Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sladki

[TFC 0.79.29] Cellars Addon

196 posts in this topic

Looks like problem solved (we had very old forge). It works fine with 10.13.2.1291.

Bunsan: I don't think its problem if it keeps changing for example tetrahedrite into native copper or so. Its still copper with exactly same yield per nugget.

It is an issue when you have recipes that depend on malachite, limonite and hematite for dyes. That was just one of the more obvious unification issues.

Either way my point was more that the GT cfgs are a pain and were likely the source of the issue, not cellars. Glad you sorted it out. I enjoy GT, but the way he does unification and the inability to turn off his ore dictionary registration of other mods item/blocks or in-world unification drives me batty.

We're having trouble getting this to work on my family's server. It's working just fine for me in single-player, but the exact same structure (same as in OP) in multiplayer is always saying "the cellar is not complete or is not chilled yet". I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot this, but I'd really like to get it working.

Current Mods:

1.7.10/CodeChickenLib-1.7.10-1.1.1.93-universal.jar

[1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.18.673.jar

[1.7.10]TFCCellarsAddon-1.06.jar

ArchimedesShips-1.7.1.jar

BetterFoliage-1.0.0.jar

Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.0 - MC 1.7.10.jar

CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.2.9-universal.jar

fastcraft-1.12.jar

MineTweaker3-1.7.10-3.0.9B.jar

NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.2.15-universal.jar

PlayerAPI-1.7.10-1.1.jar

RenderPlayerAPI-1.7.10-1.0.jar

SmartCore-1.7.10-1.0.jar

SmartMoving-1.7.10-15.2.jar

SmartRender-1.7.10-2.0.jar

TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin-1.7.10-1.2.0.9.jar

No errors in the logs, or anything out of the ordinary. I'm not really sure why it would work fine in single-player and not multiplayer. If you have any thoughts let me know.

The addon updated.

We're having trouble getting this to work on my family's server. It's working just fine for me in single-player, but the exact same structure (same as in OP) in multiplayer is always saying "the cellar is not complete or is not chilled yet". I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot this, but I'd really like to get it working.

Please update the addon, launch your server, so the addon config file will appear, set "Debug" to true in that file and launch server again. After that, try to get information about a cellar as usual and look at the server console for debug information.

Sladki, thank you for the update. The debug mode helped locate an invalid block on one of the cellars and everything is working great now.

Thanks for this awesome mod!

Sladki, thank you for the update. The debug mode helped locate an invalid block on one of the cellars and everything is working great now.Thanks for this awesome mod!

Glad to hear. Don't forget to change "Debug" back to false.

I like your mod a lot, and its really cool (no pun intended :P); however could you see about making the cellar doors block out light, as it seems to be causing the food to decay.

this is a great mod its especially good for early on in the game before you are able to preserve all or most of your food in vinegar and more realistic that building a 1x1 tower to the height limit and building a room on top of it but i think you should make it so it actually decreases the temperature in it so if you press f3 you can see the temperature in the cellar 

Updated to 1.08

Might fix strange behavior when food in cellars suddenly vanishes or decays quickly. Cellars that has some of their blocks in more than one chunk should now work properly too.

i get this error everytime i load a world up with the mod its either creating a world or playing a world http://pastebin.com/6swGRJgy

TFC version? Is your forge updated? Are you using another mods, and if so, have you tried to run MC with TFC and this addon only?

this is a great mod its especially good for early on in the game before you are able to preserve all or most of your food in vinegar and more realistic that building a 1x1 tower to the height limit and building a room on top of it but i think you should make it so it actually decreases the temperature in it so if you press f3 you can see the temperature in the cellar 

I can't affect TFC temperature.

I like your mod a lot, and its really cool (no pun intended :P); however could you see about making the cellar doors block out light, as it seems to be causing the food to decay.

Light does not affect food decay.

Light does not affect food decay.

Yes it does. Light affects ambient temperature, which affects food decay. An area that is completely dark and is not exposed to the sky is 25% cooler than an area that has the full light level from torches.

Yes it does. Light affects ambient temperature, which affects food decay. An area that is completely dark and is not exposed to the sky is 25% cooler than an area that has the full light level from torches.

In "vanilla" it does. Cellar shelves uses custom decay tick, and this is one of the reasons why only few blocks are allowed to be used in cellars - assuming, that there are no sources of heat inside the properly working cellar, the doors are closed and if they are not, penalty applies to the temperature inside.

Edited by Sladki

Are your cellars not directly using the "vanilla" temperature? If the "vanilla" temperature is higher to begin with because of light, does that not mean that your custom decay tick is using that higher value as part of its calculations?

Are your cellars not directly using the "vanilla" temperature? If the "vanilla" temperature is higher to begin with because of light, does that not mean that your custom decay tick is using that higher value as part of its calculations?

No. A good fridge in Arctic will have almost the same temperature inside as the same fridge in Sakhara.

Can someone make a video showing how to build and how to know if its working?I want to know how it works, because i dont know if is the air that become cold (so it lose temperature every time the door open), or if the area bemcome cold, or if it occur magicaly.I want to know if any temperature changes (of the cellar) can be watched with F3.Is ice needed or it become cold without need any other items?With doors open i regain all temperature automatically or its gradual?

I know the OP/dev Sladki can explain better, but since I really like this addon and like making videos, I might be willing to make one for it if I have a chance.

From what I understand, though, this addon doesn't use the TFC temperature/decay mechanic, but instead overrides it with custom decay rates for the contents of the cellar, totally independent of the TFC temperatures for the blocks in the cellar. There are three possible states: 1) not a valid cellar interior (so uses default vanilla TFC decay/temp), 2) closed cellar with ice (very slow decay), 3) cellar w/o ice (slow decay). To check which of the three states your cellar is in, shift-right-click on the ice chest block with an open hand and the message will display whether you have no valid cellar (1), a really cold/freezing cellar (2), or a chilly cellar (3). So no, checking F3 won't give you anything meaningful on the state of the cellar. No, ice isn't needed, but it's better than not having it.

The open doors question isn't one I can really answer accurately. I believe to get the coldest setting (2) you need both ice in the chest and closed doors. Opening the doors will switch the state to (3) but I don't know how long that takes - I don't think it's immediate. Going by memory, if you have no ice in the chest, it might not matter if you leave the doors open because you'll just have a "chilly" cellar (3) anyway.

Is this a popular addon that a lot of people are interested in? Is it worth me doing the research and making a video? Obviously Sladki, as the dev, would be better. I'd be happy to produce the video with/for him if he wants.

Edited by micmastodon

Can someone make a video showing how to build and how to know if its working?

I want to know how it works, because i dont know if is the air that become cold (so it lose temperature every time the door open), or if the area bemcome cold, or if it occur magicaly.

I want to know if any temperature changes (of the cellar) can be watched with F3.

Is ice needed or it become cold without need any other items?

With doors open i regain all temperature automatically or its gradual?

Micmastodon said correctly and if I remember correctly he already have a video with building a 3x3 cellar. The largest 7x7 is almost the same, just make sure that distances between an  Ice Bunker block are less or equal 3 blocks and that the cellar box (Cellar is just a box with an IB block on the floor + an entrance) has entrance.

Also I've made this picture, hope it will give an answers:

Posted Image

Important: only Cellar Shelves containers will use cellar's temperature, all other containers will always use environment temperature in decay ticks.

Edited by Sladki

I made a cellar exactly how it was in this video

It just says that "The cellar is incomplete or is not chilled"

What is wrong with it?

I have also tried the way on the forum post, it did the same thing.

What is wrong with it?

Shouldn't the "Ice Bunker" block be in the middle of the floor? not to the far end...

What is wrong with it?

Change debug to true in the config, shift+right click on an Ice Bunker block.

Note: the blocks inside the cellar can only be Cellar Shelf blocks, TFC Barrels(however items stored in barrels will decay as usual), signs or air. Any other blocks are not allowed.

Monsters can spawn inside the cellar, Is it a bug?Im trying to put snowballs and snow cube inside the ice bunker but its dont enter,

Is it a bug?

Edited by Saberwulfy

Change debug to true in the config, shift+right click on an Ice Bunker block.

YES thank you! I guess that I just missed a dirt block. Does it always output to console or only with debug mode on? (I'm going to test it so you don't really have to answer.)

if anyone wants texture support for this, head over to my pack. ive got it covered :)
screenshot

Posted Image

@Sladki, take a look at github, gave you a little hand with the 0.79.23 update...