Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

Well, that picture is 16x16km approx, so you can judge it from that. 

Spoiler

K68wOdk.png

Edited by TaeoG

These biomes are looking pretty amazing :D

How far along is the research and crafting portions? Alot of people have been asking me to add Thaumcraft or even Bloodmagic to my pack but the conversions look like they could be an incredibly daunting task. Tho ModTweaker does provide TC and BM support rewriting the aspects and research alone could take months, especially if I try to add every block and item in my pack.

Keep up the great work and hope to see more soon :D

cant wait for a release to come out so i can have an exuse to add thaumcraft to my tfc pack (my personal use only) :P

4 hours ago, TaeoG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

K68wOdk.png

:ooooOOOOO *Dies of Hype Overdose*

So, keep the Magic oak trees that normally spawn in magic forests or let TFC choose the trees that appear in the area? Should I let the lumps of mossy stone spawn in Magic Deserts?

Its funny some of the bugs that came out of adding Magic biomes to areas that don't have trees. Magic Deserts, for example, tend to have grass on top of every cactus.

6 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

These biomes are looking pretty amazing :D

How far along is the research and crafting portions? Alot of people have been asking me to add Thaumcraft or even Bloodmagic to my pack but the conversions look like they could be an incredibly daunting task. Tho ModTweaker does provide TC and BM support rewriting the aspects and research alone could take months, especially if I try to add every block and item in my pack.

Keep up the great work and hope to see more soon :D

All the basic thaumium gear has been converted into TFC items, complete with anvil recipes and such. Haven't touched the void metal or elemental items yet. Most of the rest of the research can be left alone to run as it always has. Every TFC item also has an aspect now, except for food. Whether or not food will end up having an aspect is undecided. Due to being able to split food into tiny portions, it would be super easy to abuse to get large amounts of Fames or Messus or whatever. My choice is either to change how the aspect code works, or make other items fill the role that vanilla carrots and potatoes and such fill, when it comes to aspects.

On 4/17/2016 at 4:57 PM, OneWolfe said:

Really not digging this new forum software. I'm not sure if just incompatible with chrome or just terrible. My old posts stick around inside the reply box, so I have to delete them every time, I can't erase empty "quote" boxes, can't properly quote myself, no way to edit the post at the text level at all... frustrating.

Anyways, to the question I wanted to ask. In your opinions, what should I do with all the mushrooms that spawn in the magic forests? Just leave them be for people to use as decorative blocks and essence farming or something else? TFC has no mushrooms whatsoever if I remember correctly, so it seem strange to just throw them in there with no use.

If you mean no use, you are right. If you mean not spawning i believe they do spawn. Also, I think you should keep them, it has the feel of an overgrown forest, and you could make fermented spider eyes with them i think.

Edited by KsterNator

well, for consistency's sake I would likely make the large mushrooms cut down the same way as trees, but ya if they have a thaumcraft use I'll leave them be otherwise.

There is always some way to make them useful ;)

TFC does have its own mushrooms, but I don't think they can grow into the large variety. Although I've never bonemealed them to check. 

hmm, that complicates things. If a thaumcraft player can create an essence harvester using large mushrooms, Id want them to be able to do that in TFC as well. But TFC mushrooms and bone meal don't work the same way, its all going to be largely incompatible. Not sure how to handle this.

The shrooms that tfc gens are vanilla shrooms, but since tfc bone meal is coded differently, they can't be used to grow super shrooms. Also they have no use, since brewing is not possible with out recipe changes and wodden bowls are disabled, never mind tfc hunger and vanilla hunger don't mix. So by all means , if you wanna make them usable, go right ahead. :)

New question for y'all. Some greatwood trees have chests under them with random loot. Saddles, horse armor, stuff like that. What would be fitting Terrafirmacraft loot to have instead? (Horse armor isn't a thing and saddles are different, I believe)

I think it would be appropriate. No sense in adding things we can't use.

Maybe some ores and who knows, some hidden research that can only be found in chests. Oh yea, what about the thaumcraft hill dungeon?

I don't see why not. The spawners need to be swapped out for the tfc equivilants and loot swapped. But otherwise it should be groovy.

Seeds are nice too, or any kind of food stuff is always sought after.

Haven't found the code for the hill dungeons yet. Should be fairly easy, just swap out the spawners and dirt. 

And ya, bits of ore and such might not be a bad idea in those chests. Food would just rot as soon as you took it out, but seeds may work.