Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Omicron

Unable to store food in small vessels

9 posts in this topic

TFC Version #: b79.15Forge Version #: 10.13.2.1272SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): SSPSuggested Name: Unsure, bug could be related to the food item or to the vessel item, or to something else entirely.Description: While playing singleplayer survival mode, I randomly encounter food items that cannot be stored inside small vessels. As an example, slaying a deer yielded two haunches of venison. One of them I was able to put into a small vessel for storage, the other would not let itself be placed there. I observed similar things with bunches of seaweed I had harvested, porkchps dropped from pigs, mutton dropped from sheep, and tomatos harvested from wild plants. I did not observe it with garlic harvested from wild plans, yellow peppers harvested from my own farm, or rice grains (from wild plants, but refined). Unfortunately this only serves to underline how random it is, but I'd say that somewhere around two thirds of all the food items I procure are not storable in small vessels. They can be stored in other stroage mediums just fine, but I'd really like to have that decay reduction modifier...

Fun bonus: I saved, quit and restarted the game. After doing so, one out of four previously unstorable items became storable all of a sudden, while the other three didn't.

I read in the changelog that small vessels are supposed to reject items with incorrect NBT data. If that is the source of this bug, then somehow my game generates faulty NBT data for the majority of food drops it generates.

Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug?: YesDo you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: YesIf yes, which mods?

- CodeChickenCore 1.7.10-1.0.4.29

- NotEnoughItems 1.7.10-1.0.3.74

- TFC NEI Plugin 1.7.10-1.3.0.16

- FastCraft 1.16If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them?: Neither of them is installed.

You can only store food that weighs 80oz or less in a small vessel. If it weighs more, it won't fit in the slot. You can cut it into smaller pieces by putting it in the crafting grid with a knife after the decay has been removed.

You can only store food that weighs 80oz or less in a small vessel. If it weighs more, it won't fit in the slot. ...

Is that in the changelog? I can't find it (I mean I already knew about it, but I can't find it).

Is that in the changelog? I can't find it (I mean I already knew about it, but I can't find it).

It's not explicitly in the change log. The closest thing is in 79.4: The Size/Weight of food stacks has been changed so that full food stacks weigh less in the inventory. As a result, they fit in more slots without needing to be split.

It's been common knowledge that vessels only hold items of size small or less. When you have a large piece of food, you can look at it to see that when it's more than 80 ounces, the size becomes medium.

The ceramic vessel section of the food page of the wiki also explicitly states:

"Ceramic vessels can store food up to 80 oz in weight. Food stored in a small ceramic vessel item has a decay modifier of 0.5. Note: Large ceramic vessels have no effect on decay rates."

Was this increased (78 > 79?), as I've been cutting food into <40oz until I accidentally added something that was 55oz. A bit of experimentation later I found the 80oz limit.

Feedback to the player would be nice. "Item is too large to fit in vessel"

Was this increased (78 > 79?), as I've been cutting food into <40oz until I accidentally added something that was 55oz. A bit of experimentation later I found the 80oz limit.

Feedback to the player would be nice. "Item is too large to fit in vessel"

Quite the opposite actually. In 78 you could fit an entire 160 oz piece in each slot. In 79 we changed it to only be 80 oz.

Feedback to the player in this situation doesn't work, because the chat screen is obscured by the UI. The system is already fairly intuitive with all containers. When you try to put something that is too large in a chest, the majority of players figure out that's why it won't go in. The exact same thing happens when you try to put a huge item that isn't food in a vessel. Why should it be any different when food is involved?

Good point, although I was sat scratching my head when I first came across the problem. As for putting other things in chests, or not....like tools... I just assumed you couldn't put tools in chests, like ingots, I'd think ingots would happily fit in a chest. Anyway...

Running out of flux on the forge has the same effect, but for some reason this just makes me click HARDER!

Quite the opposite actually. In 78 you could fit an entire 160 oz piece in each slot. In 79 we changed it to only be 80 oz.

Feedback to the player in this situation doesn't work, because the chat screen is obscured by the UI. The system is already fairly intuitive with all containers. When you try to put something that is too large in a chest, the majority of players figure out that's why it won't go in. The exact same thing happens when you try to put a huge item that isn't food in a vessel. Why should it be any different when food is involved?

I think I can understand the confusion here.  I've seen people confused about this in the HappyDiggers server as well.  It's because it is different when food is involved.

Splitting a stack of any item other than food does not change whether it will fit in a container.  A stack of items will either always or never fit in a certain type of container.  Number of items in the stack never matters. Players may expect that the TFC container size of the item will not differ as long as the item texture is the same.

Ah, that explains it. I was wondering if that's the case, but saw nothing of the sorts in the changelog... should have checked the wiki too, I guess.

I haven't played in a long time, so the "common knowledge" kind of eluded me. Sorry.