Can I create tab for Decorations or should I create new document? 

A question, how is the player supposed to make 'Black Dye'?

You should use TFC's Ink Sac (as suggested Bunsan).For any liquid dye - should be used water + standard "solid" dye. 

Now brown may be issue, unless red+green gives brown.

Liquid brown dye could be made from Fresh Water + TFC's "Cocoa Bean"But unfortunately TFC doesn't support craft of such dye, so you should to add your own recipe. 

The craft shows the proper output, but upon removing the output the client crashes with http://pastebin.com/0As1ajPK

Thank you for clear bug description.This is MineTweaker's bug - it is not properly support "substitution aliases".How "placeable" gems are working:1) I've extended TFC's ItemGem class2) Add all required functionlity to the extended class3) Added "substitution alias" which guarantee that if item will be requested by name - then will be used my extended item instead of original:
GameRegistry.addSubstitutionAlias("terrafirmacraft:" + TFCItems.GemDiamond.getUnlocalizedName(), GameRegistry.Type.ITEM, -My Extended Item-);
But looks like MineTweaker is using direct access to the hashtable with items and aliases and therefore it is using original items instead of extended.If you will look at the "usage" of Flawless Diamond (using NEI) - it will show in output "Diamond -1:2" where item has ID = -1.If you will try to register new recipe using usual names but not ore dictionary names:
recipes.addShapeless(<terrafirmacraft:item.Diamond:2> * 2, <terrafirmacraft:item.Diamond:3>);
then you will not be able to use this recipe or see it via NEI (because MC can't see original items).Therefore you should ask MineTweaker's developers to fix this.Also as workaround - I could suggest to write temporary small mod which will add required gem's recipes via Java code (I could provide example)

Thanks for reply on Github. I'll poke MineTweaker.

i have a bug that im pretty sure was caused by this plugin. my gem textures are currently mixed up...ie: rubies look like emeralds, emeralds look like amethysts...etc. i am using my own texture pack, so just to make sure i didnt screw up and just didn't notice until this point, i checked that my textures were correct, and they are. even stranger, some of the chipped textures have been replaced with some of the food textures XD. the food textures all seem to be in order though.

i am using version 1.0.11

ok, i switched over to no texture pack and wow, something is seriously broken. these are all of the gems...Posted Image

ok, i switched over to no texture pack and wow, something is seriously broken. these are all of the gems...Posted Image

Do you have MCPatcher or Optifine installed? That looks like some mod is creating a spritesheet for the textures and is improperly cropping.

i had to remove optifine a while back because it was causing problems, and ive used this mod for a while, i only noticed the issue after the latest update...idk maybe i need to try optifine again

edit: also, all other textures look just fine, its only the gems messing up

So I've reproduced this issue with textures. It is a bit odd, so bear with me.

Basically whatever resource pack you start your client with when loading up your instance or swap to in the Start screen (Singleplayer, Multiplayer, etc. screen) will work when you load up a world.  If you swap resource packs in game the textures are broken for the new pack, but the old one is still fine if you swap back. The broken resource pack will remain broken if you just restart your world (not instance) unless you swap it out than back in on the start screen. I tested this only with default and blockheads. No Optifine or MCPatcher.

So I've reproduced this issue with textures. It is a bit odd, so bear with me.

Basically whatever resource pack you start your client with when loading up your instance or swap to in the Start screen (Singleplayer, Multiplayer, etc. screen) will work when you load up a world.  If you swap resource packs in game the textures are broken for the new pack, but the old one is still fine if you swap back. The broken resource pack will remain broken if you just restart your world (not instance) unless you swap it out than back in on the start screen. I tested this only with default and blockheads. No Optifine or MCPatcher.

that makes sense, because i just went back onto my world with a different texture pack and it was fine, but then i swapped back to my main one and it was busted again in a diffident pattern rofl. thanks for that, i was worried lol. wonder whats causing that?

Bug is reproduced and fixed.

New update Decorations-1.0.12 have been uploaded.

Look at Changes section for details.

I love this mod. We are using it in our server and especially like the Lanterns and the mud bricks.