Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sladki

[TFC 0.79.29] Automated Bellows Addon - Pottery Kiln, Water Filter, Shields

85 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Sladki said:

Not really expensive. It can help when you are smelting large amount of ore and making ingots at the same time in cold regions or with a small furnace.

I'd just like to point out that the temperature of your region has absolutely nothing to do with forging. It has no effect whatsoever on the temperature of any device be it a firepit, forge, crucible, or blast furnace, or the rate at which items heat up or cool down.

Edited by Kittychanley

Wiki states, that ambient temperature have impact on blast furnace and crucible.

5 hours ago, ciekma said:

Wiki states, that ambient temperature have impact on blast furnace and crucible.

where? i cant find such thing in the blast furni or crucible wiki sections

"This page was last modified on 5 November 2014, at 19:22."

Don't trust everything you read on the wiki, especially when you have access to the code.

There is a call to height adjusted temperature in the crucible tile entity code. Didn't look closely at it though. Likely it is just used to set the ambient temperature of the unlit crucible. 

I noticed on my test server, that after certain gameplay, shield was duplicated. I opened chest, where shield is usually stored, wanted to put it here, but there was one already.

I suffered some lags day ago, probably it is a cause, but I cannot reproduce it now. Is it mod fault, or rather general desync issue?

18 hours ago, ciekma said:

I noticed on my test server, that after certain gameplay, shield was duplicated. I opened chest, where shield is usually stored, wanted to put it here, but there was one already.

I suffered some lags day ago, probably it is a cause, but I cannot reproduce it now. Is it mod fault, or rather general desync issue?

Have you tried to use the both shields? I did nothing unusual with the shield item, so I think it is desync or Minecraft fault if you have two material shields as a result.

Uj8pvhS.png
Added metal shields (made from one double ingot on an anvil) and the wooden one (4 logs and 1 axe).

I've heard that some players have problems with animals suffocating in walls, so new item was added: a secret device from the future developed in psi labs and aimed to take control under people minds (hail to the great Yuri!) Shepherd Staff FRQ3FUz.png Use it on an animal (domesticated, like a cow or a pig) and it will stand still and keep silence. Use again and the animal will get usual behaviour after the chunk unload.

Edited by Sladki

Updated

Crafting crash fix, works with Java 1.7

On 9/8/2016 at 5:50 PM, Sladki said:

Updated

Crafting crash fix, works with Java 1.7

Random Question. I was working on a mod for Blue Power the other day, which apparently is written in Java 8 (it has lambda expressions). But TFC appears to be in Java 7? Am i just wrong and everything is Java 8 now, or is it up to the mod author. How does all of this work? I'm so confused.

1 hour ago, Peffern said:

Random Question. I was working on a mod for Blue Power the other day, which apparently is written in Java 8 (it has lambda expressions). But TFC appears to be in Java 7? Am i just wrong and everything is Java 8 now, or is it up to the mod author. How does all of this work? I'm so confused.

As far as I know, on of the key ideas of Java was to be forward compatible: an application or a library written say with Java 5 will work on a JVM with greater versions. If you didn't used features from Java 8 in your mod code (or didn't set your mod to work only with Java 8 or greater versions), your mod will work both on Java Virtual Machines 7 and 8.

Oracle has stopped releasing public updates for Java 7 about a year ago, and it was ra good reason to stop using Java 7, but I don't know why some users are still using it.

Edited by Sladki

Considering this is the "Automated" bellows, would it be possible for you to allow automatic input of coal into the steam boiler via hoppers, pipes, etc? That would be so useful so as to not have to continuously do it manually.

Alright, I'm a bit confused. What's the latest version?

Edited by vladthemad

9 hours ago, vladthemad said:

Alright, I'm a bit confused. What's the latest version?

https://github.com/Sladki/TFC-AutomatedBellows-Addon/blob/master/jar/%5B1.7.10%5DTFCAutomatedBellowsAddon-1.1a.jar?raw=true

On 03.11.2016 at 0:11 PM, Nohicom said:

Considering this is the "Automated" bellows, would it be possible for you to allow automatic input of coal into the steam boiler via hoppers, pipes, etc? That would be so useful so as to not have to continuously do it manually.

No. Imagine that you have to clean of the ashes.

Edited by Sladki

Quick question, what's the recipe for the shepherd's staff?

On 24.12.2016 at 0:43 PM, traisjames said:

How do you change the automatic bellows rate?

Take a hammer in a hand and make Right Click on a Steam Boiler block.

On 24.12.2016 at 1:20 PM, peitum said:

Quick question, what's the recipe for the shepherd's staff?

T017NVE.png

On 12/24/2016 at 8:43 PM, traisjames said:

How do you change the automatic bellows rate?

Found it..."To switch the delay, Right Click on the Steam Boiler block with any hammer in hand."

pottery kiln make copper but do not make the bronze.
it is conceived?
in any case, a very useful add-on)

4 hours ago, feiteng said:

pottery kiln make copper but do not make the bronze.
it is conceived?
in any case, a very useful add-on)

As usual pit kiln it doesn't make alloys and cook (burn to ashes) food.

1 hour ago, Sladki said:

As usual pit kiln it doesn't make alloys and cook (burn to ashes) food.

The pit kiln (Vanilla TFC) has no problem in making bronze.

Are you confuising with the firepit?  (I'm not even sure if a firepit can melt ores any more.)

1 hour ago, ChunkHunter said:

The pit kiln (Vanilla TFC) has no problem in making bronze.

Are you confuising with the firepit?  (I'm not even sure if a firepit can melt ores any more.)

No, I've tried to make bronze in a pit kiln (7 copper, 1 tin, 25u per piece).

7 Cu and 1 Sn give unknown metal. You need 9 Cu and 1 Sn. Pit kiln is working fine for copper and all bronzes.

Pottery kiln is only for pottery (I tried with jar of copper, no result), and it is fine. It is especially useful for making fire bricks.

Hello. Can you please update OP with info on undoing the shepherd staff effect. I found the answer in this thread would be nice to have it in OP though.

Note to 'some people': This is a great addon...if there's something you don't like about it or find OP....just don't freaking use it then....You're not forced to install it....and even if you have it preinstalled as part of a modpack nobody is forcing you to use the blocks/mechanics it adds.

Note to 'some other people': The boiler has to be lit with a firestarter before it actually works. Read OP carefully.

Note to author: AWESOME ADDON....keep up the good work.....thx for making this.....love it.