Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
eshep

[TFC 0.79.20] SmallBoats 16.1 - MineTweaker Script

11 posts in this topic

I've been wanting to use the SmallBoats Mod by Awger with TFC because I think it blends well.  Okay, the big boat may be a little much but the small one definitly fits nicely with TFC.  One big problem though, the mods recipe items, like most mods, don't jive with TFC stuff.  For this I thought I could use MineTweaker to fix the materials needed.  Luckily Bunsan came to the rescue telling me to just use /mt hand to find the right IDs to use in the script.  If not for that, I'da been banging my head on the desk for weeks.  Thanks again by the way!

So, without further ado...

# Punt recipe fix for SmallBoats version 1.7.10-10.13.0-16.1 and TFC 0.79.20# by eshep # ORE DICT# Item to use for Mastvar Mast = <ore:Mast>;Mast.add(<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV:*>);Mast.add(<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV2>); # Item to use for Sailvar Sail = <ore:Sail>;Sail.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>);Sail.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.SilkCloth>); # Boat storage containervar BoatChest = <ore:BoatChest>;BoatChest.add(<terrafirmacraft:Chest TFC:*>); # Tool to build boat#var BuildTool = <ore:BuildTool>;#BuildTool.add(<XXXXX>); # RECIPESrecipes.remove(<punt:item.punt>);recipes.addShapedMirrored(<punt:item.punt>, [[<ore:Mast>, <ore:Sail>, <ore:itemSaw>],[<ore:Mast>, <ore:Sail>, <ore:Sail>],[<minecraft:boat>, <ore:BoatChest>, <minecraft:boat>]]);

My reasoning behind the recipe choices.

Support Beams seemed like the right choice for a mast, cheap but fitting.

Cloth was the only logical choice for a sail.  And I think cloth needs more uses.

One chest should also be consumed since the boat has one aboard.

These boats are very handy and (for TFC) should not be as easy to get as they are for VanillaMC.

For this reason I figured a saw was a reasonable "trade-in" for one.

This also means that since you need three of these to make a larger boat, it makes them that much more valuable.

Possible update ideas.  Please let me know what yall think.

I am thinking of tweaking the second boat (Whitehall) recipe as well.  As it sits it requires only three Punts to make.  I'm thinking maybe a metal mast of some sort, a couple more chests, and another tool or two.

The largest boat (Hoy) may be a little much for TFC.  I want to either disable it completely or make it insanely hard to get.

how do i install this. you probally should put this into a zs file ask someone how its what most scripts use.

Just copy paste the text into a text editor like notepad+ and save file with .zs extension. Drop that file in your minetweaker script folder.

I'd strongly recommend not using this mod. I tested and each block (hoy has about 100) is a ticking TE which eats an insane amount of CPU time. It eats 250us per block (a complex Tech machine is usually 25-100us). A hoy was eating over 25ms per tick. MC runs at 50ms per tick for 20 ticks per secound. Meaning this one ship sitting doing nothing eats half the available CPU time.

Whoa, seriously?! I haven't noticed any sluggishness with it so far. I do have some other issues with it that annoy me but I really like having a "chest-boat" for long journeys.

Thanks for lookin into that Bunsan.

Just run opis and you can get a good idea of what is going on.

I also tweaked this mod recipe:

recipes.remove(<punt:item.punt>);recipes.addShaped(<punt:item.punt>, [[null, <terrafirmacraft:item.SinglePlank>, <minecraft:string>], [<terrafirmacraft:item.stick>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Brass Ingot>, <terrafirmacraft:item.SilkCloth>], [<minecraft:boat>, <minecraft:chest>, <minecraft:boat>]]);recipes.addShaped(<punt:item.punt>, [[null, <terrafirmacraft:item.SinglePlank>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolYarn>], [<terrafirmacraft:item.stick>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Brass Ingot>, <terrafirmacraft:item.WoolCloth>], [<minecraft:boat>, <minecraft:chest>, <minecraft:boat>]]);recipes.remove(<whitehall:item.whitehall>);recipes.addShaped(<whitehall:item.whitehall>, [[<minecraft:wool>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Rope>, <minecraft:wool>], [<terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV:*>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Wrought Iron Sheet>, <terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV:*>], [<punt:item.punt>, <terrafirmacraft:planks:12>, <punt:item.punt>]]);recipes.remove(<hoy:item.hoy>);recipes.addShaped(<hoy:item.hoy>, [[null, <terrafirmacraft:ArmourStand>, <terrafirmacraft:item.SilkCloth>], [<terrafirmacraft:item.Rope>, <terrafirmacraft:WoodSupportV2>, <terrafirmacraft:Fence:10>], [<terrafirmacraft:item.Black Steel Tuyere>, <whitehall:item.whitehall>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Red Steel Double Sheet>]]);#additionally I have minecraft wool block crafting defined as 9 wool cothes

Generally it works fine (but you need to set log level to SEVERE in all 4 configs for this mod).

Unfortunately I found strange bug: if Hoy is placed at the ground, it permanently block firmanent.

I would rather stick with cuchaz mods, but with high ship tiers very hard to obtain.

I, too, like this mod.  I have not built the Hoy - never thought that I wanted to get a ship that seems huge...

I think burlap cloth would be appropriate for the sail - not silk cloth.
As for "eating up" a saw - I'm in two minds about this, but I can see your point.

On the whitehall, if you've had to "eat" three saws for the three punts, why do you find the need to then "eat" more tools?
I could live with one or more extra chests, and a tuyere (of any ferrous metal) as a mast, perhaps even with a zinc ingot thrown in for "galvanizing" if you decide to use iron rather than steel.

With its cannon, I believe that the hoy is a bit out of place in TFC, but the other two ships are fine.
(not sure if the cannon on the hoy do TFC or vanilla MC damage - probably the latter so that may in effect render them impotent).

Another thought about the tweaked script in the OP:
Having a chest instead of one of the boats in the recipe is actually making the thing *cheaper*.
A TFC chest consumes 8 lumber, whereas a MC boat consumes 4 planks = 5*4 = 20 lumber (almos t3 times the cost of that chest).

If you maybe had a "Boat chest" item (with a texture) made up of, say, 4 TFC chests that you had to use in this recipe then I believe this would be more appropriate.