Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhilosopherCreeper

Spawning at very high height

8 posts in this topic

So, every time I create a new world, the water level is at 130, to 150, and that is a problem, because I rarely find ores (wich are always close to bedrock). My question is: Is this suposed to happen? Does this mod change the height of world creation or is this a bug? Also, I hope I post this thread in the right topic, if not, I apologize, it's my first one in this forum.

This is an example of what I said

post-392-0-15358200-1339616448_thumb.png

It's a swamp, so I don't know if this changes something (but I think it doesn't).

EDIT

Thanks all of you wich answered my questions, it was really, really, really helpful, still haven't found any ores near surface, but I'll keep looking, thanks!

So, every time I create a new world, the water level is at 130, to 150, and that is a problem, because I rarely find ores (wich are always close to bedrock). My question is: Is this suposed to happen? Does this mod change the height of world creation or is this a bug? Also, I hope I post this thread in the right topic, if not, I apologize, it's my first one in this forum.

This is an example of what I said

post-392-0-15358200-1339616448_thumb.png

It's a swamp, so I don't know if this changes something (but I think it doesn't).

This is normal. The mod makes it 148 (or about) high. And the ores do not spawn near bedrock, in this mod they spawn everywhere as soon as you get some blocks deep, check the wiki for wich rocks you want to find for your ores.

This mod revamps how mincraft plays. Because of the increase in overall height of minecraft, the world is increased. Also the ores are spread throughout and there is no set level at which to dig, so you have to just keep digging around at various levels for the different ore.

You get 4 layers of rock in each biome, chosen at random from the complete list of ~23. (layers are on average about 40-50 blocks deep)

Each rock can contain veins of various minerals, e.g. Granite can contain Casserite & Bismuthinite (to name just two), which can be melted in a fireplace to make tin and bismuth - both starter metals.

You really have to watch/read Spotters guide on the Wiki to get an overview of the Mod.

Just to add a little more to this, on my SSP game, I haven't found any ore after playing for about 8 hours (but I JUST started to create a mine). On my SMP game, the server spawned me and my friends in a kinda "Fort Knox". Within the first hour of playing, we found some Sphalerite on the side of a hill (just out in the open). After we had a "base" set up, I went out looking for reeds (which unluckily took me about 3000 blocks to find). During this search, I found Native Copper (about 20 stacks), Native Gold (2.5 stacks), Malachite (about 50 stacks), Tetrahedrite (about 20 stacks). I also found about 70 stacks of Gypsum (I didn't know it was useless until I mined almost all of it, now it sits in a chest outside the base). All of this was found on the side of a mountain, without having to do any kind of digging. I set up little outposts at each location with a waypoint (Rei's Minimap) so I could mine it all.

Ore spawns high up as well, you don't always have to dig down. I've found LOTS of ore without even starting a mine at the edge of a mountain biome. Even found (but haven't mined yet) some native gold that's nearly in the clouds.

Ore spawning is related to the surrounding rock and the number of existing veins in the chunk (if I remember correctly). It is potentially possible to find ore at any elevation, so long as the rock layer is of the appropriate type. This makes finding biomes with the right rock composition much more important than mining down to a certain depth.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0