Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Necoxus

[DISCONTINUED][TFC 0.79.29][0.13.0]TerraMisc - Misc, Magic, and More!

292 posts in this topic

Stupid question:
Are you sure you have bolts, and not just bold heads in your inventory?
I seem to remember reading (watching?) somewhere that you have to first click the crossbow with a short click to 'load' it, and then long click to 'draw' it - but I may be wrong - I have no experience with using this weapon in game.

It is working well now, I just draw it to short.

EDIT: I found this crossbow somewhat underpowered - it is about two times weaker than regular bow, and much worse than longbow.

Is it possible to tweak these values (the best option is putting it into cfg section).

Edited by ciekma
conclussions

First of all sorry for this late Bug report .

I haven't played TFC for quite some time now, and now I'm back, and I've found that the Longbow damage scales with the draw time (or rather the damage get's limited by the draw time, and doesn't draw faster) . (Not sure if intended or not, but I'd assume not.)

For example: If you set the Draw time to 1 the Longbow needs 1 full drawn shot to kill a zombie. if you set it to 0.5 it 2-full-drawn-shots a zombie (consistently, killed at least 10 zombies each way, and didn't have any cases were it was different.)

Factor 0.2 needed 3~5 full-drawn-shots to kill a zombie (It got a bit wonky, since you needed multiple shots, and the arrows sometimes hit multiple times cause of minecraft physics)... but you get the point.

I really like ranged weapons like bows, and especially powerful bows in a survival game like TFC minecraft, but I don't like standing around for hours (it really feels like it when 5 creepers are walking towards you) just to draw the bow, which in reality takes way under a second to fully draw (TFC is about believability, etc). (I think a draw multiplier of 0.2 to 0.5 would be nice for me.)

Also if you set the multiplier to 0 (instant full draw) the Arrow just drops and glitches out, can't be picket up again and just stays in the air forever (Or at least for a long time, after 5 rl hours of playing it didn't disappear). (Screenshot attached)

Minecraft 1.7.10, TFC 0.79.29.922, Terramisc 0.11.1 playing on hard Difficulty tested with forge 10.13.4.1558-1.7.10 and forge 10.13.4.1448-1.7.10. Happening in both SSP and SMP, used other mods, also tested with no other mods, same results. No crash report obviously.

I know you stopped the main development of terramisc, but it looks like TFC2 still needs some time to be fully released, so it would be nice to have this fixed .

Have a nice day :),

-Daniel

2016-08-13_15.39.24.jpg

2 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

First of all sorry for this late Bug report .

I haven't played TFC for quite some time now, and now I'm back, and I've found that the Longbow damage scales with the draw time (or rather the damage get's limited by the draw time, and doesn't draw faster) . (Not sure if intended or not, but I'd assume not.)

For example: If you set the Draw time to 1 the Longbow needs 1 full drawn shot to kill a zombie. if you set it to 0.5 it 2-full-drawn-shots a zombie (consistently, killed at least 10 zombies each way, and didn't have any cases were it was different.)

Factor 0.2 needed 3~5 full-drawn-shots to kill a zombie (It got a bit wonky, since you needed multiple shots, and the arrows sometimes hit multiple times cause of minecraft physics)... but you get the point.

I really like ranged weapons like bows, and especially powerful bows in a survival game like TFC minecraft, but I don't like standing around for hours (it really feels like it when 5 creepers are walking towards you) just to draw the bow, which in reality takes way under a second to fully draw (TFC is about believability, etc). (I think a draw multiplier of 0.2 to 0.5 would be nice for me.)

Also if you set the multiplier to 0 (instant full draw) the Arrow just drops and glitches out, can't be picket up again and just stays in the air forever (Or at least for a long time, after 5 rl hours of playing it didn't disappear). (Screenshot attached)

Minecraft 1.7.10, TFC 0.79.29.922, Terramisc 0.11.1 playing on hard Difficulty tested with forge 10.13.4.1558-1.7.10 and forge 10.13.4.1448-1.7.10. Happening in both SSP and SMP, used other mods, also tested with no other mods, same results. No crash report obviously.

I know you stopped the main development of terramisc, but it looks like TFC2 still needs some time to be fully released, so it would be nice to have this fixed .

Have a nice day :),

-Daniel

2016-08-13_15.39.24.jpg

I'll take a look into this, there have been bugs before similar to this, must have missed some math somewhere. Just to clarify, what version of TerraMisc is this? 

Also, I will be addressing the development of this addon in a few days or sooner, as TFC2 is taking such a long time.

8 hours ago, Powerman913717 said:

I'll take a look into this, there have been bugs before similar to this, must have missed some math somewhere. Just to clarify, what version of TerraMisc is this? 

Also, I will be addressing the development of this addon in a few days or sooner, as TFC2 is taking such a long time.

Awesome :D .

As I wrote in my original bug report i was using Terramisc 0.11.1, although the issue exists since you added float support to the draw time (Tested with 0.8.0, where it worked fine, and 0.8.1, where the error started to occur) (in 0.8.0 you were able to set the draw time to 0 and shoot with normal damage).

beTerraMisc (0.12.0) has been released, several new features to enjoy, such as soy milk and an improved fruit press. Candles have been completely rewritten, I suggest that before updating you remove any candles currently placed in your world as all candles will be receiving a data update that could cause conflict with older versions. Colored ones will disappear this is intentional as world saves will have to be converted to the new candle system.

More details in the changelog as per usual. :)

Edit: Please redownload if you have downloaded already, uploaded the wrong file.

Edited by Powerman913717

I've found a bug regarding the Quiver (and the longbow):

If you have multiple stacks of arrows in your quiver and shoot with the longbow, it subtracts one arrow from each stack in your quiver (if you have two stacks of arrows in your quiver you need two arrows per shot, but you only shoot one arrow. Same with 3 stacks you consume 3 arrows per shot.). (Have only tested the longbow with your quiver, and it's getting late for me, so I'm not gonna test more today :D ) Should be easy to reproduce, since I had this issue on two different minecraft instances both SSP and SMP.

As with the last bug: Minecraft 1.7.10, TFC 0.79.29.922, Terramisc 0.11.1 (Also tested Terramisc 0.12.0, same results) playing on hard Difficulty tested with forge 10.13.4.1558-1.7.10 and forge 10.13.4.1448-1.7.10. Happening in both SSP and SMP, used other mods, also tested with no other mods, same results. No crash report obviously.

The bug with the bugged arrow at draw time 0, which I mentioned earlier still exists.

Also the drawback with using integers is, that you can't make the draw time double the speed, etc the way you have it now.

Therefore a suggestion: Maybe you can set the default draw time to 100 as integer, and therefore you can half the draw time by setting it to 50, etc. Might be cleaner than with floats and more versatile than with default draw time 1.

Have a nice day :D .

The integer thing was a quick fix, I'll see what I can do about improving the way the math is done to bring back the floats, numbers would get all sorts of weird to make them that big as you suggested. Using zero anywhere will not be possible mathematically zero creates a lot of issues inside the code, and I rather not create a special condition to turn a longbow into a machine gun. I'll also look into the quiver, thanks for the bug report.

9 hours ago, Powerman913717 said:

The integer thing was a quick fix, I'll see what I can do about improving the way the math is done to bring back the floats, numbers would get all sorts of weird to make them that big as you suggested. Using zero anywhere will not be possible mathematically zero creates a lot of issues inside the code, and I rather not create a special condition to turn a longbow into a machine gun. I'll also look into the quiver, thanks for the bug report.

Gotcha, Maybe you wanna add to the config description that the number has to be greater than 0 :D .

Looking forward to the fixes :D .

TerraMisc (0.12.1) has been released, includes some bug fixes, nothing else special. More details in changelog.

11 hours ago, Powerman913717 said:

TerraMisc (0.12.1) has been released, includes some bug fixes, nothing else special. More details in changelog.

Can't test if it works, you uploaded the source code file :P .

Fml, fixed...I need to change the labeling on those so that stops happening... -_-

The Quiver bug is Fixed, but the Longbow damage multi on quicker drawspeeds still exists. (Now that I realized that without armor/with lighter armor the draw speed is faster, the draw speed isn't that important to me anymore. Would be still nice though. :P )

The quiver thing was most important though. Thanks for the Fix :D

Glad someone noticed the armor thing, the chain mail armor actually is set to count as leather for that calculation so wearing chain mail can be good for an archer. :)

On 18-8-2016 at 2:20 AM, Powerman913717 said:

Glad someone noticed the armor thing, the chain mail armor actually is set to count as leather for that calculation so wearing chain mail can be good for an archer. :)

I really like this idea - very believable!

TerraMisc (0.13.0) has been released, check the changelog for more details. Mainly minor bug fixes.

Fruit juice is from berries, and can be converted to sugar or vine.

But what for is apple juice, lemon juice etc?

Fruit juice is produced from all berries, plums, and cherries. And yes it can be used to make both wine and sugar.

The other juices are mostly for just drinking, those being apple and orange. I'll think about adding a sugar recipe for them as well.

Lemon juice can be used to craft lemonade, that recipe also requires sugar and water.

The new onion juice is a joke, I added it for HoneyPlay who often streams on twitch with Pakratt who hates onions. It can be used basically as a poison splash potion. Side Note: all potion effects can be removed from the player by drinking soy milk.

This is probably my favorite addon for TFC. I'd really like to see saddlebags for horses, mules, and donkeys. It would be even better if there were wagons you could pull for a lot of storage, but I'm sure that's a pretty hefty job. Just some ideas

Can fruit press hopper be used for olive production? And new quiver can hold standard arrows?

In such case vanilla TFC hopper and quiver are obsolete, why not disable receipts of these vanilla TFC items, and assign these receipts to these new one?

I left the standard TFC versions of stuff for compatibility. Easier for people to add my add-on to an older world or mod pack that way.

Hi, just updated to your latest version (0.13.0) and all the dyed candles seem to be missing from game.

I tested with all my mods in, and with just Terra-Misc, and the dyed candles did not show in NEI. I was able to craft all the dyed tallows, but I couldn't put them into bowls or use them in any way.

Not sure whats going on because it worked in the previous version.

Hope to hear from you soon!

-Sayreg

On 10/23/2016 at 1:45 PM, Sayreg said:

Hi, just updated to your latest version (0.13.0) and all the dyed candles seem to be missing from game.

I tested with all my mods in, and with just Terra-Misc, and the dyed candles did not show in NEI. I was able to craft all the dyed tallows, but I couldn't put them into bowls or use them in any way.

Not sure whats going on because it worked in the previous version.

Hope to hear from you soon!

-Sayreg

Candles received a complete rewrite, technically now there is only one candle. You can make "tallow dye" and then right click on the candle to change its color. More information should be included in the change logs.

Ah that makes sense, I hadn't looked at the change logs.  Thanks for getting back to me

Hi Powerman,

I have found something. I am not sure it is a real issue, but I thought I'd mention it: When you make coils in an anvil and after finishing the two coils you don't take them out off the anvil, but continue to make the chain links, you will lose one of the coils.

Thanks for this awsome mod btw. I really like it. It adds a lot of good things to TFC :D