Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zandesh

[Solved] Total darkness untill you get a certain height

24 posts in this topic

TFC Version #: TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.17.645 Forge Version #: forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1291-universal Please note that an actual number must be provided for both of the above fields.Simply saying "current" or "latest" will result in your post being locked, due to the fact that in a large number of cases, users who say they are using the "latest" or "current" version are actually using an outdated version. SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): SSP/SMP Description:  Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No): No Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed? (Yes/No): If yes, which mods? WAILA + Fastcraft  I seem to have a total darkness on the entire map like it's night, however when I get to a certain height, then it all normalizes, but below 10 blocks height, then it's like it's constant night, and i can't figure out what it is

Could you please be more specific? What do you mean when you say "below 10 blocks height" ? Is there a specific y-level coordinate that this is happening at?

Also, you answered no to the config answer. Please make sure to delete your configs and answer yes to that question. The only reason that question is there is because deleting your configs solves a lot of bugs.

Screenshots to show your problem would also be very helpful.

Edited by Kittychanley

You loaded up a vanilla world. That is not a TFC world.

Thanks for the quick reply, which code should i be writing to make sure it level loads a TFC world?

Any code. That world was generated before TFC was installed. You have to generate the world after you've installed TFC. If this is on a server, delete the world folder, and make sure the server has TFC installed too.

I have reinstalled everything, both my client and also on my server, and the problem still persists.

Did you delete the world folder? Don't reinstall everything. Just open up your server, confirm that TFC is in the mods folder on the server, and then delete the world folder on the server.

Yeah I did, and it's still dark, and it still does not load the TFC world, and I just did what you said. 

When I say "delete the world folder" I mean to delete whatever folder you have your world save located in on the server. If you have multiple worlds, delete them all.

Please post a screenshot of the mods folder of your server.

You are using the forge.jar file to start the server right?

Posted Image

I have no idea on what's that is supposed to tell me besides that it crashed

Do you not have access to the server console? It appears that what you were looking at is the multicraft console, not the server console. The server console will tell you why you crashed, or tell you if a crash report was generated. If you have no idea how to access the server console, then go look in the crash reports folder. It's very likely there is a crash report there telling you what happened.

Edit: How did you install forge? Did you actually run the installer and then copy all of the files over? Or did you just drop that universal file in your jars folder, which will not work?

Posted Image

You did not properly install forge.

My steps was: 
http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.7.10.html

Downloaded 10.13.2.1291 

Installed the client + server

Dragged the server jars to my server 

And then http://gyazo.com/02330b9c48c3d6fc73c6a01858f5796f happens. 

I suspect it might be the hosting company then causing trouble, because I have to according to their system to put the jar files in a folder called jar, because it can not load it if it's in the main folder with all the other stuff. Could this cause the trouble?

Possibly. You should be dragging a whole lot more than just the server jars to your server though. If you run the installer on your desktop to a blank folder to create a server, you'll notice that it generates mutliple folders and files. You need to copy all of those files to your server.

I have tried everything, also copying all of the files in the map. I give up for now, it's just not possible for me, whatever I do. However, thank you for your patience and support :)

I would suggest that you contact your hosting company for support on how to run a modded forge server. From everything I saw in this topic, your server was just running vanilla, which is the cause of your issue.

Posted Image

seems like you have not read and agreed the EULA (eula.txt)

but that is probably not the first reported problem

Edited by CHeuberger

Posted Image

seems like you have not read and agreed the EULA (eula.txt)

but that is probably not the first reported problem

Yeah, that was after i tried to re-install everything, but it just too damn weird, now it works in SSP, but for some damn reason i can't get the server to work properly :( 

And the guys at my hosting company just posts some automated answers. So i guess i'll have to give up now!