Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sladki

[TFC 0.79.29] Cellars Addon

196 posts in this topic

Recipes:

Spoiler

anlg8S3.png

RiN8zrY.png

Building manual:

Spoiler

The cellar is 4 height blocks structure. To build you will need Cellar Wall blocks, Cellar Shelf blocks, 1 Ice Bunker and 2 Cellar Doors.
The maximum inner size of the cellar is 7x2x7.
Place an Ice Bunker block and place up to 4 cellar wall block at row on each side of the ice bunker block. The maximum distance between a wall and an ice bunker block is 3.

04RDU3p.png

Complete the floor and build the walls

WmCwg1I.png
Build the ceiling
qh3exUP.png
Make an entrance
dhPPe6A.pngxDtSBWG.png
And place Cellar Shelf blocks or barrels inside the structure.
Note: the blocks inside the cellar can only be Cellar Shelf blocks, TFC Barrels(however items stored in barrels will decay as usual), signs or air. Any other blocks are not allowed.
4Q9a6qs.png

TYdmjHR.png

Usage tips:

• Load an Ice Bunker with coolant (Snow and Ice blocks) to lower the temperature inside and prevent stored food from decay.
  • The volume and environmental temperature affects coolant consumption rate
  • Make an Ice Saw to gather Ice blocks.
  • Make sure that your cellar has two doors and both are closed. But there is no need to close after one entered a cellar: the cellar will keep the temperature some time and opened doors will not raise the latter significantly.
  • Ice Bunker and Cellar Shelf GUIs have info icon: hover a mouse over it to get information about the temperature inside.
  • Try to build a cellar in a one chunk.

Downloads

Alternative textures

Changelog:

Spoiler

Info in GUIs
Temperature rebalance
Fixes and small additions

Shelves slots fix

Updated to TFC 0.79.24
(by raymondbh)

Fixes and tweaks

Config added
Fixes

0.79.18 updgrade
Snow blocks are consumable again

0.79.16 upgrade

Sign are allowed inside cellars
Doors crash fix

Anvil recipe is fixed

Fixes

Cellars have adjustable size
Ice bunker does not consumes snow blocks
Ice saw blade plan is being registered correctly

TFC barrels are allowed inside cellars
Other fixes

Git

Spoiler

Git

Feel free to include this addon to your modpack.

Edited by Sladki

Ok so this is officially awesome! I have been trying to build a working cold cellar with the base mechanics of terrafirmacraft but I hadn't been able to get it to work. I will definitely be testing then adding it to my TFC++ modpack as soon as I can green light it as a release safe mod that has no conflicts. Very good work! Small suggestion, perhaps make this register 5x5 internal spaces as well as barrels as valid storage units? barrels have long been a valid means of storage for many things in cold rooms.

links are for automated bellow

Oops, fixed.

Ok so this is officially awesome! I have been trying to build a working cold cellar with the base mechanics of terrafirmacraft but I hadn't been able to get it to work. I will definitely be testing then adding it to my TFC++ modpack as soon as I can green light it as a release safe mod that has no conflicts. Very good work! Small suggestion, perhaps make this register 5x5 internal spaces as well as barrels as valid storage units? barrels have long been a valid means of storage for many things in cold rooms.

I'll try to add 5x5 cellars and barrels.

This looks interesting, I will have to give it a try :D

This is a very, very promising looking addon and I have a perfect place for it in my current world! I can't wait to give it a try. Is that smithing recipe that's shown for the ice saw? Also, what is the interaction with the shelves? Do they have inventory slots, how many, and what can we put in them?

This is a very, very promising looking addon and I have a perfect place for it in my current world! I can't wait to give it a try. Is that smithing recipe that's shown for the ice saw? Also, what is the interaction with the shelves? Do they have inventory slots, how many, and what can we put in them?

Yes, that is recipe for ice saw blade. The shelves are containers, has 14 slots each and can store food only. One cellar with 12 shelves can store up to 12*14=168 food items or 168*160=26880Oz of food. The shelves slows decay rate because they has temp range 1°C(the ice bunker has coolant and both doors are closed)-9°C(the ice bunker is empty and both doors are opened), but if the cellar is not complete the temperature of environment will be used in decay calculations.

Looks really cool !

Does it totally stop decay or just slow it down though ? I would kinda feel like cheating when it conserves food forever

Looks really cool !

Does it totally stop decay or just slow it down though ? I would kinda feel like cheating when it conserves food forever

just check the post over, he said that it is not changing the decay rate but the temperature, and as we should all know, decay rate is slower at low temperature.

I'd make the point that a snow golem can provide unlimited snow all year round, making the use of snow blocks quite exploitable.

Just to know, the pattern of the cellar is that precise one in size the shape? we can't build a bigger cellar am i right? that is only for info, i don't even know what a single person (in single player) would do with 750kg of food eheh..

Oh one more question, snow and ice will melt wherever we will put them right? so one should make a big stock of them to keep up from one winter to the next one

Just to know, the pattern of the cellar is that precise one in size the shape? we can't build a bigger cellar am i right? that is only for info, i don't even know what a single person (in single player) would do with 750kg of food eheh..

Oh one more question, snow and ice will melt wherever we will put them right? so one should make a big stock of them to keep up from one winter to the next one

Balthizarlucien i took some of your ideas for the mod pack and my gameplay got way better :D

Edited by SteAStro88

I'd make the point that a snow golem can provide unlimited snow all year round, making the use of snow blocks quite exploitable.

You are right. It seems that I have to remove the usage of snow blocks.

One size now, but I am working on cellars with adjustable size (up to 5x2x5 volume).

The ice bunker has 4 slots storage and variable "coolant amount" (CA). When CA is 0, 1 item from the storage is consumed and CA is set to 6, if the item is ice block, or to 3, if snow block. CA is decreased by 1 per minecraft day (It has a little bug now, but I will fix it).

Small suggestion, perhaps make this register 5x5 internal spaces as well as barrels as valid storage units? barrels have long been a valid means of storage for many things in cold rooms.

I can't change decay behavior of the existing barrels, but I can create new barrels (with oak wood texture)

Edited by Sladki

I can't change decay behavior of the existing barrels, but I can create new barrels (with oak wood texture)

That would be good :) If i can store things like fruit in them or perhaps wine? (havent gotten that far in TFC to know if wine exists) then I will be quite happy :) I wish I could use them to make pickles though.... but that would require cukes to be added and then seasonings etc.... a project for a later date me thinks! lol (I bet an expanded cooking mod would be fun. I will have to see what I can whip up hehe)

That would be good :) If i can store things like fruit in them or perhaps wine? (havent gotten that far in TFC to know if wine exists) then I will be quite happy :) I wish I could use them to make pickles though.... but that would require cukes to be added and then seasonings etc.... a project for a later date me thinks! lol (I bet an expanded cooking mod would be fun. I will have to see what I can whip up hehe)

pickeling and alcool are already in tfc.

I don't care if putting food in the barrels do not give bonus, but it would be nice if they could at least be placed without breaking the validity of the cellar. For example, i want to put barrels of alcool along the food in the cellar, then it would work.

Adding a cellar barrel that can only store and not process is also a valid possibility.

So I built this in a creative world, loaded the ice bunker with ice,  and shift-right-clicked on it. I got the message that "it's freezing here" so I'm guessing all is well. Then when I check F3, it still shows the temp at 25c which is basically the same as the exterior temperature. Have I done something wrong? Is it working even though the debug screen says that it isn't? Great add-on, BTW, I can't wait to put it to use!

So I built this in a creative world, loaded the ice bunker with ice,  and shift-right-clicked on it. I got the message that "it's freezing here" so I'm guessing all is well. Then when I check F3, it still shows the temp at 25c which is basically the same as the exterior temperature. Have I done something wrong? Is it working even though the debug screen says that it isn't? Great add-on, BTW, I can't wait to put it to use!

Nope, you have done all right.

It doesn't change the temperature of environment, but the temp of the addon's containers. I can't change the tfc temp and I can't change the decay tick method of tfc containers(each tfc container has a method to make stored items decay and uses the temp of environment - that is why items inside containers from other mods doesn't decay), so creating new containers with custom method is only the option.

Thanks! It's a shame you can't actually change the TFC temp, but this seems like a solid solution. I actually tested it and the food inside is decaying much slower that the copies with the same decay values in my inventory (copied with creative) so yeah, it's working! Now to see if it works on the server. We've changed the year length and set the server to only tick 1/1000 when idle so you don't know of any problems that might cause with the addon, do you? I'll report back if anything goes wrong.

Download links are not working; Pages are not loading.

This is op for refined grains pretty much infinite lol but there should be a higher tier cellars. Metal sheets on the outside walls and top makes it a bit colder but you want to keep these metalized cellars underground or the get very hot

This is op for refined grains pretty much infinite lol but there should be a higher tier cellars. Metal sheets on the outside walls and top makes it a bit colder but you want to keep these metalized cellars underground or the get very hot

putting metal plating underground.... then leaving a large air gap ? not sure it's a good idea.

On my side I would suggest to make it impossible to store grain in cellar shelf, an make a silo structure, like a 3x3x3 block that must be supported on legs, and it could only store grain.

putting metal plating underground.... then leaving a large air gap ? not sure it's a good idea.

On my side I would suggest to make it impossible to store grain in cellar shelf, an make a silo structure, like a 3x3x3 block that must be supported on legs, and it could only store grain.

I dont get the air gap thing but i agree on the silo. also maybe food inside the cellar would have the frozen title and to be eaten have to be reheated in a firepit or grill

The sheet is a block, but only occupies 1/8th of the block, leaving 7/8ths of air. Oh and metal is generally a terrible insulator.

I dont get the air gap thing but i agree on the silo. also maybe food inside the cellar would have the frozen title and to be eaten have to be reheated in a firepit or grill

the metal sheet use the space of a block, but is only covering a layer of the face where you put it. so if you have a metal plate, then you can not put dirt in the same space, so you end up with a gap between the dirt and the wall where you putted the metal sheet.

White colour metal sheets for heat radiation reflection? The cellar wall block has light colour and look at the recipe: clay, straw(air) and wood - materials with low thermal conductivity. I can add a check for stone or dirt layer on the top. Or I can add a check for height of cellar - it would have to be under the ocean level in order to work.