Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MiaMia

[TFC 0.79.23+] TFC Scales - divide your food precisely :)

40 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, OneWolfe said:

I would like to include this mod in my pack called TerraFirmaPunk, which is currently available in the Third Party section of the FTB launcher. 

A Great many people have been requesting that I include this mod with the rest of the pack in order to provide a better means of food handling and processing.

I like what you have done with the mod. It seems very well thought out and balanced, and the use of platinum is a nice touch :D

Thanks for the info, have fun with my mod :)

As for platinum (and the other metals I used for weights) - I actually tried to use metals according to their specific weights. The platinum is a bit of a stretch, it's not actually 2,5 times heavier than gold ;) - it's only a little bit heavier, but the tin/silver/gold ratio is almost ;) right.

Edited by MiaMia
misspelled

Mod spotlight by Grimkor - thank you!

Spoiler

I am using this addon in my private mod pack Terra: Empires. (It's an expansion on TechNodefirmacraft.) Thank you for creating this!

Edit: Removed the TechNode brand name from the mod pack name.

Edited by Astrodude1789

Two things: If I put food in scales and then close the GUI, will the scales store the food? If so, will food decay while it stays in the scales?

Have you considered adding a pottery recipe using ASM?

On 10/12/2016 at 3:59 AM, Peffern said:

Two things: If I put food in scales and then close the GUI, will the scales store the food? If so, will food decay while it stays in the scales?

Have you considered adding a pottery recipe using ASM?

Yes, the scales will store the food. I don't remember now and I have no way of checking, 'cos I'm on holiday (finally!!!!), but I think the food will not decay while in scales, instead it will catch up when taken out. OR maybe it will just decay? I honestly don't remember.

I have considered ASM for like 5 seconds, but I decided against it. Most players get copper anvil quite fast and this one is enough to obtain all the weights. I know it's not a good solution for those who role-play and try to stay longer in casting age, but I'd rather not mess with the main mod. And Scales' co-author will not do that either, I know he would rather rewrite the whole casting code in TFC ;) 

That is good instinct. ASM should be done as an absolute last resort. By leveraging the TFC code (if you are doing a TFC add-on you can extend TFC classes and not just depend on the API) you can do most things. Pretty sure the TFC-Tweaker mod that StrayWolfe made can add in new pottery items, certainly no need for ASM to accomplish it (unless you want it to use something other than 100 units).

On 10/14/2016 at 3:21 AM, Bunsan said:

That is good instinct. ASM should be done as an absolute last resort. By leveraging the TFC code (if you are doing a TFC add-on you can extend TFC classes and not just depend on the API) you can do most things. Pretty sure the TFC-Tweaker mod that StrayWolfe made can add in new pottery items, certainly no need for ASM to accomplish it (unless you want it to use something other than 100 units).

Good point. I've just had ASM on the brain lately, since I needed it for TerraFirmaPumpkins and I need a bit of it for my next mod as well.

On 10/14/2016 at 9:21 AM, Bunsan said:

Ugh, no. Look into the casting code. Pottery items - maybe, but no new molds accepting different metals. Unless there was a change in TFC code itself (I haven't looked at it since .24 and it's now .29).

Using this mod in the official server pack for the soon-to-be-launched (as in like, tonight, hopefully!) server Heavensgrave, hosted at the following site: play.heavensgrave.online.

15 hours ago, jeeb said:

Using this mod in the official server pack for the soon-to-be-launched (as in like, tonight, hopefully!) server Heavensgrave, hosted at the following site: play.heavensgrave.online.

Thank you for info and good luck with your server!

As per our discussion I've added this to TNFC. Honestly can't think why I hadn't before. Great little addon. 

On 28.05.2017 at 5:43 PM, Frost993 said:

Hello,

I would to use this mod inside my FTB unlisted public modpack called Orion's TFC. This is a modpack that will be used by the network of orion-gaming.us. This is a link to our Discord. The pack code will be OrionTFC, and will be available with an official server soon.

(NOTE: I do not own the network/company of Orion-Gaming, its copyrights, etc. I'm simply a modpack/server owner. Any legal complaints fall under Orion-Gaming and its Owner oGwola#9947, whom you can contact on our Discord, Thank you.)

(If you would like to contact me or want more info hit me up , I'm Frost#2378 on our Discord and would be glad to talk anytime.)

Good luck with your modpack and server!

If you did not download the latest version yet, you might have to wait a bit, the server room where my server is located is suffering from temporary internet outage (optical fiber vs excavator: 0:1 ;) )

I will be using this mod in my New Dawn Modpack which I am working on getting posted as an unlisted public mod on the FTB Launcher.

6 hours ago, gcook725 said:

I will be using this mod in my New Dawn Modpack which I am working on getting posted as an unlisted public mod on the FTB Launcher.

Good luck with your modpack!

Hey y'all. Going to be adding Scales to my patron server modpack, TerraFirMeadCraft. No idea if it'll be publicly listed but it'll be on the twitch client. 

My (lethargic) Discord: https://discord.gg/QPQE5w7