Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MiaMia

[TFC 0.79.23+] TFC Scales - divide your food precisely :)

40 posts in this topic

logo.png TFC Scales - divide your food precisely :)

This is a simple mod that allows you to build scales and make weights to use in your kitchen.

Remember that time you had exactly 160 oz. of potatoes and you wanted to make four barrels of vodka? But you've forgotten to cut the potatoes with your knife and by the time you placed the barrels and filled them with water, your potatoes decayed slightly and you were able to make only three barrels?

Remember that time you had 158 oz of cherries and wanted to turn your barrel of vodka into a barrel of vinegar? And how you huffed and puffed and cut and joined and calculated to get as close to 100 oz. as possible (because you really, really wanted to just eat the rest of your cherries)?

Well, now you can use "advanced technology" - the scales.

First, you craft your scales:

Scales_recipe.png Scales_model.png

Next, you need to make weigths. For weights you use anvil (copper will do) and the following materials:

• one tin ingot for five 1 oz. weights or one 5 oz. weight
  • one silver ingot for five 2 oz. weights or one 10 oz. weight
  • one gold ingot for one 20 oz. weight
  • one platinum ingot for one 50 oz. weight

Scales_weights.png

Finally, you can use your new kitchen tool. Click to open the interface. The bottom slots are for storing your weights - the weights stack up to 8 in your inventory and in these slots. The top left 9 slots are the left bowl of your scale - put the weights there. The slots on the right are for food - you put your food in the left one, press Cut (make sure you have a knife to cut with in your inventory!) and the amount equal to the weights in the bowl will be cut and put in the right slot.

The scales do not remove decay from your food! That way, you can divide those 160 oz. of slightly decayed potatoes into 4 equal parts and still enjoy your 4 barrels of vodka. If you want to get rid of decay, do it the old-fashoned way.

See how it works: 

Scales_interface.png Scales_after_cut.png Scales_after_cut2.png Scales_after_cut3.png

Legal stuff:
You may download and use this mod freely. You may include it in modpacks as long as you do two things: first, you need to post information about what modpack will include this mod in this thread, second - please, include informations about authors and the webpage of this mod in the description of your modpack.
You may only modify this mod for your own use, but you may NOT redistribute the modified version in any way. This will hold true also if at any point we decide to make the source code available.
By downloading the mod you agree to not hold the mod authors responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of using this mod, including, but not limited to: corruption of minecraft savefiles, corruption of any other minecraft related files and meteors falling down from the sky. And remember the magic word: BACKUP!

Finally, what you've been waiting for - download link: Click here to download TFC Scales for TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.23+

Older downloads:

Brought to you by the team: Acid-Maker&Chogata.

Changelog:

• version 1.0.2
    • fixed a bug that caused the anvil recipes not to register client side when playing on remote server
  • version 1.0.1
    • updated to work with TFC 0.79.23 API (NOTE: tested on 0.79.24 due to anvil bug that exists in 0.79.23)
  • version 1.0.0
    • initial release

Mod spotlight by Grimkor - thank you!

Reveal hidden contents

Edited by MiaMia
added mod spotlight

This is a great little idea. I look forward to trying it out. The weights are smithed on an anvil, right? My first thought was it was a bit cheap to make with just the lumber and bowls, but you do need the weights in order to use it right? Am I correct in understanding that you can't just put 40oz of food in the left grid and then cut off an equal part of food from the food slot?

"the amount equal to the weights in the bowl will be cut and put in the right slot" - zero weights mean zero amount cut off from the source chunk. And nothing else but weights can be placed in the left bowl.

Actualy I wanted this to be a pretty basic item, but one cannot add new molds to the pottery system, so the anvil was the only solution for keeping in the TFC spirit. The only thing we could do was to allow all the weights to be produced using the most basic anvil - the copper one.

Edited by MiaMia

Finally got around to building these in my current world.  Works perfectly.  Nicely done :D

And of course it will be great new addons for example magic mods. :D

Nice piece of inventory for my kitchen. Well done. I use the shift-click-cut to get a lot of pieces with halved weight and then I add up as much as i need to get as close as possible. But this piece looks great.

Does this still work for 79.24? It would suck if it became abandoned, I use this addon a lot. Lol

This version does not work, but it WILL get updated. Maybe even this weekend? 'Cos it looks like real life finally got out of the way ;)

Great to hear, this is a VERY useful mod I'm sure alot of players can't play without so I'm sure they will be VERY happy once you do get it updated. I'll be adding it to the server I'm starting up once it updates.

For all of you there, waiting - the mod got updated! See the OP.

I've included this mod in the TerrafirmaPack build your own TFC pack modpack. On the ATLauncher PackCode is Terrafirmacraft

I've included this mod in the TerrafirmaPack build your own TFC pack modpack. On the ATLauncher PackCode is Terrafirmacraft

Thanks for the info, now that I "discovered" ATLauncher, I'm gonna test your modpack for sure :)

I am going to include this mod in my modpack, Technofirma, available on the FTB launcher with private pack code technofirma.

I'm using this mod with TFC 0.79.26 and I don't see any plans in the anvil for making weights. I put in a tin ingot and there's nothing.

I'm using this mod with TFC 0.79.26 and I don't see any plans in the anvil for making weights. I put in a tin ingot and there's nothing.

What kind of anvil are you using? A stone one probably won't work.

What kind of anvil are you using? A stone one probably won't work.

I'm using a wrought iron anvil. If I put in other ingots like a wrought iron ingot I can see plans for all sorts of tool heads. If I put in a gold or tin ingot, there's no plans for making the weights.

I'm using a wrought iron anvil. If I put in other ingots like a wrought iron ingot I can see plans for all sorts of tool heads. If I put in a gold or tin ingot, there's no plans for making the weights.

I just tested it on TFC 0.79.26 with wrought iron ingot, stone hammer and a gold ingot and I see the plan for 20 oz weight.

Are you sure you place the ingot in the left (input) slot? It is possible to put it in the right (output) slot, then nothing happens if you click on plans button.

If you are sure the ingot is placed in the left slot, please, answer that:

1) What other mods are you using?

2) Are you playing on single or on a server? If on a server, are you sure the server has TFCScales installed?

I just tested it on TFC 0.79.26 with wrought iron ingot, stone hammer and a gold ingot and I see the plan for 20 oz weight.

Are you sure you place the ingot in the left (input) slot? It is possible to put it in the right (output) slot, then nothing happens if you click on plans button.

If you are sure the ingot is placed in the left slot, please, answer that:

1) What other mods are you using?

2) Are you playing on single or on a server? If on a server, are you sure the server has TFCScales installed?

Yes I'm placing the ingot on the left side. I have a biismuth bronze hammer in the hammer slot. I have flux in the flux slot.

5TxwVhS.png

6s5YqKE.png

These are my mods:

FuBwwEc.png

I am playing on a server which I know has the TFC Scales mod as I run the server myself and can craft and place the scales themselves just fine. Spawning in the weights also works fine. I just can't see the plan for making the weights.

Indeed, there was a bug in the mod. Refer to the first post for new download link :)

I would like to include this mod in my modpack - TerraFirmaProgressivePack (especially because I'm using TFC-tweaks with automerge food on pickup)

On 16.05.2016 at 3:46 AM, Wurmatron said:

I am going to include this mod in my modpack, Wurmcraft Ultimate, available on the FTB launcher with private pack code wurmcraft.

Thanks for the info!

23 hours ago, ciekma said:

I would like to include this mod in my modpack - TerraFirmaProgressivePack (especially because I'm using TFC-tweaks with automerge food on pickup)

You don't have to ask, as long as you post the info here, you are free to include it in modpacks.

I would like to include this mod in my pack called TerraFirmaPunk, which is currently available in the Third Party section of the FTB launcher. 

A Great many people have been requesting that I include this mod with the rest of the pack in order to provide a better means of food handling and processing.

I like what you have done with the mod. It seems very well thought out and balanced, and the use of platinum is a nice touch :D