Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Crysyn

Only help if you can be helpful

Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
    • Kittychanley

Offline Servers

Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
Powerman913717

[TFC 0.79.29][0.13.0]TerraMisc - Random Stuff and Things for TFC!

238 posts in this topic

I've actually been working on this in the background when I'm not doing other stuff with my addon, glad that its a feature that players would like to see. :D

Also just a heads up for other players, I'm thinking its still going to be a week or so before I get the new version of my addon released, I may scrap the new feature I've been working on due to the difficulty I'm having implementing it, or put it aside until I can figure out in more detail how it should be done to do it correctly. -_-

Edited by Powerman913717

I went ahead and scrapped the new edition aside from some minor things and of course the update to TFC [0.79.24]. I have not tested it on 0.79.23 however it should be compatible. Changelog contains more details on what I did add/change.

just started texturing this for my pack, and i was wondering what was your initial idea with the road blocks? they dont look much like a road, just a smaller brick pattern than vanilla bricks

They were intended to be used with other materials to make classier looking roads, really the name is a poor one it was more so an experiment trying to create blocks how TFC does it and that's just what I named them at the time.

P.S. The stained clay blocks...maybe at some point, but you wouldn't believe the amount of different issues I kept running into trying to handle the crafting of them. Between the forge/fire pit being a pain in the butt to add recipes to (which was my backup plan); and it being tricky to use blocks in kiln recipes/converting items into blocks using kiln recipes I just decided to scrap it for now and maybe come back to it when its easier for me to do something like this.

That's fine, at least you tried :)

How do you make a bow string? I've got 9 sinew string but I just can't figure it out

3 sinew string horizontally in a straight line should yield a bowstring.

XXX

SSS

XXX

S - String

X - Empty

Edit: I also tweaked the info in the main post on the crafting for these items so that its easier to understand in the future for those that do not use NEI.

Edited by Powerman913717

Including this mod in TerrafirmaPack mod. ATLauncher semi-public pack PackCode: Terrafirmacraft

TerraMisc (0.6.1) has been released, check the change log for more details. Special thanks to BoneHawksEye for creating the German translation.

Edited by Powerman913717

Thanks for the translations I'll get them added in for the next release. :D

TerraMisc (0.6.2) has been released, check the change log for more details. Special thanks to Mymag for creating the Chinese and Taiwan translations.

I'm attaching thumbnails that show the recipe, however I suggest that you get NEI and the TFC addon for NEI so that you can view TFC custom recipes (knapping, alloy, etc) in game.

Mb0eQ1E.png

gSTHnri.png

TFC Version #:      [1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.24.816.jar

TerraMisc Version #:     [1.7.10]TerraMisc-0.6.2.jar
Forge Version #:    forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10-universal.jar
SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): SMP

Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No): YES
Do you have any mods other than Forge, TFC, and TerraMisc installed? (Yes/No): NO

When No users are connected, your mod interferes with the TFC mod's slowing time in such a way that the Calendar decrements.

See http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8734-issue-with-calendar-time-in-modded-smp-tfc/ For details.

In order to reproduce the issue (and strip away all possible other mods from my server):

I built a server with only TFC and TerraMisc. 

I left all configs default except the port.

I logged in and verified starting calendar date of 1 June 1000, and exited.

In console, I executed /time add 2500000

I logged in and verified calendar date of 1 July 1001, and exited.

Waited 2 hours, with no users logged on.

I logged in and verified calendar date of 3 June 1001.

So apparently both you and TFC are subtracting time when the server is idle, the net effect being that time rolls backwards when the server is idle?

Very odd I'll look into it, I suspect it could be the candles at work being that they are the only thing I've coded that has to do with time at all. Thanks for the bug report, for the time being I would suggest caution to those using the addon.

so how exactly can i use the metal arrows/ bolts and the crossbow? none of them seem to have recipies. :/

All of those things are WIP, everything that is completed and fully functional is on the main page with descriptions.

What is the difference between the normal bow and long bow. When I tested them out the longbow had a less of a range then the normal bow.Alot less range as in the normal bow at 30 blocks away from the target dropped 1.5 blocks. The longbow dropped at least 3 blocks at the same range. Also when i tested the damage the Longbow only did 1,183 as the normal bow did 1,692 damage. Just wondering if i am doing something wrong with it or what use it is as i would have thought that the longbow would have done more range and damage but take longer to draw back.

I'll do some testing, it is intended to draw slightly faster, and deal more damage than the normal bow. I know the draw speed is unrealistic, but the longbow is intended to be an upgraded version of the standard bow.

TerraMisc (0.7.1) has been released, check changelog for more details.

I did some testing with the bow and longbow, at five blocks away shooting at a bear the normal bow delt about 400 damage less than the longbow. (Bow: 1367 damage, Longbow: 1753) I did however do some testing with the range and noticed that they were about the same, so I tweaked some values to increase the range, however that is a very tricky thing to test and I doubt it would make much of a difference to the usage of the longbow.

Splitting tool/Splitting maul

A small platformed wood-splitter, or a splitting maul (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_maul) would be a welcome addition!

The wood-splitter could be made from chiseled stone as well, but with a high likely-hood of failing to split the wood and simply break.

You put the log on top of the splitter, then whack it with a hammer till it splits

Splitting maul is a long-handled axe used to split wood blocks.

From split to halves; halves can be used in fires as fuel for half the time of thier wood type, and can be crafted with a knife to produce a single plank each.

I'll do some testing, it is intended to draw slightly faster, and deal more damage than the normal bow. I know the draw speed is unrealistic, but the longbow is intended to be an upgraded version of the standard bow.

Could you maybe add the draw-speed to a config section? Would be nice to tweak it towards realism for a personal world :D

Splitting tool/Splitting maul

A small platformed wood-splitter, or a splitting maul (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_maul) would be a welcome addition!

The wood-splitter could be made from chiseled stone as well, but with a high likely-hood of failing to split the wood and simply break.

You put the log on top of the splitter, then whack it with a hammer till it splits

Splitting maul is a long-handled axe used to split wood blocks.

From split to halves; halves can be used in fires as fuel for half the time of thier wood type, and can be crafted with a knife to produce a single plank each.

I'll think about this, I want to make sure that TFC maintains its normal progression with my addon. This addon is intended to provide additional cool things to TFC that don't altar the balance of the core mod.

Could you maybe add the draw-speed to a config section? Would be nice to tweak it towards realism for a personal world :D

Sure, it should be part of the next release. :)