Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
OneWolfe

[TFC 0.79.29] TerraFirmaPunk - HQM SteamPunk Adventures

122 posts in this topic

. If I could add a crafting recipes to the TFC anvil I would have an iron or steel ingot welded with a sheet of Zinc,

Oh, is there no way to add TFC anvil recipes? :(

Oh, is there no way to add TFC anvil recipes? :(

There is, but you have to write an addon in order to do it. There's currently no scripting way using minetweaker or modtweaker to add anvil recipes.

I have been playing for about a week now and really enjoy all the new structures in the world. I also like having more challenging mobs and bosses in the world. Playing this on a server would really be great. Hope you start one if you haven't already

I have been playing for about a week now and really enjoy all the new structures in the world. I also like having more challenging mobs and bosses in the world. Playing this on a server would really be great. Hope you start one if you haven't already

Server is running, but im still working on the permissions and several settings so just send me a private message and I can add you to the whitelist.

With modtweaker is it possible to make  liquids from other mods compatible with Flaxbeards crucible? When metal is galvanized it needs to be soaked in acid before applying the zinc to make sure no other metals are present so there are no unwanted alloys. Since TFC is based upon believability not absolute facts Tannin could be used as the acid needed for the soak, the only problem would be finding a way to get it out of the barrel since IIRC there is no bucket of Tannin.

Edit: Spelling and Grammer

The UDary mod has two kinds of acid that could be used in this process :D

Might i ask a favor for the next update if possible i like how the normal minecraft trees are rounded in the mod pack but it would be nice if ur where able to round the TFC trees too would bee nice to make a hickory log cabin or something u know thx for read if u did and i hope u consider it 

I am having an unusual problem. My friend runs a TFP server for 3 people to play on. The host says that the game runs the best it has ever run on his computer currently. However the clients both have terrible crippling lag. The game runs fine, as in there is no loss of control of character and no framerate loss, but the NPCs and interactions with blocks seems to have a 5-10 second delay on them. NPCs will look stationary and then slingshot forward, usually rapidly striking you up into the air. This problem doesn't exist in SSP, only on the host's server. The ping to the server on the login screen varies from 150ms to 50ms. I'm not sure what is causing this problem. Any thoughts?

Hello i am hosting a server for my self and 3 others just Like Exohun said in his post. On my end it is running the best it has ever run, but the ones connecting are having a 5-10sec delay in picking items up or watching me move a round in the game. Any help in resolving this would be great my specs are as follows.

System Information

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
       System Model: All Series
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/20/13 15:29:50 Ver: 13.01
          Processor: Intel® Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16322MB RAM
          Page File: 7703MB used, 24939MB available
        Windows Dir: C:Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Display Device

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: EnumPCIVEN_10DE&DEV_100A&SUBSYS_28883842&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 2728 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 3015 MB
      Shared Memory: 3809 MB
       Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: TOSHIBA-TV
         Monitor Id: TSB0206
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
        Output Type: HDMI
        Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.5012 (English)
     Driver Version: 9.18.13.5012
        DDI Version: 11
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 4/8/2015 18:58:18, 15818528 bytes

And my severstart.bat file reads like this

"C:Program FilesJavajre7binjavaw.exe" -Xmx6G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1291-universal.jar
PAUSE

Sounds like a connection issue to me. You are connecting locally so there is no latency. However those connecting externally are dealing with latency. Since it is all the other players, unless they are all on same network, it suggests that you don't have adequate upload speed, you are being throttled or there is a bad node between you and them.

I was wondering if it was a connection issue. my upload speed isn't great. Posted Image

The strange part of this all is that The host and I played for a good week straight on his server with no problems. Then, when the other player wanted to join, we started a new server and this lag started. Every server launched from that point on seems to have this problem.

Questions: Based on what TheDude posted as his specs,

1) Is there a recommended version of JAVA to use with the current release of TFP?

2) Is there a recommended JVM Argument for clients and a server launch.bat?

I guess he could upgrade to Java 8. As I said it likely isn't an issue of the server itself. It is the hosts speed that is critical. Sometimes it can be an issue in the path information flows between server and client, but you stated that everyone is having same issue. Is host playing on the same computer that is hosting the server? If so does the lag occur when they don't have client running?

Problem Resolved! Updated Forge on the server, removed old versions of Java, downloaded the latest Version of Java and changed the JVM Argument to:

java -Xms1G -Xmx2G -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.3.1388-1.7.10-universal.jar nogui

PAUSE
The biggest difference in performance boost came when the Host changed the JVM argument. The old argument was loading Java7 and I think he was also running 8 for his client. It may have been that or the garbage collection argument that was causing the delays. Either way, it works fine now. No more delay. 

Just want to say since I've been playing this pack, only after I started making Cogs of the Machine items did my inventory (except where my avatar and the crafting grid is shown, and when looking into containers) start disappearing when I open it. Just a simple graphical issue, and putting away any Cogs of the Machine items seems to fix it so far. Not sure if it's something that can be fixed or not.. :PJust figure I'd make you aware this is happening.And maybe help anyone else who has had this happen with this pack and isn't sure what's happening.. though this may not be the only cause/fix of it. Simply my experience, so far it's the only bug I've ran into.

Just want to say since I've been playing this pack, only after I started making Cogs of the Machine items did my inventory (except where my avatar and the crafting grid is shown, and when looking into containers) start disappearing when I open it. Just a simple graphical issue, and putting away any Cogs of the Machine items seems to fix it so far. Not sure if it's something that can be fixed or not.. :PJust figure I'd make you aware this is happening.And maybe help anyone else who has had this happen with this pack and isn't sure what's happening.. though this may not be the only cause/fix of it. Simply my experience, so far it's the only bug I've ran into.

ive had the same problem

Help, I would love to play this game, was so excited, but I cannot get terrafirmapunk to launch. 

Other mods load and launch fine, just not terrafirmapunk.

Am I doing something wrong?

Probably yes. We'd to know what you are doing first.

Hi,

So I'm trying to run a server the only problem is that when a client connects their game will crash and throw missing file errors UNLESS they have opened up a ssp world prior to attempting to connect to the server. I have a feeling that this is because somethings are not getting loaded in when connecting to a server but they will load in ssp. So if you load them in ssp first than when you connect to a server they're already loaded. The weird thing is that as far as I can tell the missing files aren't all from the same mod or similar mods. I was wondering if anybody has experienced this problem or knows how to fix it. It's not a huge deal because everything works if you load ssp first but it is a major inconvenience.

Thanks

Hi,

So I'm trying to run a server the only problem is that when a client connects their game will crash and throw missing file errors UNLESS they have opened up a ssp world prior to attempting to connect to the server. I have a feeling that this is because somethings are not getting loaded in when connecting to a server but they will load in ssp. So if you load them in ssp first than when you connect to a server they're already loaded. The weird thing is that as far as I can tell the missing files aren't all from the same mod or similar mods. I was wondering if anybody has experienced this problem or knows how to fix it. It's not a huge deal because everything works if you load ssp first but it is a major inconvenience.

Thanks

That would only happen if you are using 79.18, and addons that haven't updated to 79.18 that add anvil recipes. Either downgrade the TFC version, or update the addons.

Do you think you might update to 79.18 soon OneWolfe?

I've been enjoying this pack for a couple weeks now, very interesting mix of mods. One problem has come up though, I can't seem to find any vanilla items to use in the fermentor. Am I not looking hard enough or are other people in the same boat....

Nevermind, I found some vanilla vines so I'm all set now.

this modpack didint update since 3 months i have started to think he left this pack

Not abandoned.  I found a recent post from Onewolfe in the FTB forums for this modpack.  Here's what he said: 

I got trapped in IRL and going crazy trying to buy a new house and move into it. My wife and I seem to be settled in now so I plan to start working on the pack again but it will take some time before anything gets published since the next update will be a complete overhaul as there is a lot of messy scripting and some of the core mods are just more trouble than they are worth. So when version 2.0 does come out it will be very different than any of the 1.X versionsI do hope to have something by the end of August or very early in September.

hey onewolfe was wondering about scripting. ive been wanting to add in some other mods to tfc but i cant seem to figure out how to add things to tfc firepit or crucible... got any ideas?

TerraFirmaTweaker is a Module of ModTweaker2 that was put as its own mod. However it isn't compiled so you'd have to build it yourself. Alternatively use a modtweaker2 version that still has TFC module.

There is a heat module that lets you put things in firepit/forge, I've given some instructions in a thread in addons and applications discussion tread.

You can't add anything to the crucible.