Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
meltafire

[TFC 0.79.20] TFC Cupelling Mod - get your galena/lead and platinum to work!

4 posts in this topic

"Hello world!"

That's my first original programming on Java. So may be some mistakes in coding was made. Please be patient and write about it.

This mod is all about refining gold and silver by metalurgy.

More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupellation

In two words:

All TFC methods to acquire gold/silver are untouched.

"TFC gold/silver" in fact isn't the purest gold 999. It's dirty gold with another elements. Just look at picture of gold ore.

To get rid of this elements you must melt gold with lead. By the way that "dirty elements" do contain particles of gold too. So lead will help with extraction too.

Lead is less dense then gold/silver and should go to the top of melted solution with all dirt.

When  dirty lead is above you can move it.

Then solution will become the purest melted gold/silver.

But the cleanest gold/silver isn't too nice material to work with.

So add some coper/platinum to melted solution and it will be still gold/still just another sampling.

Platinum has crazy melt temp but easy disolves with melted gold/silver.

coper/platinum + purest gold/silver = "TFC gold/silver"

:lol: That's alchemy! Lead to gold! inquisition is near! Run!!! :D

TFC API don't provide all necesary features so that's what I come with.

Mod adds an item called "Cupelling Mixture".

Recipe works only with ingots! Place above Lead ingot and Platinum/Coper Ingot below. 

Notice. By ingame mechanics it's a metal so you can pour melted mixture from crucible to ingot mold. Mixture does not stack on ground! So be careful. Store your materials separately! Don't cheat!

Posted Image

Add to Crucible: 1x Cupelling Mixture, 9x Silver Ingots (!!! or 9 Gold Ingots). !!! Don't try to add Lead and Coper/Platinum separately!!! You'll get unknown metal!!!

That's why i created so called "mixture". It's beter be one ingot in terms of crucible overall output.

Posted Image

Result 10 Silver/Gold Ingots.

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czlzxij2cd30cnc/%5B1.7.10%5DTFCCupellingMod-0.01.01.jar?dl=0

Instalation: Install TFC. Place this .jar to /mods.

Have fun!!! 

Edited by meltafire

How has this not been touched yet?

I can understand that the post is slightly confusing, but in essence, it adds a very useful mechanic to smelting. Given enough feedback, this could be refined into a very well-made metallurgy add-on to make some of the unused resources have a purpose in the game.

I like the platinum idea, as I find I always have too much of it, and it doesn't have a use unless you have the lanterns mod. Although, I feel that the process should be streamlined to be more obvious, and polished better. That would made the features more straightforward and easier to understand.

I really want to see this mod go somewhere

This is really cool, but unfortunately not useful enough for me to download it. I'd like to see more detailed ore processing, considering how much detail is in the rest of TFC. It just seems weird to just toss unclean ore in and boom you've got "pure" ingots. Nice ideas, though! I, too, would like to see this go somewhere!