Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Necoxus

[DISCONTINUED][TFC 0.79.29][0.13.0]TerraMisc - Misc, Magic, and More!

292 posts in this topic

I changed about 80 percent of the textures inside mod. If I change about 40 percent textures, mod is loaded. Resource pack I have not seen and how to put it in a folder (minecraft-resourcepacks) I did not understand...

I'm sorry ! In the folder (toolheads) of mod was one copy of the file , removed the copy - problem solved ! Thanks for the response !

Love the content in this addon, but experiencing issues with the fruit press in TerraMisc 0.13.0

The fruit press item has no recipe listed in nei or anywhere on this page that I could find. Gave it a conversion recipe  with normal hoppers using CustomNPCs hoping that it would be the end of my troubles. But the fruit press is still nonfunctional. I have a barrel, a fruit press, a smooth stone block, and fruit. Lots of fruit. Fruit that is going to waste. I am unable to place the stone block in the hopper like the TFC wiki states it should. The stone block just sits on top. Information is scarce and outdated. What is going on? How do I press fruit?

I have several TFC addons and some other mods like NEI, fastcraft, bibliocraft, and CustomNPCs, I don't see any reason they should conflict, aside from all the broken recipes <_<

On 1/31/2018 at 6:08 PM, ninjakitty7 said:

Love the content in this addon, but experiencing issues with the fruit press in TerraMisc 0.13.0

The fruit press item has no recipe listed in nei or anywhere on this page that I could find. Gave it a conversion recipe  with normal hoppers using CustomNPCs hoping that it would be the end of my troubles. But the fruit press is still nonfunctional. I have a barrel, a fruit press, a smooth stone block, and fruit. Lots of fruit. Fruit that is going to waste. I am unable to place the stone block in the hopper like the TFC wiki states it should. The stone block just sits on top. Information is scarce and outdated. What is going on? How do I press fruit?

I have several TFC addons and some other mods like NEI, fastcraft, bibliocraft, and CustomNPCs, I don't see any reason they should conflict, aside from all the broken recipes <_<

Placing the TFC Hopper in the crafting grid will produce the TerraMisc Fruit Press. You can use the fruit press to process olives into oil, so there is no need to have both.

I have been thinking about releasing a bit of an update to TerraMisc, the 3rd year anniversary is coming up, and this addon has come a long way and taught me a lot. I've switched PCs during this time, so my dev environment is a bit shaky currently. Provided that I can get it smoothed out and functioning, I'd like to do something special.

What would you all like to see added to TerraMisc? I do plan on making TerraMisc open source on Github as apart of cleaning up my dev environment.

On ‎23‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 2:06 AM, Powerman913717 said:

I have been thinking about releasing a bit of an update to TerraMisc, the 3rd year anniversary is coming up, and this addon has come a long way and taught me a lot. I've switched PCs during this time, so my dev environment is a bit shaky currently. Provided that I can get it smoothed out and functioning, I'd like to do something special.

What would you all like to see added to TerraMisc? I do plan on making TerraMisc open source on Github as apart of cleaning up my dev environment.

It might be a too crazy attempt, but I see the foundation already set in your mod:

Would you mind incorporate Growthcraft mod or make it compatible or so? The booze stuff is quite lovely made for TFC and an upgrade to your fruit press implementation. Also the mod is open-source (community edition) and was until recently updated.

I will brainstorm a little more, maybe I come up with another suitable idea :D

keep up the amazing work, I have a lot fun with your creation!

Other proposals:

- like in 1.13 debarkified wood

- like in 1.12 lamas :D

- rendering (if you have the ability) snow on fences and walls, maybe chiseled; water rendering in those blocks (see MC 1.13)

- weeds grow on the fields, if not cared, and tilled soil will eventually turn back into soil

- making upgrading hoes more worthwhile by tilling soil 1x1 (stone) 3x1 (bronze) 3x3 (steel) as example

- by pushing a key you can look into vessels/other container in your inventory

- beekeeping with bee swarm mob

Not all of it may fit perfectly well, but I wanted you to give you as much inspiration as possible :)

Edited by drkoaeg

On 4.4.2018 at 9:18 PM, drkoaeg said:

beekeeping

I really like that idea. So we'd have another nice immersive food source.

Maybe some sort of usage for twigs? I dunno. I just end up with 10²² of those, and I have no idea what do do with them, even though it'd make sense that you can use them as cheap fuel in low/mid tier cooking things. Maybe like a stove or makeshift stone oven of some sort as mid tier cooking station that can use twigs (a bunch of them) to cook your bread and meats. It just feels like a waste to me to burn multiple cubic meters of wood to cook a fist full of dough into a bread on a small campfire made from twigs, but can't be fueled with twigs, and I don't have access to a metal grill yet. Maybe that makeshift oven could use twigs because of higher burning efficiency due to better airflow than a flat campfire, and have two slots for cooking food? (Upgrade from the campfire single slot, but still far from the wrought iron grill 6 slots.)

On 4/4/2018 at 3:18 PM, drkoaeg said:

Other proposals:

- like in 1.13 debarkified wood

- like in 1.12 lamas :D

- rendering (if you have the ability) snow on fences and walls, maybe chiseled; water rendering in those blocks (see MC 1.13)

- weeds grow on the fields, if not cared, and tilled soil will eventually turn back into soil

- making upgrading hoes more worthwhile by tilling soil 1x1 (stone) 3x1 (bronze) 3x3 (steel) as example

- by pushing a key you can look into vessels/other container in your inventory

- beekeeping with bee swarm mob

Not all of it may fit perfectly well, but I wanted you to give you as much inspiration as possible :)

On 4/6/2018 at 5:46 PM, Daniel86268 said:

I really like that idea. So we'd have another nice immersive food source.

Maybe some sort of usage for twigs? I dunno. I just end up with 10²² of those, and I have no idea what do do with them, even though it'd make sense that you can use them as cheap fuel in low/mid tier cooking things. Maybe like a stove or makeshift stone oven of some sort as mid tier cooking station that can use twigs (a bunch of them) to cook your bread and meats. It just feels like a waste to me to burn multiple cubic meters of wood to cook a fist full of dough into a bread on a small campfire made from twigs, but can't be fueled with twigs, and I don't have access to a metal grill yet. Maybe that makeshift oven could use twigs because of higher burning efficiency due to better airflow than a flat campfire, and have two slots for cooking food? (Upgrade from the campfire single slot, but still far from the wrought iron grill 6 slots.)

I rather not borrow features from newer versions of MC or other mods, just doesn't feel original and I won't be able to reproduce the features exactly the same; at least not practically.

A lot of those ideas would involve finicky code or base edits to TFC, which are not allowed.

However, I am working on some food-related things at the moment, and I've already pushed a new decorative block to my GitHub page. So I may do some beekeeping stuff, but that's been done so many times in MC by various mods I'll need to find some unique ways to tackle it.

Using sticks as fuel isn't impossible, but could be tricky as TFC adds a lot of variables to fuel; different types of fuel affect the taste of your food for instance.

10 hours ago, Powerman913717 said:

Using sticks as fuel isn't impossible, but could be tricky as TFC adds a lot of variables to fuel; different types of fuel affect the taste of your food for instance.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for thinking it though, maybe you can implement it if you get a really good idea on how to implement it :D

I kinda feel like the taste system is a bit overcomplicated for the amount of attention it gets from players. It's nice, but noone really pays enough attention. I for myself just slap together some weird corn bread, raw potato, peach, cooked chicken, classic cheese sandwiches for balanced nutrients. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for thinking it though, maybe you can implement it if you get a really good idea on how to implement it :D

I kinda feel like the taste system is a bit overcomplicated for the amount of attention it gets from players. It's nice, but noone really pays enough attention. I for myself just slap together some weird corn bread, raw potato, peach, cooked chicken, classic cheese sandwiches for balanced nutrients. :rolleyes:

I have added additional recipes that use sticks over other types of wood; I can't entirely recall what they are at the moment lol, probably for ladders I think. I can look into it later though.

The problem with just ignoring how other fuels are implemented is that it could throw errors when specific values are missing, and a block or something tries to call up those values. I could implement an item separate from sticks that are crafted from them such as "scrap wood" or something like that, with a new TFCM item it would be a breeze to add those values, it's not something that can be readily done to an existing item.

If not sticks as fuel, maybe thatch? I was playing on the deserted spawn biome and it was not possible to heat up piece of meat.

BTW, firestarter is OP, it should have chance to fail on existing fireplace, otherwise what is a reason to make flint and steel?

Other idea of fireplace improvement is to make small explosion if flushed with water, enough to broke rock beneath it. Just a ancient and ineffective method of gaining ore, but welcome alternative if you have ore vein exposed but not enough nuggets to make pick.

2 hours ago, ciekma said:

If not sticks as fuel, maybe thatch? I was playing on the deserted spawn biome and it was not possible to heat up piece of meat.

BTW, firestarter is OP, it should have chance to fail on existing fireplace, otherwise what is a reason to make flint and steel?

Other idea of fireplace improvement is to make small explosion if flushed with water, enough to broke rock beneath it. Just a ancient and ineffective method of gaining ore, but welcome alternative if you have ore vein exposed but not enough nuggets to make pick.

I could work thatch into a recipe to use as fuel, however, I will not alter the balance of existing game mechanics. The flint & steel is quicker to use when you make firepits, kilns, or forges; for relighting them, it is as effective; the other advantage is the flint and steel has much higher durability.

Is it possible to add compatibility for TechNodeFirmaCraft? 

On 4/11/2018 at 9:23 AM, cvbn2000 said:

Is it possible to add compatibility for TechNodeFirmaCraft? 

Isn't that a mod pack? I haven't played it so I'm unaware of any incompatibilities if you have a crash report from the mod pack with TerraMisc I'll take a look.

I posted a crash with Technodefirmacraft from about a year ago, but I think the version havent changed much since, and each time I have tried to add Terramisc in since I got the same error. http://pastebin.com/FhpXjZCt

20 hours ago, Baleyg said:

I posted a crash with Technodefirmacraft from about a year ago, but I think the version havent changed much since, and each time I have tried to add Terramisc in since I got the same error. http://pastebin.com/FhpXjZCt

It's throwing an error on one of my fluids, could be a conflict with something in one of the other mods. Do you any of those mods add anything named similarly to "Onion Juice" or anything remotely like that?

It seems to be less of conflict between fluid ids and more of the registry, the TechNodefirmacraft team seemed to have rewrote sections of the terrafirmacraft. I think the issue lays in that they rewrote the part that makes the buckets for most modded fluids to use an "ultimate bucket" where it's  essentially just a vanilla bucket renamed and recoloured. They must have re-writen the fluid/bucket registry in a way that doesn't agree with the normal terrafirmacraft registry methods.

Edited by cvbn2000

10 minutes ago, cvbn2000 said:

It seems to be less of conflict between fluid ids and more of the registry, the TechNodefirmacraft team seemed to have rewrote sections of the terrafirmacraft. I think the issue lays in that they rewrote the part that makes the buckets for most modded fluids to use an "ultimate bucket" where it's  essentially just a vanilla bucket renamed and recoloured. They must have re-writen the fluid/bucket registry in a way that doesn't agree with the normal terrafirmacraft registry methods.

I'll look into it deeper then, however, the error is on the last of my fluids. I feel like if it were a registry issue, the crash would occur sooner rather on the closing entry.

I would say that I had an earlier version of terramisc working with an earlier version of technodefirmacraft, but we are talking over 1.5 years ago so the exact details elude me, but i would guess that the issue cropped up approx 1.5-2 years ago so if Bunsan (I'm pretty sure he does TNFC) and you can look over changes to fluid registry the two of you did around that time then that would be the place to start.

I just had a thought about the technodefirmacraft compatibility issue, does the Onion Juice liquid use Terrafirmacraft Glass Bottles? Because I was reading through some of the changes they made and they removed TFC glass bottles completely in favor of vanilla Minecraft glass bottles.

Edited by cvbn2000
grammar

On 4/21/2018 at 8:56 PM, cvbn2000 said:

I just had a thought about the technodefirmacraft compatibility issue, does the Onion Juice liquid use Terrafirmacraft Glass Bottles? Because I was reading through some of the changes they made and they removed TFC glass bottles completely in favor of vanilla Minecraft glass bottles.

Technically yes, the TFCM onion juice item looks like a glass bottle...but I believe the container item is set as a TFC glass bottle. I need to confirm your idea, but if that's the case, I can set up an "if" statement to switch to vanilla bottles in the presence of TechNode.

That is likely the cause. Being compatible with our fork can be challenging for TFC-addons as I've rewritten a lot of code. For example the ores, metals and minerals are reorganized completely with a different class structure. Also all tools are container items, meaning that crafting handlers that use the TFC duplicate tool and use durability method will cause the tools to duplicate. So be aware that depending on all the things your mod does it may be a slippery slope of work for compatibility.

On 24/3/2018 at 10:06 PM, Powerman913717 said:

Maybe something like a geologist's hammer, or something of the sort, to sample what rock types are in the middle and bottom layers. Maybe it could have a skill level attached to it, being more likely to get it right the higher the skill. Or it could be linked to the prospecting skill, since in a way they are related. One for ores/minerals, the other for rock types.

I know that I certainly would have loved to have something like that when I was looking for that elusive Gabbro, to get Garnierite.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:32 PM, Bunsan said:

That is likely the cause. Being compatible with our fork can be challenging for TFC-addons as I've rewritten a lot of code. For example the ores, metals and minerals are reorganized completely with a different class structure. Also all tools are container items, meaning that crafting handlers that use the TFC duplicate tool and use durability method will cause the tools to duplicate. So be aware that depending on all the things your mod does it may be a slippery slope of work for compatibility.

I heard about that dupping bug too, since I use knives and hammers in some of my recipes. Does your fork of TFC have a unique ModID or another identifier I could detect? If so I could implement tweaks, your right that it would be a slippery slope but it might not be terrible. It's also worth it to me if that is what people want and it will be used.