Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grandfather_pahomich

Woodworker's table

18 posts in this topic

I want you add wood decoration. I thought you creating recipes will be hard, because grill 3x3 is very small. And I came up with woodworker's table.  It work such us modeling clay or stone dressing tips. If you have left only the necessary items you receive wood decor. You can create it on all suface by saw. You need boards for creating decor.

You can use chisel to create wooden sculptures already. This is completely redundant.

They have no use. On the table you can do carpentry furniture (door, sofa, bed, chair, table).

Well most of those items are only ascethic and have no use anyways and the current mechanic works exceptionally well. As for a means of crafting wooden items that already exist in game, that has been suggested before.

You can use lumber and if you say it takes too long you can copy it with a blue print

At first. Woodcraft thus spoils tools. Second. You can cut off the excess and have to redo it. This is even more spoils tools. Third. You can not sit on a chair, and you can not lie down on sofa. To create these things mesh workbench is not enough. So I suggested carpenter table. I would also like suggest a window frame that can be glazed and open the door. And I like to suggest a decorative fence consisting of vertical boards.

All these things can be accomplished with lumber and a chisel in world. The only accept ion is the door. However this would just create a new way to craft the doors we currently have. Creating a unique texture using chisel is challenging code on its own. To have this unique texture rotate 90o and transform to the proper texture would be a huge amount of calculations for such a simple task. It is beyond me how you'd make the transition state anything but invisible or extremely derpy.

You are right. But you also can to do chest, fence and other wood things which is now present in the game. 

Chest is a tile entity and like door moves. So no. Fences can be made with lumber. In fact I use lumber for most of my fences.

For sculpture type items there are a lot of reasons why it isn't worth doing. Both technically and for gameplay. The main one is that an elegant mechanic already exists in game that works very well.

Basically, it just makes the process of creating furniture more realistic. That's all.

Carving a block in world with a chisel and hammer is less realistic than doing it in a crafting interface?

Yeah cause' furniture is just for aesthetics in tfc so it doesnt have to be a whole different crafting thing.

And you wouldn't carve a door or chest with a chisel and hammer either. You'd use lumber. And in end using a different crafting interface to make the same thing is not adding gameplay.

And in end using a different crafting interface to make the same thing is not adding gameplay.

What are you taking about? Some of the best parts of tfc is the new crafting interfaces, like smithing, fire places, and others.

Putting lumber in a different crafting grid is not new gameplay.

His suggestion is slowly morphing into a different thing. He wants to carve custom things in a crafting interface. Custom blocks aren't really feasible the way he wants them and the type he wants them. Besides fact the chiseling system already exists and is quite powerful.

I suggest new idea. When you do door with help chisel It turns into a mechanical door.  And after you can open their.

I really dont know why you cant read the previous posts on the forums about 90% of what you suggest

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0