Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sladki

[TFC 0.79.29] Automated Bellows Addon - Pottery Kiln, Water Filter, Shields

85 posts in this topic

Automated Bellows:

Spoiler

Adds two blocks that are able to "push" a bellows automatically with configurable period. Requires fuel to work.

Right Click to a Boiler block with an empty hand  to get the Boiler status.
Steam Boiler can store up to 1000 bellows activations, requires to be filled with water only once, doesn't heat up or down, doesn't loose fuel, so if you fill it with 400 activations, you can use them any time.
1 log provides 40 activations, 1 coal (charcoal suits too) provides 200.
If Boiler fuel level will become 0 you'll need to fill it with fuel and light again.

The Steam Boiler has 4 delay modes and connected Bellow Driver will activate bellows once per 1, 3, 6 or 10 seconds.
To switch the delay, Right Click on the Steam Boiler block with any hammer in hand.

1. Craft two blocks: Bellows Driver and Steam Boiler.
nPv05hx.png

tJyQu7o.png

2. Place a Bellows Driver block facing and next to the Bellows Block (a Bellows Driver block can be face to any side of tfc Bellows block, not to the back side necessarily)

F1rNPQq.pngrJh7uJ0.png

3. place a Steam Boiler block next to the Bellows Driver block's back side (texture with black dot on it)

fxUHgCS.png

4. fill the Boiler with 1 (wooden) bucket of Fresh water, put fuel and light it with Firestarter or Flint n' Steel.
806BjFI.png

5. provide the Bellows Driver block with redstone signal to make it active.
FLXRks3.png

Pottery Kiln:

Spoiler

A special device for hardening clay items with more fuel efficiency and capacity than a Pit Kiln. Uses 4 logs and cooks up to 8 clay items for one run.
Craft to blocks: Pottery Kiln and Pottery Kiln Chamber. Place the latter on top of the former.

FYQJBic.png

Zdi4YOe.png

obAAmnu.png

Usage:

Right Click on the Pottery Kiln block: the fuel inventory will be opened. Put 4 logs inside, 1 log on each slot.
Right Click on the Pottery Kiln Chamber block: the pottery inventory will be opened. Put at least one clay item inside.
Right Click on the Pottery Kiln block with a Fire Starter or a Flint N' Steel in hand, the pottery kiln will be lighted.
The pottery kiln requires about 8 ingame hours to fire all clay items.

Water Filter:

Spoiler

Water Filter block can filter hot water and output fresh clean water. Just place the block and make hot water to flow to one of the block's side with 8 holes (XX shape) - fresh water will flow from the opposite side.

WvBcClL.jpg

tAr7CBA.jpg

Shields:

Spoiler

Uj8pvhS.png

Uses backslot, protects from the rear if on the back or from the front otherwise. Adds a chance to block that depends from the player action, his looking direction and type of attack. The player has the greatest chance if he is blocking (holding Right Mouse Button), looking directly to the source of attack, and the attack is projectile (arrow or javelin).
8Z0E71H.png

Shepherd Staff:

Spoiler

QgxKTtP.png

Simple tool that makes livestock (cows, pigs, horses, sheeps, chickens) to stand still and be silent on use. Use the staff on an animal to toggle effect.

Download link:

Changelog:

Spoiler

1.1a
Lang file, NullPointer fixes
Back to Java 1.7

More shields
Shepherd Staff

1.1b
Shield (only one)

Water Filter added
WAILA support

0.79.24 compatible

Pottery Kiln added
Steam boiled has 4 delay mods now

Git

Feel free to include this in your modpack.

Edited by Sladki

This looks really interesting, I may have to include this on my server!

Would save me from carpel tunnel when using the blast furnace.

Modpacks?

Updated post.

Feel free to include this in your modpack.

This looks really interesting, I may have to include this on my server!

Would save me from carpel tunnel when using the blast furnace.

When using the Blast furnace you actually only need to blow the bellows 2 or 3 times... However the UI does not provide any feedback as to what's going on internally. Initially, like you, I was blowing the bellows all the time, burning through more charcoal than I could grow trees for. Then I looked at the code.

No spoilers I'm afraid. 

Nice idea but once you know how the BF works this becomes a little wasteful. Although I do wish you could access the bellows from within the BF and Forge UI, which this kinda does for you.

Wow, great add on! Pity to hear it is 'wasteful'. A trade off for automation?

Wow, great add on! Pity to hear it is 'wasteful'. A trade off for automation?

It's 'wasteful' because it's expensive recipes for adding automation to something that doesn't need to be automated. Why spend all those resources on something to pump the bellows when you yourself only have to pump it like 3 times?

I actually meant that constantly pumping the bellows burns charcoal faster and you only need to pump the bellows to push the temperature over that of the burn temperature of the fuel. Test it in the forge, it plateau's at a point (burn temp of fuel) pumping the bellows pushes the temp up quite a bit, but then it drops quickly too... Pump it infrequently to maintain the high temperature.

Once you get to the plateaued temperature; Pump once to get the temp up, then wait, then pump again and wait and once more. That should be all you need in the blast furnace to smelt 4 iron ores (holds 4 per level of blast furnace).

IMPORTANT: The blast furnace needs to be up to max temperature, using the bellows while it's heating has no effect. It will use a small amount <1 charcoal getting up to temperature then 1 per iron smelted. If you pump like a mad man you'll use 3 or 4 getting it to temperature.

Is anyone going to update this to 0.79.18?

Updated.

Steam Boiler block has 4 modes which allows to activate bellows once per 1, 3, 6 or 10 seconds.

Pottery Kiln added.

Shfit+Click in inventories will work in the next update.

Posted Image

@Sladki did a little update work for you on this addon too. Check github.

Actually, I really like the pottery kiln idea. It makes little sense that an individual who has progressed to furnaces and even blast furnaces still has to dig a pit, fill it with straw, and stack logs atop it to make a pit kiln to fire clay items just like he did back in the stone age. This is just about ideal.

Love the mod, specially the Pottery Kiln.

Any chance we can bake bread in it?

As much as I know you cannot bake bread in a camp fire.

It would make so much more sense to bake bread in the Kiln.

Actually, I really like the pottery kiln idea. It makes little sense that an individual who has progressed to furnaces and even blast furnaces still has to dig a pit, fill it with straw, and stack logs atop it to make a pit kiln to fire clay items just like he did back in the stone age. This is just about ideal.

In the real life furnaces for smelting metals and ores takes their origin from pottery kilns.

Love the mod, specially the Pottery Kiln.

Any chance we can bake bread in it?

As much as I know you cannot bake bread in a camp fire.

It would make so much more sense to bake bread in the Kiln.

It is possible to bake in a camp fire. I had an idea to make special oven for cooking.

An update will be soon (it seems that I've lost a code for correct work on shift+clicking).

Updated your title as you repo indicates the mod was updated to 23

Updated your title as you repo indicates the mod was updated to 23

Crash Report for version 1.01 in TFC 0.79.24.816 http://pastebin.com/KEFgQNZz

Was just your mod and TFC in a forge 1448 environment.

Jar file was not updated, but the repo.

just a question, is this compatible with 79.24? The title says 79.22. 

No. If the title does not say 23, 24, or 23/24+ it will not be compatible.

The posts and the 23 commit on the repo suggested to me the title had not been updated. This was incorrect, the mod is not updated to 23/24

Updated. Sorry for the long updating time.

Update.

Sometimes hot water springs spawns on mountains and hills, so I decided to make them usable as usual water source for drinking, crafting and farmlands by "filtering" with new block. A reason to build aqueducts. Also added tips for WAILA.

tAr7CBA.jpg

I3lOMU7.jpg

FnXihYS.jpg