Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dominicinator

Just A Little Archery Tweak.

29 posts in this topic

One of the issues for me, and I believe for the Dev's too, is how to improve archery without making it too OP.

I have some ideas, but do not know if they are feasible or if they would achieve the objective.

The way I see, the bow was actually a very powerful weapon but it had some serious limitations, at short distance it was at the same time deadly and very dangerous for the archer, because there is no time for a second arrow. 

I like the fact that using an armor slows down the bow. 

Now Is it possible for example to:

• Remove the cross-hairs,  that would create and in real life skill to have to guess where the arrow would land.
  • Increase the curve in the arrow path, so you have to point your bow higher than where you want to hit.
    • This could also be used with different bows, so a long bow would go farther and have a smaller curve at short distance
  • For what I understand the Dev's have not found a way to convey wobbling, Looks like is hard to make a bad weapon. 

I do not believe with everything that is going on, that they will tackle Archery  right now, but, who knows? I also am not certain this is the most important thing to work on now.

<snip>

Now Is it possible for example to:

<snip>

• Increase the curve in the arrow path, so you have to point your bow higher than where you want to hit.

This is already a thing - Have you ever tried shooting things from a great distance? You have to aim quite a bit higher than the target.

This is already a thing - Have you ever tried shooting things from a great distance? You have to aim quite a bit higher than the target.

That's why I said Increase , but it's all conjectures, It does not mean it can or will be done, and if it would actually help to balance the gameplay.

Edit: The bow's damage scales linearly after the point where you can fire, so it looks something like

Seconds   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10Damage    0%  ---------   0%  10%      50%       100%

If I wanted to do a "half charge", I would have to draw for 7-8 seconds, and at that point I may as well go the full 10 seconds.

I just saw this edit, and wanted to point out that it is completely wrong. The damage scales linearly from the very start, the difference is that we won't let you fire until the force, and therefore damage hit's at least a specific value.

This is how it actually works for a player in full metal armor, including the fact that a fully drawn bow does a critical hit.

Seconds   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   8.74  8.75Damage    0%  11% 23% 34% 46% 57% 69% 80% 91% 99%   150%

We just won't let you fire until the damage has hit at least 20%.