Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
daveris

new passive mob AI

42 posts in this topic

I just love this idea. I would like to add that farm animal should need to be fed.

Since Terrafirmacraft is about realism what about adding a hunger bar to any domesticated animal? The idea is that to make an animal farm you should have to feed them or they would despawn. That would make a lot more sense. Their hunger bar should last a few days so is not like they would die just because you skip a day.

I kind of like the idea, but if you are talking minecraft days, I can see animal farms dying off real fast on the 24/7 servers. Even if you give it a leeway of a couple of minecraft days, not playing on the server for a few hours could kill off the entire livestock.

I just love this idea. I would like to add that farm animal should need to be fed.

Since Terrafirmacraft is about realism what about adding a hunger bar to any domesticated animal? The idea is that to make an animal farm you should have to feed them or they would despawn. That would make a lot more sense. Their hunger bar should last a few days so is not like they would die just because you skip a day.

I guess I forgot to mention that I already implemented that. Animals will have to eat in the wild too, which means wolves eating herbivores and herbivores eating grass. If you don't feed them, they die, but herbivores drop less meat when they starve to death. I think the starve timer is something like a minecraft week?

I guess I forgot to mention that I already implemented that. Animals will have to eat in the wild too, which means wolves eating herbivores and herbivores eating grass. If you don't feed them, they die, but herbivores drop less meat when they starve to death. I think the starve timer is something like a minecraft week?

good idea but wouldnt all the herbivore animals die out if the wolves started attacking them all? we could probably counteract this by making the animals breed more often in the wild

I support this idea as well. :) You are supported by Pie_Flavor160

1)Having to feed cows/chickens/sheep would become extreamly tedious in very short order if you added hunger to them.. So ya I don't see that happening.

2)Also if birth rates are pushed back to a year for most animals (I hope not chickens, those only take a few weeks IRL) then animals will need a 100% Meat/Leather/whatever drop-rate and give a Lot more food then they currently do to make up for the loss in availability and how fast our food bar drops.

3) Domestic animals don't love people, it's mostly the recognize them as a source of food and what not, my Great, Great uncle has a cow farm (For selling them off as meat for over 50 years) and it is funny to see him honk the tractor horn and they all come running.

4(not even on topic) What is with this Pie_Flavor160 guy spamming "I like this Idea" or "I support this idea" on everything this morning?

It kind of is happening dunk is a dev. The second idea is mostly likely also going to be implemented. I disagree that animals don't love some owners, not sure how thats relevant though. And Pie flavor is exciting excited about the mod nothing wrong with that.

this is what happens when i dont come on for a few days my topic explodes but i like alot of things here like everthing has to eat and wild breeding i really cant wait for all of this to be in the game

There are plans to make feed bins and stuff so we don't have to sign in every two hours, right?

Right?

There are plans to make feed bins and stuff so we don't have to sign in every two hours, right?

Right?

.............. Right ?

I didn't even think of that till you pointed that out :S

I don't think cows should always runaway from you... only if you scare them -by running towards them, screaming or hitting them-. Maybe Pigs should work in the same way.

I can't think of any reason why a wild animal shouldn't keep it's distance from you.

dunkleosteus, I love everything you have posted

I can't think of any reason why a wild animal shouldn't keep it's distance from you.

Simply because they are big enough to don't be afraid of you. Unless you probe yourself a cow-depredator. Sure, they would walk away from you if you are too close -mostly because they are unconfortable-, but they would only run away -or go on stampede over you- if provoked.

Simply because they are big enough to don't be afraid of you. Unless you probe yourself a cow-depredator. Sure, they would walk away from you if you are too close -mostly because they are unconfortable-, but they would only run away -or go on stampede over you- if provoked.

This is actually a more complex issue than it seems. Domesticated cows don't run from people because they have been approached by people all their lives and are used to their presence. If you were to take a "wild" cow (I don't think such a thing exists anymore, I know the domestic cow descended from the aurochs though, so that would have been the closest thing) it would certainly react violently to the presence of a human. There are few animals stupid/non predated enough to not run from people when they see them.

The Dodos were one of those animals, and look how that turned out for them :P

<3

lol. I don't think I mentioned this but I remembered this the other day and began work on redoing the panic ai for animals to run AWAY from you when hit.

good idea but wouldnt all the herbivore animals die out if the wolves started attacking them all? we could probably counteract this by making the animals breed more often in the wild

I plan to have herds of wild animals that are big enough to make up for any loss of population, but make them far sparser than minecraft currently has them. Sort of like the ores.

This is actually a more complex issue than it seems. Domesticated cows don't run from people because they have been approached by people all their lives and are used to their presence. If you were to take a "wild" cow (I don't think such a thing exists anymore, I know the domestic cow descended from the aurochs though, so that would have been the closest thing) it would certainly react violently to the presence of a human. There are few animals stupid/non predated enough to not run from people when they see them.

The Dodos were one of those animals, and look how that turned out for them :P

Yes, you've discovered my secret. Aurochs will be a thing.

Yes, you've discovered my secret. Aurochs will be a thing.

I saw you mention it in another thread. It made me very happy :D

Right?

domesticated dogs/wolves/things that follow you (like cats) will most likely have to log out when you do (part of their ai code that makes them follow you that I'm implementing)

herbivores eat grass off the ground like vanilla sheep used to regrow wool.