Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
SteAStro88

Invisible generated dirt

10 posts in this topic

I've just updated to b79.15 and updated forge to the recommended version, i tried to generate a world in SP, dirt was invisible.. i then remember that i had to delete TFC option files into config folder, retried the same world, same problem..

So i tried to create a new world, nothing changed.. I tried to break an invisible dirt block to place it again, the dirt block was visible again, so i guess it is a problem with grass dirt blocks or with the generated dirt blocks.. I don't really know what to do

Do you have optifine installed? If so, it's extremely outdated and you should update it. It also means that you broke rule #6 of the support forum.

Do you have optifine installed? If so, it's extremely outdated and you should update it. It also means that you broke rule #6 of the support forum.

Weeeeeeeeeee, you're right, one more thing, i have shaders into the shaders folder but i can't find the shader folder in the game menu, is it related to the "outdatedness" of optifine?

Probably. You'll have to ask the shaders people for support on that though, as it isn't TFC related in any way other than that you also have TFC installed.

Probably. You'll have to ask the shaders people for support on that though, as it isn't TFC related in any way other than that you also have TFC installed.

well unless i've had updated TFC shaders were working fine :P so i will try to use them again

You also updated forge. Are you absolutely positive that updating forge isn't what did it?

Weeeeeeeeeee, you're right, one more thing, i have shaders into the shaders folder but i can't find the shader folder in the game menu, is it related to the "outdatedness" of optifine?

probably missing the shaders mod itself in the mods folder... or some version conflict restraining it from being loaded

probably missing the shaders mod itself in the mods folder... or some version conflict restraining it from being loaded

That's quite impossible since i've copy-pasted  the entire minecraft folder from the previous hard disk, and then it was working fine, nothing was changed but the TFC version and forge version, now i've deleted Optifine since it was the right 1.7.10 version and it was causing the invisible blocks problem, and i can't still use the shaders :P

You updated forge. Are you sure the version of shaders that you copied is still compatible with that version of forge? Are you sure that you don't need to update shaders as well?

Edit: There was also no reason to delete optifine. The "right 1.7.10 version" is Optifine B5, which does not cause invisible blocks. Not sure what you thought the "right 1.7.10 version" was that you deleted yours. http://optifine.net/downloads

That's quite impossible since i've copy-pasted  the entire minecraft folder from the previous hard disk, and then it was working fine, nothing was changed but the TFC version and forge version, now i've deleted Optifine since it was the right 1.7.10 version and it was causing the invisible blocks problem, and i can't still use the shaders :P

quite impossible to be a version conflict? after you changed the forge version??

well, _I_ would say it is quite impossible that the Shader is working correctly if the Shaders Folder (Options) is not being displayed in Minecrafts menu... and two of the most probable reasons for it not working IMHO are the ones mentioned in my previous post.

versions that work for me:

Java: 1.8.0_31

Minecraft: 1.7.10

Forge: 10.13.2.1272

TFC: 0.79.15.538

ShadersModCore: 2.3.28

(NO Optifine, NO fastcraft)