Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
KnightLtd

Log Piles

13 posts in this topic

When placing a log pile it will fill it with logs from your inventory just like creative mode but it uses the logs from ur inventory to fill it

When placing a log pile it will fill it with logs from your inventory just like creative mode but it uses the logs from ur inventory to fill it

I could see this working as just a minor tweak to the current behavior... Keep the shift right click to create the pile, and the right click to add a single log from your hand, but make it so a shift right click on an existing pile that isn't full will add all logs in your hand to that pile. In other words, holding shift and right clicking twice with a full stack of logs in your hand would create and then fill the pile.

oh yeah. That kind of light suggestion improvement is normally considered by the team. Hope !

The idea breaks the purpouse of handling your hotbar. You are required to have both the chisel and the hammer to chisel blocks, you need to have the 5+ units of clay and leather to work it, you need 2+ rocks to knapp. Making the logs magically go from your inventory to your hand goes against that feel of hotbar=hands and inventory=pockets/backpack

yeah, but you save time! And it's much more convenient.

The same way, the S and D key work. (trim decay/reunite oz)

How about, when holding multiple logs in your hand and creating a new log pile, it automatically puts all the logs in your hand into the pile, leaving your hand empty.

This would avoid some coding annoyances by never having more logs in your hand than the log pile can handle (16 max for both).

This would be a huge quality of life improvement.

I find log piles are very clunky, a way to place the entire stack and pick up the entire pile in one go would save so much time.

Alternatively, make the log pile like the ingot piles we now have.

If you right click with non log it opens GUI and you can shift click in full stack.

Shift click to place log, switch to diffrent item on hot bar, open pile inventory, shift click remander of stack into pile inventory, close inventory, repeat.

I could place the blocks in the world faster then I can put them into a pile.

Shift click to place log, switch to diffrent item on hot bar, open pile inventory, shift click remander of stack into pile inventory, close inventory, repeat.

I could place the blocks in the world faster then I can put them into a pile.

Shift click to place log. Let go of shift. Hold down right click to quickly fill log pile with the rest of the logs...

Place 4 piles with 1 log each. Go back and fill them to top. Really not that long to do. I'm not invalidating your suggestion, but I think your statement is a bit of a stretch.

I'm with Bunsan.  If anything, I'd like the second shift-click to *remove* 1 log from the pile.  To me it's much more annoying to have to mess with the gui to get one log out for cooking or making a barrel or those accidental 1-log-pile placements.

Edited by Darmo