Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Seldron

[Offline] Nessaja TFCraft Minecraft Server

307 posts in this topic

some of us have been trying to set up a basic economy with gems, seeing as they are currently useless. i posted a general discussion topic to get input from other servers in case they had good systems in place. please visit the thread to add your input as well.

I was grieved anvil was stolen and bellows broke my bloomery i dont see and ore missing my rare zom drops are gone and and all my gunpowder.

That sucks about the griefing problem, and my house going up in flames :(. I wrote a utility that I use for my bukkit server a few months ago which stops the server, and zips up the entire server directory every 6 hours or so (configurable), then restarts the server. This was just something quick I put together while I figured out how to use CoreProtect. Its not the best way to maintain backups of a server, but its better than having to deal with losing everything from griefers. The tool doesnt need to use bukkit, its basically a shell, and would be no different from you manually stopping the server every so often, zipping up the server folder as a backup then restarting it, although it is quite a bit faster. You can have this for the server until there is an actual block logging utility to use if you want, but remember... restoring a backup from a zip means everyone loses all progress from the current time to the last backup, which if the backup interval is a day or something, could be a substantial amount of work.

I'm actually a programmer myself and yeah bukkit won't work for now. TFC is not bukkit compatible.

I set up a runlevel script for minecraft in general which actually has complete backup functionality build in.

The problems are not the backups. The problems are the restores. Nessaja isn't a full managed server where a grieving will be seen instantly. Partial restores are not possible and doing a full restore is like a rollback for every one involved. To do destroy progress of severall hours for all players is a rather drastic move which may do more harm than good.

I will add OP/MOD to choc for now. I just hope he knows what he has loaded on him workload wise with that move though *smiles*.

As soon as i find time I will add a shell access and restore/restart functionality to that, if he shows he knows how to work in a linux shell environment.

I will add OP/MOD to choc for now. I just hope he knows what he has loaded on him workload wise with that move though *smiles*.

As soon as i find time I will add a shell access and restore/restart functionality to that, if he shows he knows how to work in a linux shell environment.

i suggest you have a PM conversation with choc about it. we nominated him based on his interest and willingness to aid the community and apparent leadership skills. i am unsure of his technical capability to handle op tools, so he may need some training beforehand. if he is a capable learner though (which i think he would be) he would definitely reduce your workload at least in being able to police the server or some other small mundane chores that you need to do relating to the server, we want you to enjoy the server as much as we do, after all!

I'm actually a programmer myself and yeah bukkit won't work for now. TFC is not bukkit compatible.

I set up a runlevel script for minecraft in general which actually has complete backup functionality build in.

The problems are not the backups. The problems are the restores. Nessaja isn't a full managed server where a grieving will be seen instantly. Partial restores are not possible and doing a full restore is like a rollback for every one involved. To do destroy progress of severall hours for all players is a rather drastic move which may do more harm than good.

That sounds like a decent solution. The main reason I am still running the tool I made on my bukkit server is that is restarts the server on an automated schedule, CoreProtect does all I need for logging :P. If you already have backups from your startup script then this would be pretty useless for you (cept for maybe that it sends out an email when its finished letting you know if it completed or not). It may be possible to write some mod for the server which just subscribes to events (block placed, destroyed, item used, etc) and logs ID's and stuff via SQL to accomplish block logging, but unfortunately, I know pretty much Zero about the TFC object model (or any flavor of minecraft for that matter) and... I hate java (not that I cant write in it... it can just be mind numbingly stupid sometimes) so I wouldn't be able to write it without doing tons of reading, and I likely wouldnt be able to keep up with Bioxx in terms of developement cuz my job keeps me pretty busy... Maybe when TFC is more stable I'll explore this solution a bit more.

Also Congrats to Choco!

thanks guys :)

sorry about my absence, i had some things to attend to IRL. I will happily accept the role of mod, and with my induction this server shall know fear.. i mean compliance! ... i mean, >.> <.< shall know peace! ;)

also, im rather unfamiliar with the commands and tools available to me, so i would love it if someone had a link to somewhere that has it all in a list.

thanks guys, you really honor me with your votes :)

-Choc

also it doesnt seem like im OPed, i cant do a /op chocmerc command, nor can i change game mode.

Thats because no one gave me the correct ingame name :-)

The tools you have available are pretty much limited to basic vanilla OP stuff.

You can use NEI in cheat mode to replace grieved items till we may find other solutions.

You can TP to players or players to you (only for problem solutuions - no free TPs!

You can change gamemode allowing you to fly (to get back to your home fe. after tping to players with problems).

You can make day to avoid all players havving to go to bed at the same time. (please allways use NEI sunset if you do - NEVER use the set time command as it messes with the TFC calendar).

Thanks seldron :D

your the best :3

ill have my slaves begin constructing my tower, from which all will be yoked to the engine that is my desire! MUAHAHAHA!!!!

thanks for replying i was like wtf! i leave for a couple hours and cant get on.

ive been building canals all over the place to facilitate my boat travel since there was no gold for powered rails (couldnt get nther portals to light)

why do we need a efficient system of travel when you can sprint forever?

boat is faster and sprinting consumed hunger faster

Also its nicer when you dont have to slow down to jump over mountains or go around a ravine

if it's anything like my local server, I doubt it'll be back up for a while, can't get the world to allow me to join it, it spawns it fine, but as soon as I connect and begin to download the world, Minecraft Crashes.

Tried re-installing both the single player client and multi-player server files about 10 times, even fully deleted everything on the server and began again with a newly downloaded server.jar, still won't let me log on.

Can't see anything else online about it, tried a search on Google regarding the error message, nothing.

Suppose that is the very nature of testing something that's in development, sure it'll get patched or fixed soon, might have another try at re-installing everything.... might. It all worked fine prior to me installing Beta 2 Build 46b (Build 46 had some.... issues lol). SSP works though, so at least I can do something with the Mod :D.

Cheers,

NewClear83

2012-07-18 20:58:04 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

Something went wrong around 2 hours ago.

I'll restart the server.