Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Neurovore

[Solved] Smoked meat

5 posts in this topic

So after a great deal of prep work, I was finally able to get together brine, and got a full 160 oz stack of meat. I brined the meat, then set up a string across a campfire to smoke the meat. I got the fire going, and successfully got the visual of meat hanging on a string over a fire.

My question is, when is it "done" and how do I harvest it? I couldn't tell any change in the graphics of the meat nor the string. I right clicked it and nothing happened. I kept the fire going for a couple days thinking something would eventually change. Based on the amount of brine that was used up this didn't set off any alarm bells for me. After a long while the meat simply disappeared. It was lost.

What did I do wrong? How should I have been able to harvest this? How long should the smoking process take? The wiki is completely empty on the smoke rack. There also appears to be a "drying" process that may or may not be different than the smoking process. What is that? Previous smoke rack discussions only got me to the point of being able to hang the meat on the string.

You right click the meat on the string to harvest it. After a certain period of time, the meat will be dried, regardless of if you use a firepit or not. Just keep checking it periodically, and put it back on the line if it's not done yet. If you are using a firepit, eventually the meat will become smoked, and the small white square tying the meat to the line will turn black. Could you please post a screenshot of your setup? The firepit has to be in a specific spot in relation to the yarn line in order for it to actually smoke the meat.

Your meat disappeared because even while it is on the line, it still decays. You left it on the line long enough for it to decay away completely.

Drying meat only takes 4 hours to complete. Smoking meat shouldn't take more than 12 hours to complete. (Both in-game hours, not real life)

Just right click? right click with a knife? empty hand? while crouched? I couldn't seem to get it to work.

I had 2, 2x1 high plank blocks on either side of a firepit. The string between them was running N/S, and 1 block above the firepit. The holding block never turned black.

Edited by Neurovore

Just right click. Empty hand or not empty hand. Crouching (while not holding a block/tool that has a right click place/use since crouching is default override standard behavior for item use) or not crouching. Doesn't matter. Make sure you are actually targeting the line itself, and not the food, since the food has no hitbox.

I didn't know you can smoke meat until now, lol