Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Necoxus

[DISCONTINUED][TFC 0.79.29][0.13.0]TerraMisc - Misc, Magic, and More!

292 posts in this topic

Some of you may have noticed that development has slowed a bit, I'm currently getting ready to go back to school for this year...however I will try to keep TerraMisc updated with the current version of TFC so that you may still use it. As far as new features I have something in the works but It requires massive amounts of texturing and balancing so that I don't break TFC's progression/mechanics.

Also on a side note, at this point I've completed most of what I had outlined for this addon in the beginning so new suggestions would be helpful, but I most likely won't be able to get around to them for a while. On school breaks or whenever I have free time I will try to add more and complete the work that I've started.

I could possibly help with some of that texturing you mentioned if you want.

That would be awesome! I'll send a message shortly with a list of what I need, just cause I don't want any spoilers out there. :P

TerraMisc (0.5.0) has been released, special thanks to Nyssa for doing some of the texturing for me. :D Check change log for more details!

A powerful light source, like the vanilla beacon, would be a good addition. It would be used to mark locations, and would be fueled by olive oil. It would burn the oil at a much faster rate than the plain oil lamps would, though.

Did some testing with TFC 0.79.22 everything seems to be fine, let me know if there's an issue. 

Also please redownload TerraMisc as there was some version naming issues that have been resolved; this will help in the event of a crash to make sure I or others know what version is being used.

Edited by Powerman913717

Think you could add back the ability to make stained clay one day?

Think you could add back the ability to make stained clay one day?

I'll look into it, could be cool to have more colors and textures to build with. :P

Quick question: the candle burn longer than the Torch, what if the Torch are config to last forever?

Currently I have it set to a value that is hardcoded so if the torch value is changed in the config the candles will NOT change to compensate. At some point I'll set it up to use a formula involving the config value.

You may download and use this mod openly. You may include it in modpacks as long as you do two things: first, you need to post information about what modpack will include this mod in THIS THREAD, second - please, include my IGN:Powerman913717 and a link to this forum post somewhere in your modpack. This INCLUDES server distributed mod packs. You may only modify this mod for your own use, but you may NOT redistribute the modified version in any way. By downloading the mod you agree to not hold the mod author responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of using this mod, including, but not limited to: corruption of minecraft savefiles, corruption of any other minecraft related files. I'm not responsible for any eye bleeding/burning/exploding on account of my poor texturing.

It can be found under the legal section of the main post.

Released TerraMisc [0.5.1], Just a minor tweak to the tallow candles their burn rate should now change with the torch burn if it is altered in the config files. Due to the calculation I used for this they burn about 2 days shorter. eg. Before the update it was 1000 hrs, now it's 48[default torch burn rate] * 20 = 960

I see that I will need to do some updating to the addon for the new of TFC, at the moment I'm about to go out of state for 4 days and will be on a much slower internet connection and will most likely not have time to update. Once I get back I can begin the process of updating, however until I look at the code I don't know what all will need to be fixed and how long it will take me; due to having school 5 days a week.

Don't misread this I will continue to work on the addon just hang in there while I work on updating. :D

I get this on my server...

[server thread/ERROR] [FML]: A TileEntity type terramisc.tileentities.BlockTallowCandleTileEntity has throw an exception trying to write state. It will not persist. Report this to the mod author
java.lang.RuntimeException: class terramisc.tileentities.BlockTallowCandleTileEntity is missing a mapping! This is a bug!
        at net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntity.func_145841_b(TileEntity.java:80) ~[aor.class:?]
        at terramisc.tileentities.BlockTallowCandleTileEntity.func_145841_b(BlockTallowCandleTileEntity.java:37) ~[blockTallowCandleTileEntity.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75820_a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:370) [aqk.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75816_a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:197) [aqk.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73242_b(ChunkProviderServer.java:256) [ms.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73151_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:302) [ms.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73044_a(WorldServer.java:809) [mt.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71267_a(MinecraftServer.java:318) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:569) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]

Can you please fill out a bug report with more information, there is a template in the main post...I have no way of tracking down the cause without additional information.

I see it has something to do with the tallow candles but that's it.

Edit:

Btw I read some of the posts in your server thread, and it seems that you are having issues with time and whatnot which could be causing the issue with the candle burn time that's returning an error.

Edited by Powerman913717

Nyssa I went ahead while I had some free time and compiled some textures for the stained clay addition, so the plan is for there to be wet stained clay which is kilned to produce hardened stained clay. The wet clay blocks crafted from like 4 clay and dye or something like that nothing too fancy. Also I'm going to recreate the hardened clay versions to have higher durability for TFC compatibility. I'll get this all worked out once I've updated to 0.79.23 of TFC, sound good?

would be great if you can chisel them too >.> if not that's cool still

They will be chisel-able, that shouldn't be hard since I'll be reusing to an extent what TFC does to create its blocks. :D

Very nice addon! I love it <3! But how can I make a arrow mold and bolt mold?

Those currently don't have recipes, if you check the first spoiler on the main page everything that is complete has instructions there. That's one of the wip things, I have plans for them just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Still working on an the update, I just got an external harddrive that I'm working to transfer my modding files to could take some time as moving around such large files can cause issues and could throw some errors due to the files being in a new location from where they were compiled.

Shouldn't take too long, maybe within the next week or so I can have an update out for the newest version of TFC.

Still working on an the update, I just got an external harddrive that I'm working to transfer my modding files to could take some time as moving around such large files can cause issues and could throw some errors due to the files being in a new location from where they were compiled.

Shouldn't take too long, maybe within the next week or so I can have an update out for the newest version of TFC.

https://github.com/ FTW ;-)

Opensource your mod. Easier to get input from other modders, and even help if needed.

Ive got a suggestion, if youre willing; the javelin gets meal heads, i think bow arrows should as well (earliest evidence of metal arrowheads is between 3300-2500 BCE).Also, a crossbow would be pretty sweet, give yourself a little edge against enemies in the heaviest kinds of armor, archaeological digs and recovered texts from China would seem to indicate that the crossbow came into wide usage around 400-500 BCE, which like the arrowheads would fit the suggested time period used in TFC. (its worth noting that the Chinese also developed a magazine-fed repeating crossbow too)