Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
dankusmoney360o

Dinosaurs

8 posts in this topic

Hear me out....there are several really well done dinosaur mods out there. Why not add dinosaurs into tfc as a part of a seperate dimension? No other dino mod does that and it'd add a whole new layer to the redone survival in tfc. It'd give players more choices and more survival resources and on top of that - dinosaurs. Come on who doesn't like dinosaurs? They're fricking awesome. If you don't add them why not work on compatibility with the existing ones? Maybe start with F/A or JurassiCraft.

TFC strives to be as compatible as possible with other forge mods. Kitty has ore dictionaried the mod items for more compatibility. There are many tools that allow players to fix conflicts and find solutions to incompatibility. However as a total conversion mod there will be a good deal of issues with many mods and the main devs are unlikely to invest time in rewriting sections of code to be compatible with particular mods. However it is open source so yourself or others can PR solutions.

As for dinosaurs in TFC, even as separate dimension, doesn't really fit the believable/realistic theme. A modpack that used TFC as its base and created a sort of Land of the Lost feel would be fun.

If you don't add them why not work on compatibility with the existing ones? Maybe start with F/A or JurassiCraft.

In order for us to "work on compatibility" you'll have to let us know where TFC isn't compatible. We can't fix something if nobody tells us its broken.

As for dinosaurs in TFC, even as separate dimension, doesn't really fit the believable/realistic theme. A modpack that used TFC as its base and created a sort of Land of the Lost feel would be fun.

Hmm… if someone made this kind of modpack, would you play it? *ideas begin to flow* :P

The reason most mods dont work(or work well) with TFC is due to the lack of vanilla blocks and the extreme amounts of damage and health that non TFC things lack. Case in point; Mo'Creatures is pointless since all mobs can be one shot with a stone javelin, and that kinda defeats the purpose of the wyvrens and such since a skeleton can kill your pet fairly easily.

Now if you get a custom world generator and force spawn vanilla biomes as needed into the world seed then you can run all the mob based mods you want, since they will have a natural place to spawn. Your only stumbling block is that TFC suppresses vanilla minecraft.

You can use mob spawning control 2 mod (the 1.7.2 version works, just no in-game GUI) to control spawn locations and weight of most mobs. You can change the HP and damage dealt with the mob properties mod.

Dinosaurs?   We already have dinosaurs.  They are called chickens.

But that would be interesting - could you train them like the other animals?

And I play on peaceful - the bears are the most dangerous animal in my TFC games.  Having a T-Rex would make things interesting....I would have to build wooden forts or find areas to live where it could not get into.

The problem I have with it is when I find a herd of cows will I watch in horror as raptors wipe out the whole herd?