Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkLadyPhoenix

A topic of concern

13 posts in this topic

Lately, and by that I mean our past maps- one V29 world and two V36 worlds, I have had a terrible time working above ground.

Any time I try to build a house or tree farm, I end up spending more time filling in holes from a cave in by walking on dirt than I do building said house.

If I don't fill the holes in, then zombies, spiders and other nasties spawn and spend their time endlessly clipping through the floor of my house, scaring me and making incessant noise.

It's really getting irritating. Is there a problem with world gen that it makes a layer of dirt above a bunch of air?

I've built on plains 10 and hills 3. Is there a specific biome that is geologically stable and I don't have to feel like I'm trying to work on top of mud that keeps collapsing?

I've rarely had this problem, so maybe it's just bad luck. You could try using support beams to support the fall-prone dirt and placing torches; that'll stop the dirt from collapsing and mobs from spawning

Yeah except when I find a place to live, I don't think I should be putting support beams under the very dirt I walk on just to make a house. Or spend and hour re-creating a tree farm that was on perfectly flat, usable land when I found it. You're probably right and that it's just been bad luck that on three maps I happen to pick the one place that has a cavern of air one block directly beneath it, but what are the odds of that?

yeah!It falls to my death a few times because of it...But is so fun sometimes! on SMP I saw a poor friend disappear in front of me, we found that it had fallen into a huge ravine leading to enormous caves with walls covered with ore, lost some precious items but we win chests full of ore.

Grats on finding sink holes. They are hard to find, fun to fill, and can contain secrets if you look in them.

Ground settling is a very realistic issue in construction. Once I have gotten settled in enough to not be in constant danger, I dig out the floors and add in a basement with mine supports.

Ground settling is a very realistic issue in construction. Once I have gotten settled in enough to not be in constant danger, I dig out the floors and add in a basement with mine supports.

Yeah that is realistic, what the author wrote is NOT.

Nor is it believeable that caves form up under you

When you shovel away some dirt.

I have some issues, on my first home (was stone under) so I had luck it wasn't too much.

But where I had my chicken farm on a new map (pre36) the dirt fell everywhere, all I did was take away some dirt so it was 2 blocks high and four pieces of fence.

Dirt fell, EVERYWHERE.

Every chicken, RAN AWAY.

:(

Edit: that may help me and the author, is there a way to change the surroundings (obviously from my experience taking away dirt also cause this) without dirt falling everywhere?!

I wish Bioxx would cast some light on this issue, but I'm thinking of trying this out on several maps.

I have some issues, on my first home (was stone under) so I had luck it wasn't too much.

But where I had my chicken farm on a new map (pre36) the dirt fell everywhere, all I did was take away some dirt so it was 2 blocks high and four pieces of fence.

Dirt fell, EVERYWHERE.

Every chicken, RAN AWAY.

:(

Edit: that may help me and the author, is there a way to change the surroundings (obviously from my experience taking away dirt also cause this) without dirt falling everywhere?!

I wish Bioxx would cast some light on this issue, but I'm thinking of trying this out on several maps.

Those are just the way minecraft generation works in vanilla.

When you go in a desert you can always find a patch of floating sand that when updated will trigger it to fall.

Since dirt can fall now, you have to be careful where you place your torches or the entire roof of dirt will collapse creating a mass ravine on the surface

i never have problems with this because for me the grass dosnt fall i dont know if that just me plus but maybe he could ajust the terrain generation to all for cave to generate only 4 blocks below the dirt

Well it is a beta after all so I will try to see where the chance is bigger or smaller.

Still I don't want to hear monsters under every block I've taken away.

Gotta watch out for those sinkholes ;)

Well, stop settling in the minecraft version of guatemala.

Posted Image

There used to be this glitch that when that happened, a layer of dirt would appear above the grass. This once buried the floor of my house. USED to be

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0