Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
eshep

Small Boats recipe tweaking

18 posts in this topic

I'm having problems tweaking the recipe for the Small Boats mod.  I was told by Awger to use "this.setUnlocalizedName("punt");" as the item but I can't get it to work.  Can someone please set me straight on how I make this happen?  I've never screwed with Mine Tweaker before but the instructions seemed simple enough, guess not though.

recipes.remove(<this.setUnlocalizedName("punt")>);recipes.addShapedMirrored(<this.setUnlocalizedName("punt")>, [[<terrafirmacraft:block.WoodSupportV>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>, null],[<terrafirmacraft:block.WoodSupportV>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>],[<minecraft:item.boat>, <minecraft:item.boat>, <minecraft:item.boat>]]);

I believe he was telling you to use that line of code to learn that the unlocalized name of the item is "punt" and not that you should be using literally that phrase in your script. I'm not sure exactly what mod ID that mod is using, but it's going to be something along the lines of

<smallboatsmod:punt>

Also, you should never be doing 

terrafirmacraft:block.

anything. Blocks are just terrafirmacraft: and its only items that are 

terrafirmacraft:item.

The unlocalized names for vanilla boats is also 

minecraft:boat

, it is not

minecraft:item.boat

This script will also not allow you to use acacia support beams in your crafting recipe, as they are 

terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV2

So message the mod author again, and ask him what his mod ID is, or open up a game that has cheats enabled and give yourself the item and there will be a message that tells you the proper unlocalized name of the thing. Your script should looking something a bit more like this, but don't use this because it isn't guaranteed correct:

recipes.remove(<smallboatmod:punt>);recipes.addShapedMirrored(<smallboatmod:punt>, [[<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>, null],[<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>],[<minecraft:boat>, <minecraft:boat>, <minecraft:boat>]]);

I'm not sure how exactly Minetweaker handles metadata as well, so you may need to also tell it to use some sort of wildcard value so all types the first set of support beams work, and not just the oak ones that have the metadata of 0.

Awesome,thanks for the details that's exactly what I needed. I was really just shootin in the dark after reading a handful of other scripts. I'll give these new values a try later and see what happens. I recall seeing wildcards used in a script somewhere so I'll have a go at those too.

Well, after countless amounts of poking and prodding I finally found it!

recipes.remove(<punt:item.punt>);recipes.addShapedMirrored(<punt:item.punt>, [[<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>, null],[<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>],[<minecraft:boat>, <minecraft:boat>, <minecraft:boat>]]);recipes.addShapedMirrored(<punt:item.punt>, [[<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV2>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>, null],[<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV2>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>],[<minecraft:boat>, <minecraft:boat>, <minecraft:boat>]]);

This little bit only allows it to be built with Oak or Acacia beams.  It's gonna take a little more fiddling to get it to work "right".  I think I need to exchange the bottom center boat for a single chest since the boat has one.  And probably have it consume a tool (chisel/axe) to make it more expensive.  I assume both of those will also be a pain in the butt due to the multiple wood and metal types.

Anyhow, for whomever may want it, it somewhat works now.  That's a good start right?

There are a few ways to deal with multiple wood types. For items used in recipes you can use modID:name:* if they have the same base unlocalized name with different meta values. Another way is to use the ore dictionary value. So replace the modID:item with ore:(whatever the ore dictionary name is). Ore dictionary values can only be used as materials, not products.

Another tip. Hold the item you need unlocalized name for in your hand. Type /mt hand It will output name and any ore dictionary value it has. It will also copy name to clipboard so you can just paste it.

So looking at your stuff I am guessing that it is the wood support that is making it challenging. My suggestion is to create an ore dictionary entry for them. Enter this code above your add recipe script.

var woodSupport = <ore:woodSupport>;woodSupport.add(<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV);woodSupport.add(<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV2);
Etc.

Then just use <ore:woodSupport> in place of the wood support unlocalized name.

DUDE!  I wish I'd known about that /mt hand deal a week ago, that made this whole process a breeze.  I think I got it as balanced as I would like now.  Thank you so much for that tip Bunsan.  I'll put a new topic in the Addons Forum with what I have.

# ORE DICT# Item to use for Mastvar Mast = <ore:Mast>;Mast.add(<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV:*>);Mast.add(<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV2>); # Item to use for Sailvar Sail = <ore:Sail>;Sail.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>);Sail.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.SilkCloth>); # Boat storage containervar BoatChest = <ore:BoatChest>;BoatChest.add(<terrafirmacraft:Chest TFC:*>); # Tool to build boat#var BuildTool = <ore:BuildTool>;#BuildTool.add(<XXXXX>); # RECIPESrecipes.remove(<punt:item.punt>);recipes.addShapedMirrored(<punt:item.punt>, [[<ore:Mast>, <ore:Sail>, <ore:itemSaw>],[<ore:Mast>, <ore:Sail>, <ore:Sail>],[<minecraft:boat>, <ore:BoatChest>, <minecraft:boat>]]);

You'll want to add the acacia chest ID to your chest ore dic as I believe it has a different name (17 types of wood). If you aren't going to bother adding you can just use the name with:* in recipe and not bother with ore dic.

If memory serves silk and wool cloth are already ore dic'd. Use /mt hand to check or use NEI settings to display that info.

I strongly suggest reading the tutorial on the minetweaker wiki. It is short and quite good at explaining things.

Edit. For the way you use your saw does it not consume the saw? You can add .transformDamage() to damage the item, default is 1, but it will use whatever value is in the brackets. Ore dic values that are built into the mod behave differently than player added ones. So you may also need to add .anyDamage(). If you don't want to use durability just add .reuse().

Thanks, I checked that and the Acacia chest is actually <terrafirmacraft:Chest TFC:16> and not a seperate ID like the support beams.  I grabbed all the chests using <terrafirmacraft:Chest TFC:*> instead of listing them outright.  I did see that wool and silk cloths are both in <ore:materialCloth> but I had good reason to variablatizerate it.  I wanted it to be a little easier for folks to read and edit in case they may want to use a different material.  Same holds true for the other variables as well.  I wanted to use format for the "BuiltTool" but I found that <terrafirmacraft:item.*Saw> is not a valid value and out of pure laziness I didn't feel like adding nine lines at the time.

A for the complete saw comsumption, yes, that was the idea.  I thought about making it take damage but I thought a full trade-in was fair.  As I said in the new thread, these boats are quite powerful as far as TFC goes.  For this reason alone I decided it should be harder to get and thus more valuable.

In that case is suggest using .transformDamage(base durability of copper saw). Players will craft copper saws to make the boat, since who would waste even an iron saw. This is annoying and it is nicer to use a better tool and just lose durability.

Ahh, I didn't understand that's how .transformDamage() worked, I like that idea better.  So now it should cost the damage value of a single copper saw no matter what type is used.  I'm probably doing this wrong but here's how I used the damage modifier.

# Tool to build boatvar BuildTool = <ore:itemSaw>.transformDamage(600);

The problem I have doing it this way though is there's no minimum durability required.  Testing this definition shows that if I use a new copper saw, it consumes the whole thing and gives me the item crafted.  If I use a copper saw that is almost completely destroyed, it does the exact same thing.  I can only find (on the wiki) a way to require certain amounts of damage on an ingredient.  Is there some way to require a minimum durability?

As far as I could tell there is no way to do that.

I don't use this mod, as we are using Ships mod by Cuchas, but the discussion interest me.

I think it would make more sense to use copper ingots instead of just consuming a saw. It could be explained as reinforcement or something else.

If you think one copper ingot is not expensive enough, just increase the number.

Copper sheet or double sheet.

I like that. It is a lot better them consuming a tool. Constructive here please don't take it the wrong way.

Since I imagine these boats are indestructible, in opposition to the vanilla ones that break just by you looking at then. It could be said that the metal is for the keel and is what makes the boat so more resistant.

Edited by Djakuta

I like where yall are going with this, thanks for the feedback.  A single copper sheet might be enough to justify the 250HP these things have.  And don't worry Djakuta, no comments are gonna hurt my feelings.  We're just brainstormin here tryin to get good balanced functionality.  The whole point is to see where other players stand on that balance.

Now after playing around with a few different combinations of the sheet idea I think I got something.  I've narrowed it down to two recipes.

First is just simply adding a copper (double)sheet to the bottom row.  Simple, straight forward, does the trick.  Also, kinda lame compared to the other plan.

Posted Image

# ORE DICT# Item to use for Mastvar Mast = <ore:Mast>;Mast.add(<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV:*>);Mast.add(<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV2>); # Item to use for Sailvar Sail = <ore:materialCloth>; # Boat storage containervar BoatChest = (<terrafirmacraft:Chest TFC:*>); # Hull item for the Puntvar PuntHull = <ore:plateCopper>; # Hull item for the Whitehallvar WhitehallHull = <ore:plateDoubleCopper>; # RECIPESrecipes.remove(<punt:item.punt>);recipes.addShapedMirrored(<punt:item.punt>, [[Mast, Sail, null],[Mast, Sail, BoatChest],[<minecraft:boat>, PuntHull, <minecraft:boat>]]); recipes.remove(<whitehall:item.whitehall>);recipes.addShapedMirrored(<whitehall:item.whitehall>, [[Mast, Sail, null],[Mast, Sail, BoatChest],[<punt:item.punt>, WhitehallHull, <punt:item.punt>]]); recipes.remove(<hoy:item.hoy>);

The second approach has a little more TFC crafting feel to it, more involved if you will.  It renames a stock boat to "Punt Hull" when combined with a copper sheet.  Then three of these are needed to craft the Punt.  Similarly, the Punt is used in the same manner with a double sheet to make the "Whitehall Hull".  And three hulls are needed to build the Whitehall as well.

Posted Image

# ORE DICT# Item to use for Mastvar Mast = <ore:Mast>;Mast.add(<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV:*>);Mast.add(<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV2>); # Item to use for Sailvar Sail = <ore:materialCloth>; # Boat storage containervar BoatChest = (<terrafirmacraft:Chest TFC:*>); # Hull item for the Puntval punthull = <minecraft:boat>.withTag({display: {Name: "Punt Hull", Lore: ["This hull has been reinforced to withstand the rigors of open sea travels."]}});recipes.addShaped(punthull, [[<minecraft:boat>], [<terrafirmacraft:item.Copper Sheet>]]);val onlyPuntHull = punthull.onlyWithTag({display: {Name: "Punt Hull"}}); # Hull item for the Whitehallval whitehallhull = <minecraft:boat>.withTag({display: {Name: "Whitehall Hull", Lore: ["This hull has been reinforced to withstand the rigors of open sea travels."]}});recipes.addShaped(whitehallhull, [[<punt:item.punt>], [<terrafirmacraft:item.Copper Double Sheet>]]);val onlyWhitehallHull = whitehallhull.onlyWithTag({display: {Name: "Whitehall Hull"}}); # BOAT RECIPESrecipes.remove(<punt:item.punt>);recipes.addShapedMirrored(<punt:item.punt>, [[Mast, Sail, null],[Mast, Sail, BoatChest],[onlyPuntHull, onlyPuntHull, onlyPuntHull]]); recipes.remove(<whitehall:item.whitehall>);recipes.addShapedMirrored(<whitehall:item.whitehall>, [[Mast, Sail, null],[Mast, Sail, BoatChest],[onlyWhitehallHull, onlyWhitehallHull, onlyWhitehallHull]]); recipes.remove(<hoy:item.hoy>);

This looks amazing.  I would love to add this to my season 2 TFC youtube series I'm currently working on.  Does anyone know if this works with the latest tfc version? and with one that has most singleplayer tfc addons?  

how did you make make smallboats work with terrafirmacraft water?