Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Teircen

[Rule #1] Crop irrigation

2 posts in this topic

I suspect something along the lines of my idea has been posted at some point but after looking around a bit I didn't see it so, just in case it hadn't been proposed, I wanted to offer it up.I like that moving source block water requires high end / end game level abilities.  Actual source block water is a powerful thing.One thing I'd like to be is less dependent on making crops near lakes.  I don't necessarily need to have water drawn massive distances but extending the range to make nice crop areas would be an improvement to "civilizing" an area.The best way I could see to do this would be to allow for piped irrigation.  Typically in an early civilization you're going to run into issues with water pressure moving water any distance.  Once easy solution is to create a water wheel (even a small one) perhaps turning an Archimedes screw to lift water up to a holding tank from which water pressure is created.  This would mean players would still need to craft the water wheel, the Archmiedes screw, and the holding tank then after that pipes, or even just troughs of some sort, could act as "flowing water" over a tiered distance.  Bamboo works well as a simple piping system and perhaps we could substitute reeds (vanilla minecraft sugar plants) as a component for making reed pipes that could be used to move water from a pump station or holding tank out to the crop area.Having never tried creating actual Minecraft blocks and mechanics I really don't know if the idea would be feasibly implementable but the real life idea is simple enough that I think the theme would fit well with Terrafirmacraft theme.  Maybe it could be as simple as using an Archimedes screw or some other pump to create a source block near a water source but at a higher elevation and then just leave it up to the players to create their own wood water passages.  This would allow them to create flowing water on a tiered system at least without having to either dig massive (shallow) crop pits to extend length or without having to move the source water blocks themselves.So, that's the idea shared.  If it's completely unusable due to mechanics, not in line with what you think works, or just plain nuts I won't be offended if you said so.  I just wanted to share the though.TFC is a great mod and my clear favorite.  Thanks for creating it and all the work you put into it!

There's a search bar in the upper right. In the future you should use it to search for your suggestion before posting it, as per rule #1 of the suggestions forum. If you type Irrigation into that box while looking at the suggestions forum, you'll see all the following posts where this was already suggested.

... and many more.

This topic has been locked since there's simply too many duplicates of this suggestion to merge it into an existing one, and the suggestion has added nothing new to the discussion.