Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
novix

[Read Change Log] Animal interaction issues

3 posts in this topic

TFC Version #:0.79.15.538

Forge Version #: v10.13.2.1230

*Please note that an actual number must be provided for both of the above fields.
*Simply saying "current" or "latest" will result in your post being locked, due to the fact that in a large number of cases, users who say they are using the "latest" or "current" version are actually using an outdated version.

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer):Multiplayer

Suggested Name: Animal interaction issues

Description: When right clicking on an animal all i get is this animal wont let you do that, or the gender of an animal. I have a horse roped off, who when right clicking or shift clicking with empty hands I am unable to ride gives me just the gender of the horse, doesn't matter whither its male or female. (this may be do to recent animal updates and procedure changes but according to all the guides this is the proper procedure. I am unable to milk Female cows as they will not let me do that as well (They have the smaller horns i know) These are the only symptoms i can see so far, though i found no posts other then people telling me specifically do what i'm already doing.

Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes Both server side as well as client side.
Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: No

First update your forge to at least the minimum build, 1236 or the recommended builds, 1272+.

Please reread http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Animal_Husbandry

If you are following all that and it still isn't working then you will need to provide more information. Suchas what the framiliarization heart looks like, what you are trying to feed the animals etc.

I'm quite certain you have read the information for build 78 not the current build, 79.

Also are you running a forge server or cauldron.

From the 0.79.0 Change Log:
  • Completely changed the way in which animals are tamed. Gone are the days when a few bones are enough to create a wolf army.
    • Instead of being tamed with a bone, wolves will only follow players
    • All wolves will sit if tied to a fence post and stand if tied to a player
    • All animals now have a familiarity value which needs to be increased
    • Familiarity can be increased by performing a particular action at least once a day
    • for wolves, this means shift-right clicking to pet them
    • for cows, sheep, chickens, and pigs this means feeding them grain
    • for bears, this means feeding them fish
    • for horses, this means feeding them grain, however after a certain point, the horse will no longer become familiar this way, and instead will only become familiar by riding it for an average of 30 seconds per day
    • for deer, this means feeding them salt
  • Certain familiarity levels are required to interact with animals in certain ways such as milking cows, shearing sheep, riding horses, breeding animals, and naming animals
  • Familiarity will decrease slightly each day if it hasn’t reached a certain level and you haven’t interacted with the animal
  • Familiarity has a set cap after which it can no longer be increased in adult animals. Baby animals can always increase their familiarity, and do so much faster than adults.
  • Baby animals retain 50% of their mother’s familiarity when born, unless she is close to maximum familiarity, in which case they will retain 90% of it

There is also the Animal Husbandry wiki page with more information, that Bunsan has already linked for you.

I'm assuming that you have broken rule #2 of the support forum, which is to read the change log before posting, but since this appears to be your first support post, the topic will not be locked. Please keep in mind for the future that breaking any of those rules can result in your topic being locked.