Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Peffern

[0.79.18] IndustriFirma (IC2 + TFC Compatibility Pack)

17 posts in this topic

This is a combination MineTweaker/CustomItems pack that I made to allow IC2 and TFC to play nicely with each other. Mostly it allows IC2 processing of TFC ores, as well as fixed crafting recipes to use TFC components. All of the required information is in a readme file as part of the download. This is definitely a WIP and I will continue updating it over time.

I also included a copy of vidaj's water compatibility mod (found here) with the pack.

You can download it here.

Feel free to use it in a modpack, just let me know if you do. And you should tell vidaj as well

You should add a version, so it's easier in the future to handle updates...

Whoops yea I'll do that

is it possible you can update this to build 79.20 I want to use it along side a modpack I downloaded

this is a nice addon. but will you ever make industrialcraft armor and tools usable, or to be more precise, useful? because at the moment industrial craft tools and armor are completely useless, except for the drills (they work fine). because it takes like 30 hits to kill a zombie or creeper with the nano saber. While you are not wearing any armor you take roughly 25 hit points from a zombie, 110 hit points from a skeleton, and 1000 hit points from a creeper (maybe more).  and when a zombie hits you while wearing nano armor you take roughly 45 hit points from a zombie, 110 hit points from a skeleton, and 440 hit points from a creeper and it completely drains the nano armor's power.  with the quantum armor you take roughly 25 hit points from a zombie, 105 hit points from a skeleton, and no hit points from a creeper the first time it blows up, but i completely drains the quantum armor's power, the second time a creeper blows up you take 600 hit points while wearing a completely drained quantum armor. Im not sure if im the only one who thinks this, but that kinda makes nano and quantum armor useless in terrafirmacraft, as wel as with the nano blade. im not trying to chew you out or anything, because i know that the creator of terrafirmacraft purposefully changed the hit damage done by mobs and the amount of health the player has, but my request is only to make this stuff useful again. because quantum armor is very hard to obtain and this mod kinda makes it where you die within 3 creeper blasts. im sorry if it sounds like im chewing you out, im not trying to, hope you understand that. again please make nano and quantum armor and nano blade useful again. 

It is not possible to modify the amour with available tools to implement the TFC damage and HP system. If this were an actual add on it may be possible to reimplement the armour with TFC values, however even if this is possible you would have to get express permission from the IC2 devs to use their assets.

ah, i see. we'll at least i know not to make nano suit or quantum suit armor while playing TFC. cuz that stuff is very expensive and probably one of the most useless armor sets. xD

Is the Water compatibility mod necessary?  I see in Vidaj's thread here on the forum, that it hasn't been tested with IC2 and I get a crash when it's loaded, but not when I remove it. 

Thanks for making this BTW. :)

Edited by WillOfStone

Crash log or it didn't happen.

http://pastebin.com/7Lkd7p8H

I'm usually able to troubleshoot these and work it out, but this one makes no sense.  Followed the install instructions for IndustriFirma to the letter.  This one's got me stumped.  Thanks for the help.

I'm still curious though, if I don't use the water compatibility mod, exactly how much does it affect?

Edit: Updated crash log. 

Edited by WillOfStone

The likely cause of your crash is that there was a major change in how forge deals with fluids. So it is likely that the compatibility mod is incompatible with this. The problem would be that you can't put TFC water into IC2 machines as they don't recognize it as water. So machines like the ore washer won't work. One way to work around this is that if you scoop up any TFC water with an iron bucket it becomes vanilla water. So you can use this to produce vanilla water.

Okay, I'll check that out.  I went ahead and did fresh installs of Minecraft and Java.  The workaround is fine for me.  Thanks again.  

Sorry I was unavailable for so long,(I was at my first dev job yay). Thanks to Bunsan for basically maintaining the thread for me. About the water thing, I just included so you can use the ore washer. Also,  you can use IC2 cells to pick up TFC water to turn it into IC2-usable water. I am working on an actual addon so eventually I will be able to implement some of the things like making the armor actually usable.

Are there any problems that I might encounter if I use a newer version of IC2? Minecraft loaded up fine and I was able to create a world without any null pointer exceptions. Are there any hidden issues that might arise from doing so?

Almost certainly, but if it works most of the time it's probably fine.