Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
KyleMan

Better Temperature

Better temperature items   15 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be things for better temp.?

• Yeah this would really help in the new update
    • Nah. Let the creators choose

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

In the new update for temperature i think that there should be some better things for staying cool/warm. Well lets get rolling!

First off we've got the wool cloth armor, it wouldnt provide much protection, but it can keep you pretty warm, and mixed with leather! Heat ception.

Next over here is the hats, straw, Leather, cloth! the posibilities are.... well limited :/, but can keep your precious noggin out of the sun!

Finally we have the items, thermal stone! It can keep a warm charge for those cold nights and can be reheated by throwing in a firepit or forge. (Primitive) Ice pack! Made with leather, metal sheets and string with supplied with snow balls/ice can keep you nice and frosty! +melts into water!

I know some of these things have been suggested im just throwing my ideas into the "thinky box"

Edited by KyleMan

Really, a stone age ice pack made from metal

By primative i meant not like plastic and coolant liquid ice packs :/. I guess i could have said early ice pack

And in heat of summer when cooling would be benificial where would they find ice and snow? Harvesting and storing ice for use all year is outside the time frame of TFC.

Well in the update additions there would be ways of preserving foods? I presume ice boxes for storing ice and storing foods and cant you make giant "refrigerators" in the sky? Maybe a passive freezer that would turn 3000 milibuckets of water into some ice if its cold enough, oh and salt on cold stuff makes it colder i think

Edited by KyleMan

There has been no indication of any new preservation methods in the works. There has been no plans mentioned for players to be able to gather ice. The mass storage of ice was done in some cultures at roughly the time of TFC, but it was not prevalent in western culture which is the inspiration. As far as I understand it, it was only really viable in large quantities (surface area to volume).

As for the refrigerator in the sky. That is using the mechanics of the mod. Personally I find the towers like that cheaty and ugly. Mine is on a mountain top. Even at build limit it is above zero during summer months at latitude -13000.

I can't imagine the devs are planning any sort of ice/snow cooling, especially for personal cooling. I certainly have never heard of any culture doing such a thing. Can you give a reference.

As for salt, that isn't how it works. Any impurity in water that disrupts the ability of water to crystallize will lower its freezing temperature. So salt doesn't make water colder, it just allows it to be a liquid below 0oC. This is how road salt works. In fact the disolving of salt in water actually produces some heat. Not much, but it is an exothermic process.

couldnt it do like a building check that it has to be a rock building with metal sheets on the ceiling and outside walls at a cold enough temp would make it a cold room? If not you can always make underground cellars...

Have you read my post about a plan for body temperature being added in the future?

Warm clothes for winter.(stops loosing heat)

Straw hat for summer?.(prevents from overheating). Good and simple idea.

Materials for warm clothes? Wool/hide/fur? I guess wool is sufficient.

I think it wont be smart puting stones and ice in your pockets just to get warm/cool. :)

(Dont Starve?)

Warm clothes for winter.(stops loosing heat)Straw hat for summer?.(prevents from overheating). Good and simple idea.Materials for warm clothes? Wool/hide/fur? I guess wool is sufficient.I think it wont be smart puting stones and ice in your pockets just to get warm/cool. :)(Dont Starve?)

Yeah I started to think that too, Thermal stones are way too modern to be a thing in this era, and yeah i started to think about dont starve when i wrote this :P

I was thinking something along the same line, especially make wearing clothing outside during the winter so you don't freeze.  I am doing a terrafirmacraft series on youtube and am adding some of these elements into my roleplaying even though it technecally isn't a thing.  I'm getting ready for my first winter and am planning to go hunting for the express purpose to get more leather to make boots and a hat to stay warm. But woolen clothing should be a thing.