Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deez

Let's Play?

20 posts in this topic

I decided to start recording some youtube videos of TFC and my server, so first off I have to test my settings and everything.

Take a look and let me know what I could improve/change to make the videos more enjoyable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7kAQy69poo

You sniffle a lot. Get rid of the cold :P

Seriously though, it looks good to me. Your audio levels are spot on and your words are clear. (I seriously can't count the number of youtubers that mutter or mumble. Drives me crazy when I have to guess what they are saying)

One of Spotter's video's problem sadly is that the audio volume is inconsistent and often too low.

The video itself doesn't seem to lag too notably, which is a wonder in itself as your server is notoriously laggy this time of day. You might want to do another test when a few people are on to see if it makes a difference. :)

You sniffle a lot. Get rid of the cold :P

Seriously though, it looks good to me. Your audio levels are spot on and your words are clear. (I seriously can't count the number of youtubers that mutter or mumble. Drives me crazy when I have to guess what they are saying)

One of Spotter's video's problem sadly is that the audio volume is inconsistent and often too low.

The video itself doesn't seem to lag too notably, which is a wonder in itself as your server is notoriously laggy this time of day. You might want to do another test when a few people are on to see if it makes a difference. :)

Noted! Thanks for watching. :P

I like it! I'll be honest I was kind of expecting an overly serious video. I'm glad it wasn't.I will be watching in the future.

As for the test, I think it went nicely as well. Audio is fine, nighttime is easily visible, and if there's video stuttering I couldn't tell.

I need ideas for a series or something now. I don't want to just run around trying to guess what everything is all the time because that's boring!

I need ideas for a series or something now. I don't want to just run around trying to guess what everything is all the time because that's boring!

i have an idea for a series, you would ahve to wait on it, but how about once the agriculture update, maybe an update that introduces animals, you start an rpg series, you and your freinds get together and do a little story with a plot line and everything, you could start out building up a little village together, or start out in one that is already built, and with your freinds you do either something like inthelittle wood does, pretty much a lets play with little story line thrown in here and there, you could do several episodes where you just go exploring and then all of a sudden decide to go home and see a bunch of hostile mobs attacking your home and you fight them off, or you could do something like bashur in the bashcraft, a scripted series with characters and story/plot lines.

I don't think I'll be writing a story or following a script, the server changes way too much to have a consistent plot to follow. So maybe I'll just go off and start from the beginning for my first few videos and turn them into a more comedic tutorial/gameplay video.

Would any Artists be willing to help me out with some simple graphics? I'd like to have a little introduction and maybe some more stuff later on but I'm afraid I suck at PS. Send me a message if interested!

Would any Artists be willing to help me out with some simple graphics? I'd like to have a little introduction and maybe some more stuff later on but I'm afraid I suck at PS. Send me a message if interested!

Sure, though I can't record MC video (computer sucks for that). I can do full gfx work including video editing, visual effects, and artwork. (copied for PM)

Earned a Sub...For sure love the lets plays...

I want to do some lets plays too...but having problem with my turtle beach headphones ( i can either record my voice no game sound or Game but no voice..)

Keep the lets play goin....as for ideas....I just like seeing people play and have fun...always fun to have few ppl on voice and server with you at same time.

More than one voice is always nice. There's less chance of dead air. I would also love to be in a lets play, but my sense of humor is pretty dirty and I usually say the joke before I realize it. Most people go for a more PG approach to lets plays so they can get more viewers.

More than one voice is always nice. There's less chance of dead air. I would also love to be in a lets play, but my sense of humor is pretty dirty and I usually say the joke before I realize it. Most people go for a more PG approach to lets plays so they can get more viewers.

Ya my vids would be pretty adult content

yeah im looking for someone that has a server whos willing to role play but theres not much of them so.... lol forgot were i was going with that

Ya my vids would be pretty adult content

Dirty dirty pig toucher :o

That is some damn well fine settings you got there.

I will be glad to watch your LP, but you have to work a bit on your mic: it sounds a bit jittery and low volume, but the rest is fine!

You will be perfect!

Was it just my ipad or the quallity of the video that was bad? Sorry if i sound like a troll...

Looks good, do some more :)

I will thanks!

Yeah sorry about my ealier comment your videos look good... If you do some more i will sure watch them...

Haha I really need to blow my nose more before I record. Working in a metal shop has its disadvantages... like metal dust... and growing beards... everywhere...

I have this thing where if a persons voice is not JUST RIGHT, I can't watch the lets play. But your voice is easy to listen to. All your settings seem good, take the plunge, make a let's play! Just don't forget to keep your voice good. Most people slip into a monotone when they are concentrating on something (like playing a game) make sure to try really hard not to do that!

Other than that, just keep it fun, be upbeat and don't slip into a monotone. Have a vauge list of things to do for the episode beforehand and do it! Haha let's plays are sime really.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0