Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Necoxus

[Request] Addon Devlopment Guide

136 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Powerman913717 said:

It has come to my attention that some other addons may be having the time reversion bug that my addon experienced a while ago, this is caused by an issue in the addon template created by Bletch.

To correct the issue go to your mod file, which the file named after your addon. Scroll down to line 49 which reads as "proxy.registerTickHandler();". Open up that method.

The code inside that method will read as "FMLCommonHandler.instance().bus().register(new ServerTickHandler());", due to the file for the template being named the same thing eclipse can become confused and register TFC's handler again which is what causes the bug.

To correct this simply name your handler something slightly different, and change the line to have your handler. Ex. "FMLCommonHandler.instance().bus().register(new YourServerTickHandler());"

I hope this is helpful, took me a while to track down the issue of this bug. :)

You can Control Click (at least in intellij, but I think its the same for eclipse) the name of the class (then part after the 'new') to open the file it thinks you mean. If it opens the wrong file, look at the top of your file in the list of 'import' lines. Look for the line 'import com.bioxx.tfc.Handlers.ServerTickHandler' and remove it. Intellij (or eclipse) will now tell you your code it wrong, but should suggest a couple of classes to import for you, make sure you pick the right one.

If you ever need to use 2 classes with the same name in one file, remember that you can always specify the full name as its called 'com.bioxx.tfc.Handlers.ServerTickHandler' and use that just like you'd have used 'ServerTickHandler'.

Have fun Java-ing!

"select an mcp conf dir for the deobfuscator." keeps popping up and no matter what folder i open they are all empty (as in it doesn't show any contents, even if there is any) then it says that it needs me to attach a source "CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.35-dev.jar".  (im running eclipse btw)

admittedly i only have a basic understanding of java, so i dont know exactly what this means, or more specifically what source i have to attach. (i already thought it was asking for me to tell it where the jar itself is, but when i specified the exact folder where the jar was located in, it still wouldnt work) 

This is my first attempt at making an addon, though i did make a few simple regular mods before. any help would be appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read this.

TL;DR - i could use a little help with my dev setup and the guide Bletch made doesnt say how to fix this.

9 minutes ago, Mathias Ademar said:

"select an mcp conf dir for the deobfuscator." keeps popping up and no matter what folder i open they are all empty (as in it doesn't show any contents, even if there is any) then it says that it needs me to attach a source "CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.35-dev.jar".  (im running eclipse btw)

admittedly i only have a basic understanding of java, so i dont know exactly what this means, or more specifically what source i have to attach. (i already thought it was asking for me to tell it where the jar itself is, but when i specified the exact folder where the jar was located in, it still wouldnt work) 

This is my first attempt at making an addon, though i did make a few simple regular mods before. any help would be appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read this.

TL;DR - i could use a little help with my dev setup and the guide Bletch made doesnt say how to fix this.

You need to find your .gradle file on your computer. For me, it is in C:/Users/[UserName]/.gradle. Once you have that, you need to select the file containing the mcp conf dir for the version of forge you are using: C:/Users/[UserName]/.gradle/caches/minecraft/net/minecraftforge/forge/[forge version used]/unpacked/conf. You need to have that version of forge installed to use it.

Make sure you have run "gradlew setupdecompworkspace eclipse". The project should include the "CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.35-dev.jar". Check and make sure the "CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.35-dev.jar" is in the project explorer. If not, you might need to add the jar in the "build path" for the project. Right click the project and select "Build path" then "Configure build path", then use "Add external jars" button under the "Libraries" Tab and find a copy of the CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.35-dev.jar.

thanks. ill try that and hope i dont mess up somewhere else. XD

28 minutes ago, StrayWolfe said:

You need to find your .gradle file on your computer. For me, it is in C:/Users/[UserName]/.gradle. Once you have that, you need to select the file containing the mcp conf dir for the version of forge you are using: C:/Users/[UserName]/.gradle/caches/minecraft/net/minecraftforge/forge/[forge version used]/unpacked/conf. You need to have that version of forge installed to use it.

looks like this was what i messed up on, works perfectly now. ^_^ again, thatnks man. ^_^

On 8/13/2016 at 8:25 PM, Mathias Ademar said:

looks like this was what i messed up on, works perfectly now. ^_^ again, thatnks man. ^_^

I had some problems with "Select MCP Conf Dir" as well, since I'm on a mac and the .gradle folder is hidden. I unhid it but it still doesn't show up in the file chooser.

My solution was to go to the .gradle folder in file browser, find the conf folder, and copy it to my desktop, then point the file chooser at that, which seemed to work.

On 24.06.2015 at 7:22 AM, Bletch said:

Anyway, I have created a document and a template project that you can use to start your development. I have constructed the document in order for me to setup new add-ons when needed. The template project is empty except some main java classes.

Document Link - here

Template Link - here

Thanks for the comprehensive manual (it is not available online, but I downloaded it previously).

Unfortunately, I can not figure, which command should be used to replace DOS gradle.bat files in Linux environment?

Edit: there is gradlew script for Unix, I didn't spotted it earlier because it has no executable flag.

I executed ./gradlew setupDecompWorkspace and ./gradlew eclipse - succesfull, no errors, but eclipse get stalled when I tried to import project. I'm using mars eclipse, is it a cause?  Edit: there was gnome bug, forcing GTK in eclipse.ini solved problem.

Currently I encountered another bug:

Edited by ciekma

I stucked on the next step:  when trying to compile and run, eclipse ask to define config folder for deobfuscator, after that quits showing many errors concerned with codechicken lib. Is NEI source/libs required to compile TFC?

EDIT: I had used the latest version 29, which caused many problems, version 19 works fine.

Edited by ciekma
solved

How to add heat conversion recipe? I can't find any example :(

Edit: I found it: HeatRegistry and HeatIndex

Edited by ciekma
solved

I know most of the members from tfcon staff and organizers are member here in cybertron.ca .. can u guys please link me a guide lines in 3d custom contest for next year .. thanks also what you guys base your judgment on.. cheers

____
XRumer 16.0 + XEvil 4.0: NEW the best program for solving any CAPTCHA, including Google ReCaptcha-2