Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KyleMan

TFC Factions Server?

Should there be a tfc factions server?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be one or no?

• Yes, I would like to see wars in tfc!
    • Maybe, Im not sure.
    • No, let tfc be in war free standards

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

I was playing tfc multiplayer and i thought, "Hmm, i wonder what a tfc factions server would be like?" so i ask for a tfc factions server. maybe you can add like a towny and factions plugin merge. the power system of factions and the outpost sytem of towny. if anyone can make this it would be appriciated!

Edited by KyleMan

It sure would be interesting, I'd like to know a lot more details and perspectives before I'd even consider starting a server on the concept.

I would much like this too as me and my friends have been looking for something like this for awhile. The only servers i found seem to be none pvp or plain vanilla with no rules at all. I have consider hosting my own server with only factions or mytown but with the TFC++ modpack or something like it

Well, It might need to be a sorta modpack server. Since tnt is un craftable i think, and if it is it would be hard to make a tnt cannon (Which doesnt make sense in the tfc time frame or any when else). So you might need ancient warfare and minetweaker, for shooting cannons and launching catapults.

In my opinion TFC Factions is not a great idea. TFC requires quite a lot of time to get things up and running. A lot more so than regular Minecraft. With Factions you should expect all your stuff to be destroyed on a regular basis. I don't think this combines well with TFC. I would expect players to leave such a server quite quickly after they loose hours of work.

Fortunately people are free to setup any kind of TFC server they like and I encourage people to do so. After all the more TFC servers the better. I'm just saying that I wouldn't want to host such a server.

I think the the main difference is that in Vanilla is possible to go from fresh spawning in a new world to have Diamonds in 5 minutes. I Dare someone to try and have Blue/Red steel in one hour. I personally like the idea of an Arena where players can combat.  but do you really want someone to come and actually destroy your blast furnace ?

I guess is a question of personal taste, in any case be very  Welcome to the server admin community, and if there is anything we can do to help, just ask. 

I have been using Cauldron since is the only way to fully administer and protect your server. Cauldron needs a few extra steps, but is not really hard to use. If you plan on renting a Hosted Minecraft, make sure your Hosting allows for the upload of Jar files. I would recommend renting a dedicated server, as tfc is very CPU demanding and does not play well on a share environment.

The problem with all theses nonpvp servers is within a week you get to red/blue steel and then there is nothing really left to use it on. As pvp would make it so you have to keep on progressing. Even then war wouldn't be the number one action you would want. You may pursue peaceful negotiations first. However sometimes war is the only way to get results so you would want friends and allies in the war which could promote trading by giving people free items in exchange for their help in the war. Then after the war is done both sides will suffer some loss so to regain they may trade with other nations to get back were they started before the war.

In theory that sounds nice. But in practice that's not how it works.

The negotiations would go something like this:

Player A: Give us your stuff.

Player B: No.

Player A: WAR!!!

Then the whole thing turns into chaos where people are raiding villages left and right because, it's war and collateral damage seems acceptable. Players who just wanted to build a town and play the game leave frustrated because all of their effort just got stolen or griefed. The pvp fans leave shortly after that because there is no one left to raid.

We have seen this happen several times now on our servers. The players who like factions, raiding and pvp are usually not the ones who stick around and help build a server and a community. And they are almost never the ones who stick around to rebuild after the war.

But like I said before. If you want a factions server, create one and see how it goes. 10 people voted they would like such a server. So you should get at least 10 players, that's more than enough to have a war with. Who knows, maybe this time things will be different.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0